PDA

View Full Version : Reserve Military Police

CQB0316
06-15-10, 09:42 AM
For the reserve MP's or active duty MPs who know how the reserve guys operate:

What do they usually have reserve MPs doing on drill weekends? Are reserve MPs allowed to get into special assignments ( K-9, SRT, Etc)? Do they have former active duty non-MPs who come over go through MP school or do they do OTJ training?

Powerstroke
06-16-10, 10:03 AM
Reserve MP drill dates usually consist of weapons and field training and PFT's. I know my Unit does atleast. Garrison Is rarely on the sceduel, however this year AT (my first) we will be doing garrison and MP OPS at MCBH. My first drill was a 3 dayer which consisted of field training and rifle qual. Next couple consisted of Pistol quals and PFT's.

-edit- we also do have plenty of latmovers, while in the school house I encountered several E-4's and even some E-5's.
We have numerous follow on schools we can attend, however K-9 is a no go and I'm not entirely sure on SRT so I don't want to give and false information on that note.

Rodogg199
07-17-14, 12:26 PM
I am currently in IRR I plan on latmoving to the mp field. Does anyone know how long the training field school is? Also the closest reserve stations near Georgia are ?

joseywales
07-17-14, 01:43 PM
rather than start ourvery own thread, we bring one up from the dead from four years ago? Wondrous!

Rodogg199
07-17-14, 02:07 PM
If i knew how smart one i would of did that I never used this site before.!

josephd
07-17-14, 02:11 PM
I am currently in IRR I plan on latmoving to the mp field. Does anyone know how long the training field school is? Also the closest reserve stations near Georgia are ?

if your dropping to the reserves, you don't really get to pick any MOS you want. It is just like new guys joining the reserves, you only get to choose from whatever MOS' are available at the unit local to you

Rodogg199
07-17-14, 02:47 PM
I was told by a prior duty recruiter i would be able to retake the ASVAB and switch duties but i need to know where the closest duty stations are for reserves MP

josephd
07-17-14, 02:53 PM
I was told by a prior duty recruiter i would be able to retake the ASVAB and switch duties but i need to know where the closest duty stations are for reserves MP

exactly my point, if there is not an MP unit or detachment near you it is not an option.

Rodogg199
07-17-14, 04:16 PM
That is why i am asking where the closest duty stations are. If any one knows or lives in a state near ga that has an mp duty station?

josephd
07-17-14, 05:33 PM
That is why i am asking where the closest duty stations are. If any one knows or lives in a state near ga that has an mp duty station?

your PSR should be able to answer this....

but there is 3 MP Companies in the reserves...Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie which are in Lexington, KY..Dayton, OH..and Pittsburgh, PA

29palms
07-17-14, 07:53 PM
rather than start ourvery own thread, we bring one up from the dead from four years ago? Wondrous!

Is there an issue with bringing up old threads? Why create more threads to flood the forum when previous threads have answered some questions or left some unanswered that NEW people can benefit from. I don't understand the "pet pee" you and Baker1971 have with this unless I am missing something here.

Rodogg199
08-03-14, 08:37 AM
Thanks but he didn't give me all those cities just pa

Rodogg199
08-03-14, 08:38 AM
Thanks