PDA

View Full Version : Opinion, citizenship for children of illegals

USNAviator
06-14-10, 07:22 PM
Opinion, not a poll

There is a movement to attach a rider to the 14th Amendment. The 14th made it legal for all born here to become citizens

This rider wants to make it illegal for any child born here to be considered a citizen if their parents entered this country illegally. What's going on is that parents are crossing the border, having a child, getting a birth certificate showing a US birth and automatic citizenship for the new born

This leads to all the perks a welfare state can provide

Opinion, should this rider go through?

14th Amendment

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

echo3oscar1833
06-14-10, 07:28 PM
I dunno honestly in my opinion if your Born in the borders of the US, then yes your a legal citizen. My idea would be if your parents are illegals, and you where born here. The parents should be given a chance to become legal, if they don't send them back to where they came from. Then put the kid in foster care. Hell they kid will probably have a better life, food, and education in foster care. Then they would living with there illegal parents, that are living in some projects, or a shack some where. Just my pennies on the matter

usmc3521
06-14-10, 07:42 PM
I say HELL no. If the parents are legal,sure. If the kid is born to illegals on US soil send the little beaner/hatian/whatever back to their "homeland"

Our country is already flooded with these nasty turds who mooch off us and get better beneifts than a Marine who was injured in combat.

My requirements for being a citizen

1. fill out an application for citizenship
2 if the application is accepted and a complete background check ran then proceed
3. The applicant must learn and be able to speak english fluently as their primary language ** if this is goal is not met, citizeship denied**
4.complete rest of citizeship goals as required by the U.S
5. Once all tests passed and citizenship granted the applicant must obtain work, and provide proof to the U.S
6. Lastly a minimum of a 1 year probationary period. If the applicant gets into any kind of legal trouble AT ALL, they will be deported period

sorry if I sound like a d*ck but I HATE illegals. They waste our oxygen and steal from every last tax paying citizen. Obama may have a hard on for extended rights for illegals, gays and terrorists, I sure as hell dont.

Marine1955
06-14-10, 07:47 PM
I dunno honestly in my opinion if your Born in the borders of the US, then yes your a legal citizen. My idea would be if your parents are illegals, and you where born here. The parents should be given a chance to become legal, if they don't send them back to where they came from. Then put the kid in foster care. Hell they kid will probably have a better life, food, and education in foster care. Then they would living with there illegal parents, that are living in some projects, or a shack some where. Just my pennies on the matter

Wrong !!! I see it to many times the mexicans or other nationalities come here just to give birth to there kids. The women come here pregnant. It's just a bunch of bull chit. The children should have to be naturalized just like other citizens of the U. S. have to go through.

So many of these illegal aliens come here so they can bring the rest of therer family. when i moved here to live there weren't hardly any Mexicans living here, mostly the people living here were Vietnamese and Cambodians and other Asians that moved here. So many of these Mexicans come here to live and do not respect the American way. So many of these Mexicans that move your fly the Mexican flag and I have shown a video clip where Mexicans in California to run a Mexican over the American flag. And they think they can take back America for themselves.

Don't get me wrong, if they go through the proper channels and become legal citizens I had no problem with that but the way they come over here sneaking into America burns my butt up. Not only a lot of good Americans lost their jobs because of the Mexicans I lost money because of them. Just because my boss said he could pay them less than what he was paying me just to do the same job.

USNAviator
06-14-10, 07:47 PM
Kris

Thank you for your most Politically Correct response LMOA!!!!! ;)

Dan

usmc3521
06-14-10, 07:58 PM
lol, thanks I try!!:beer:

mcvet57103
06-14-10, 07:59 PM
H*ll NO!!! Any baby born to parents here "Illegally" should be deported along with the parents. And any born from parents here legally, should be citizens of their parents legal country. If being born in a certain country makes you a citizen of that country then how many children born to Americans overseas should not be Americans but Japanese, German, Korean, etc etc? The kid should be considered a citizen of the same country it's parents are a legal citizen of. PERIOD. No EXCEPTIONS. If the kid is abandoned by the parents after birth, it should be shipped to the government of the parents country. I'm sick of my taxes supporting these leaches.

USNAviator
06-14-10, 08:02 PM
[quote=MOS1310;657398

LMOA!!!!! ;)
[/quote]

Not most the "hip" type. Should read LMAO! I guess you could say LMOA could mean Letting Mexicans Overrun America but that wouldn't be politically correct, would it!!! LMAO

yellowwing
06-14-10, 08:06 PM
Support and Defend the Constitution of The United States of America. :thumbup:

To hell with all the self serving politicians just wanting to make noise and get reelected. :thumbdown

slug
06-14-10, 08:10 PM
Fvck no! The mexcrement kids should be treated as illegal as their criminal parents(or parent, for most of them).

I hate this subject, I hate those who exploit us, I hate those who think they have a right to invade this country and rot it from the inside.

Anyone who crosses the border without legal papers are hostile invaders and deserve nothing but to be met with bullets and left to the buzzards.

ameriken
06-14-10, 08:17 PM
This leads to all the perks a welfare state can provide

Giving the children citizenship I can somewhat agree with. But send the parents back to where they came from and let someone adopt the kid.

It's the free welfare benefits that invites losers and freeloaders to come here and have kids.

That needs to end rickytick. :evilgrin:

Integrity57
06-14-10, 08:17 PM
I hate those who think they have a right to invade this country and rot it from the inside.

What the **** do you think most present-day American's ancestors did? We sure as **** weren't the first ones here and we didn't exactly acquire this country through the most kosher business deals. I agree that we certainly don't need more illegal immigrants in our country and that we shouldn't have to pay for their insurance but damn, let's not forget our history people.

mcvet57103
06-14-10, 08:31 PM
What the **** do you think most present-day American's ancestors did? We sure as **** weren't the first ones here and we didn't exactly acquire this country through the most kosher business deals. I agree that we certainly don't need more illegal immigrants in our country and that we shouldn't have to pay for their insurance but damn, let's not forget our history people.How far ya want history to be recognised? The indians imigrated from Russia over a land bridge. So technically no-one is a true native. That is a fact. I am so tired of people saying we have no right to say who comes here, and throws the " European imigrant" BS out there as defense of their position. I am an American by virtue of the fact that the ocupying race at the time my ancesters came here, could not, did not, and/or would not defend what they claimed was their country. To the victor go the spoils. We let the illegals infest this country then we are done as a country. :evilgrin:

USNAviator
06-14-10, 08:35 PM
Gentleman

We're off point here. The question deals with a possible change to the 14th Amendment.

Should citizenship be denied to children born to illegals??

I'm a first generation American. Both my parents were from Canada. Both entered this country legally, both had Green Cards both became citizens. They did the right thing. Sad it's not happening today

usmc3521
06-14-10, 08:39 PM
why would we want to ship the parents and keep the kid so he/she can be adopted?? F*UCK that, we have enough american kids that are up for adoption and they sit and rot. Screw bringing illegal babies here and putting them up for adoption. OUR US BORN LEGAL KIDS NEED ALL THE HELP THEY CAN GET TO GET ADOPTED AND DO NOT NEED SOME WET BACK'S KID TAKING AWAY THERE CHANCE BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE MAY THINK BROWN IS CUTE

USMCM38A1
06-14-10, 08:56 PM
ship them all they aren't supposed to be here in the first place.I am tired of the ILLEGAL alien question they are "ILLEGAL"If you come here apply and become a citizen then more power to you otherwise hit the door.

Integrity57
06-14-10, 09:27 PM
Don't mean to meander further off topic Commander but to hopefully answer MCVet's first post about kids being born in other countries; I am a Naturalized American citizen, I was born to American citizens in the UK and naturalized when my family returned to America, but before that I was considered a British national and I imagine it's much the same thing with the children American parents in other countries.

USNAviator
06-14-10, 09:38 PM
Don't mean to meander further off topic Commander but to hopefully answer MCVet's first post about kids being born in other countries; I am a Naturalized American citizen, I was born to American citizens in the UK and naturalized when my family returned to America, but before that I was considered a British national and I imagine it's much the same thing with the children American parents in other countries.

No problem with me. That's your story and opinion. It should be respected. If someone disagrees, then he or she has the right to do so.

Dan

DocGreek
06-14-10, 10:35 PM
:evilgrin:....NONE of this discussion belongs in "The Open Squad Bay"!!!.....it should be sent to the POLITICAL FORUM....EH????....:evilgrin:

echo3oscar1833
06-14-10, 10:48 PM
No problem with me. That's your story and opinion. It should be respected. If someone disagrees, then he or she has the right to do so.

Dan

I agree everyone is entitled to there own opinion, just like a couple of people didn't agree with what I said on the topic. It is what it is, where all still Marines!! Semper!:D

Marine1955
06-14-10, 11:20 PM
Yes they should be denied.!! Bottom line they should have to go through the same processes everybody else does!

osborned
06-15-10, 12:38 AM
why would we want to ship the parents and keep the kid so he/she can be adopted?? F*UCK that, we have enough american kids that are up for adoption and they sit and rot. Screw bringing illegal babies here and putting them up for adoption. OUR US BORN LEGAL KIDS NEED ALL THE HELP THEY CAN GET TO GET ADOPTED AND DO NOT NEED SOME WET BACK'S KID TAKING AWAY THERE CHANCE BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE MAY THINK BROWN IS CUTE

Okay wow, gonna have to stop you there. I married a Mexican girl I went to high school with (married 5 years this month), whose parents are naturalized citizens. Her father worked on a ranch owned by a rich landowner for several years on a legit work visa, and the man was impressed enough with his efforts to help him get naturalized. He got his citizenship in the early nineties, and is now one of the wealthiest and most successful businessmen in Oklahoma, all through his own hard work. He lives in a million-dollar house in a gated community that he designed and built himself, with the help of the framing company he owns and the support of the many builders he works with. Most of his workers are immigrants, and one of the first thing he does when he hires them is check for legal status, in accordance with current Oklahoma law. If they can't work he makes sure they can get the proper paperwork to do so, helping them and their families get on their feet in America. This man is the ideal immigrant.

It could be argued that he and other hard-working immigrants like him are exceptions to the rule, but the attitude that every Mexican who enters America is "after our jobs" is paranoid and wrong.

To close this comment, how about we finish this conversation without any more racial slurs?

SlingerDun
06-15-10, 12:43 AM
It's gets murky as time passes and about the only thing separates some illegals from domestics is citizenship. Especially wets and scratch-backs who have a semi or permanent mailing address a thousand or more miles north of the border. Full time (illegal) employment, taxes withheld, bank account, drivers license(?) utility bills, kids in elementary/high school/college who also may participate in community programs.

Yes to denied automatic citizenship, if you catch and "tag" the children young enough, and i don't know at what age or time lapse that would be.

I do know illegal ranch and farm hands who have teen age kids and older who were born in the NW and really wouldn't know how to handle being gathered up and dropped off at the border. I suppose they would just finagle their way home again

--->Dave

USMCM38A1
06-15-10, 12:56 AM
Osborned I have great respect for your father in law because he did it the right way.He is a legitimate Citizen.It is the ones that just stay here no work visa and live off government and collect illegal paychecks that I have a problem with.

usmc3521
06-15-10, 08:16 AM
illegal is illegal period, doesnt matter what the skin color is. That being said 80% of illegals are mexican! So to you that are trying to be politically correct F*UCK THAT, send those wet backs home.

YOU go stand in at job and family services and watch them hand out benefits to these disgusting bilge rats before they would even consider giving the same benefits to a tax paying down on his luck american citizen. This goes on everyday and is disgusting, please dispute that. Im waiting.

gwamo1
06-15-10, 10:09 AM
People always try to bring the fact that we took this land over from the indians. Who cares? We came in, kicked azz and took over. They lost the fight. We won, took the land.

AA87
06-15-10, 12:16 PM
Actually, it's 57%. If you hate Mexicans, that's something else entirely, but get your facts straight about immigration. <br />
<br />
And as for standing in line at job and family services, my father was...

WXSgt
06-15-10, 12:26 PM
Ok here is a kicker. have any of you hear of "fruits of the poison tree"? It is a clause making anything gained from illegal actions illegal or inadmissable in courts and such. say someone illegally searches your car and finds drugs, they can not then arrest you for said drugs. then technically if they gained citizenship through illegal means doesnt that make them not a citizen already?

Now for my opinion. if the kid was born here and made a life i do not think that they should be booted for their parents wrong doing. I am against illegal immigation but do not think the children should be punished for sins of the father so to speak. but I do think that those adult children born here in the US should not be able to petition for their parents immigration. that would be my only stipulation. This also goes to the point you dont want to split up families. if the child is now an adult (18+) and can live on their own allow them to stay. i know this brings up other issues with younger kids still in school.

Zulu 36
06-15-10, 01:49 PM
Illegal is illegal is illegal, including progeny.

WXSgt
06-15-10, 01:50 PM
right as i said but its shady also cuz of the sins of the father thing you know?

usmc3521
06-15-10, 02:01 PM
57% where did you get that figure? One of my closest friends with ICE. Your figure is off. Let me guess you voted for obama too.

usmc3521
06-15-10, 02:03 PM
and secondly my mother works at our J&amp;FS and is in charge on case work and benefits. So I know what really goes on <br />
<br />
If you have such a &quot;hard on&quot; for illegals go cross the border to your favorite...

gwamo1
06-15-10, 02:32 PM
In 30-50 years, "they" will "win" and take "our" land.

You can't shoot them, you can't build that illustrious electric border fence, you can't do anything but write your congressman and **** and moan on an internet forum in impotent rage.

Kinda makes you feel like a Native American picking at his smallpox sores wondering where you're going to be living next year when the paleface and his boomstick makes you leave, don't it?

Wrong. People like Governor Jan Brewer are helping put an end to this non-sense. Paleface with his boomstick haha. Good one. Not my fault they were too busy doing raindances to invent some better weapons than the bow and arrow. :banana:

SlingerDun
06-15-10, 02:47 PM
Yup The Doc Greek is correct, Commander

:evilgrin:....NONE of this discussion belongs in "The Open Squad Bay"!!!.....it should be sent to the POLITICAL FORUM....EH????....:evilgrin:

USNAviator
06-15-10, 05:00 PM
Gentleman

I've requested this thread be given the deep six. My suggestion is to declare victory and depart the field. There is no use saying anything further that may result in your being banned or worse by one of the Mods. It's simply not worth it.

Dan

Sgt Leprechaun
06-15-10, 05:49 PM
Done, at the request of the thread starter