PDA

View Full Version : Infantry bound

jstkiknit
09-15-03, 02:10 PM
anyone with an anser,

I am a poollee who is working hard at becoming an infantry marine. i was able to get over my medical waiver (hardware in my right arm). get over my legal waiver (numerable traffic violations, nothing serious). so in other words i have put all my duck in a row. but now the next chance to go into boot for an infantry MOS will be sometime around febuary. I have a very good ASVAB score so i dont want to risk general enlistment as that will probably land me behind a desk.
So i am asking whether or not there is any way to get a sooner boot date. or do all the recruiters have the same MOS list to fill. any insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

jstkiknit

03Infantry
09-16-03, 09:45 AM
All recruiters have the same MOS list to fill. I was in the DEP for 1year waiting to get Infantry.

jstkiknit
09-23-03, 03:27 PM
I am glad to report that i have been moved up to OCT27.

CrazyBrave83
09-30-03, 08:08 AM
Yeah, you can get an earlier date, but a lot of the time it will make you a no-contract Recruit. Me, I've been in the DEP since April 10th, 2003. I'm going 0300 also, and they gave me a ship date of December 1st. As of now, I'm still shipping Dec.1st, but I've had a few calls asking if I'd like to go earlier, the only problem is they're not for infantry, they're for other jobs. I'm glad to see you were lucky to get infantry on Oct.27th. Good to GO!