USNAviator
06-19-10, 06:59 AM
MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT <br />
LELAND DIAMOND, USMC <br />
(DECEASED) <br />

USNAviator
06-19-10, 10:22 AM
Ken

This is another link. Not much out there on Lou. Hope this was of some help and interest

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/dickg/Lou.html

Dan

kenrobg30
06-19-10, 10:23 AM
You don't fool around, when you go after a story, Do you Commander??
I'd say that's enough and then some!! I like it. :marine::thumbup: S/F!!! Ken

USNAviator
06-19-10, 10:25 AM
You don't fool around, when you go after a story, Do you Commander??
I'd say that's enough and then some!! I like it. :marine::thumbup: S/F!!! Ken

Just following orders!!!! ;)

kenrobg30
06-19-10, 01:09 PM
Just following orders!!!! ;)
Did you salute ?? :D I followed that thread, to the GunnyG site. It's going to tale me a wee; to read through all of that. Thar's OK though, it's to hot to do anything else anyway. I never heard any of the bad stories about Sgt Diamond, and as usual, I;ll take it with a grain of salt, until I've read a lot further. I keep reminding myself that nobody likes everybody. It's an interesting project Dan. Thank you for the start. :beer: S/F!!! Ken

USNAviator
06-19-10, 05:03 PM
Did you salute ?? :D I followed that thread, to the GunnyG site. It's going to tale me a wee; to read through all of that. Thar's OK though, it's to hot to do anything else anyway. I never heard any of the bad stories about Sgt Diamond, and as usual, I;ll take it with a grain of salt, until I've read a lot further. I keep reminding myself that nobody likes everybody. It's an interesting project Dan. Thank you for the start. :beer: S/F!!! Ken

As smartly as I could Ken ;) I did not know much about Lou until I started this project. Was not able to find if anyone ever wrote a book about him. I'm sure there are articles in back issues of Leatherneck Magazine but those are hard to come by

Enjoy

Dan

Zulu 36
06-19-10, 05:23 PM
As smartly as I could Ken ;) I did not know much about Lou until I started this project. Was not able to find if anyone ever wrote a book about him. I'm sure there are articles in back issues of Leatherneck Magazine but those are hard to come by

Enjoy

Dan

You know Leatherneck Magazine has an on-line archive that has issues back to at least WWII. I was able to get an article from them about my father's platoon on Saipan. You have to pay a fee, but it isn't huge.

USNAviator
06-19-10, 05:37 PM
You know Leatherneck Magazine has an on-line archive that has issues back to at least WWII. I was able to get an article from them about my father's platoon on Saipan. You have to pay a fee, but it isn't huge.

I did not know that. I'll look into that this evening. Thanks again

Rocky C
06-19-10, 05:41 PM
That was a Great Read Dan!!!

Thank you.

USNAviator
06-19-10, 05:43 PM
That was a Great Read Dan!!!

Thank you.

:thumbup: