PDA

View Full Version : IA Billet and Deployment question

MarathonMarine
06-20-10, 04:28 PM
I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I haven't been able to find much.

I was scheduled to deploy end of this summer/early fall, however my wife has recently become extremely ill. As a result I was pulled off the deployment so that I can be here to take care of her. While I definitely appreciate this, and would not want to leave her in this condition, I really want to deploy. Since I'm going to miss the opportunity to deploy with my unit I'm trying to find another way to deploy as soon as my wife is better, like december/january time frame. I've been trying to find out info about individual augmentation but I can't seem to find too many details. So my questions are:

How does the IA process work?

How do I kick it off? Just mention what I want to do to my sgt? Or is this a career planner kind of thing?

I read something about them trying to match you with an IA Billet that you qualify for. I can't remember where I read it but the wording seemed to imply that you can only fill a billet that matches you MOS. Anyone know if this is true? I'm hoping its not because 1) I hate my job, its the most boring-ass-stare-at-a-computer-super-pog-MOS ever and 2) there's only like 300 marines in my MOS and very few units rate us so I'm not sure if there would be much demand for us elsewhere