PDA

View Full Version : going back into the corps

Daniel Joseph
06-16-10, 12:22 AM
So ive been out of the corps a couple months now and civilian life just isnt cutting it!! i havnt talked to a PSR yet cause im sure its going to be the same thing as talking to a brick wall, lol. I just wanted to know if anyone knew if i would have to do all the meps stuff again like asvab etc. and if i could go back into the corps with a different mos, like a lat move?

Supersquishy
06-16-10, 04:34 AM
Easy....Talk to a PSR. No MEPS for you. If your still in the IRR then its a matter of a few weeks.

usmcgunrock
06-16-10, 06:39 AM
When I did it back in 07 you had to go back threw MEPS and everything. I even had to use a regular recruiter. I also lost my DOR.

TJR1070
06-16-10, 07:17 AM
I don't think you even need a medical within 90 days of your EAS, or at least that was the way it used to be. Also check out opportunities for deployment within the IRR. I believe there is a number you can call to be considered for deployment with current units if there is a need for your MOS.

Daniel Joseph
06-16-10, 08:11 AM
thanks boys

RAPARMER
06-16-10, 08:50 AM
One of my Marines just went back in he had to go back through MEPS and was NON RANKED for a full year before he could get his SGT. but I THINK you can go into another MOS if avalible.

usmc3521
06-16-10, 09:11 AM
if you are still on your irr its a cake walk, no meps(at worst a brief physical at a local reserve command)

if you are out for over 3 years you need an age waiver which is no big deal and of course any tattoo waiver if you have some. Dont sweat it its no big deal. Im going through it right now. Just go to the usmc marforres page and find the psr in your local. S/F and good luck

PS You can stay in your mos if there is an opening at a unit, if not you will have to select another and re train