PDA

View Full Version : Wizard of Oz Remake

echo3oscar1833
06-20-10, 03:26 PM
This movie looks pretty good gents

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fskDCVfNknM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

Rocky C
06-20-10, 03:48 PM
I won't watch it if it has those flyin Monkeys in it.
They freak me out!!!

USNAviator
06-20-10, 05:32 PM
"Good movie"

I agree it looks like a good movie. Far removed from the original and a heck of a lot better than the Michael Jackson tripe

Many historians believe that when Baum wrote the Wizard in the 1890's, it was a political statement

OZ represented US going back on the silver standard 16 oz of silver to 1 oz of gold

Dorothy represented every man/woman

Scarecrow: the farm worker

Tin Man: the factory worker

Cowardly Lion: Williams Jennings Bryant who couldn't make up his mind to run for Pres, he did and lost

Wizard: D.C power base, Pres, Congress etc

Emerald City: DC where the Green Backs were printed

This goes on and on but you get the idea. Didn't mean to sound like Cliff Claven ;)

Big Jim
06-20-10, 07:38 PM
LMAO.....man they are truly running out of ideas for movies...!! Richard Dreyfus as the wizard.....?? When I see him I keep expecting to see the "Jaws" shark close behind.....!! LOL.....

The DUKE
06-20-10, 09:58 PM
Actually I believe this made for TV movie was in reallity closer to the actual books reading as opposed to the one we all grew up with on TV in late november every year. The one we always see has been hollywoodized for our entertainment benifit, back in the day they were real concerned about something called running time and the stats back then told them that American audiances wouldnt sit still for any thing longer than the time alloted to movies back then. Well now we know that its just not so what with the advent of "lord of the rings" and that horrible third pirate movie with jonny depp in it. Worst three hour I ever spent in the theater seat. Anywho if you have the time and inkling read the originals and the next in line of the series in books, I think the originals went onto something like "Son of a witch, and "Wicked" were a few of them, very entertaining if your a reader, probably not so much if your only video oriented.

Marine1955
06-21-10, 09:35 AM
I like the movie well enough to buy the DVD for my wife and I ...