PDA

View Full Version : Does Crash Fire Rescue still exist

whododat1
06-18-10, 08:51 PM
My son was told that this MOS no longer exists(rumor) and seeing that he is set to go to PI next month, he has concerns about the rumor. Has anyone else heard this?

Thanks in advance

thezero
06-18-10, 09:21 PM
Yes it still exists. My friend just graduated from the school a few weeks ago. Who told your son that CFR didn't exists anymore?

whododat1
06-19-10, 08:43 AM
My other son, who just returned from Afghan, told him he was hearing rumors on Lejeune but before I went in with my son to the recruiter, I was trying to get some confirmation whether this was true or not.

Thanks again

Jarhead6193
06-20-10, 10:14 PM
My son just completed this school at Goodfellew Air Force Base in Texas and is now stationed in Iwokuni Japan for 18 months, so unless the shut down the school in the last month that MOS is still active.

firedog974
06-20-10, 10:48 PM
I promise, it is still active. That is my old MOS, and it will not go anywhere. That rumor has been around for years.

hussaf
06-20-10, 11:54 PM
There are many rumors in the Marine Corps which exist pervasively. There was a rumor going on my first three years in the Marine Corps that, on the day of the Ball, we were going to wake up early as sh*t, hit the Gas Chamber and then do a 12 mile hump. Unfortunately that one came true year 4, lol.

whododat1
06-21-10, 07:28 AM
Thank you for all the responses.