PDA

View Full Version : Old friend

WXSgt
06-14-10, 01:29 PM
Well i just had this SSgt come walking into my shop trying to find a certain building he was just checking in. Looking at him i knew i knew him from somewhere. He looked at me and was like where do i know you from? i was like iwakuni miramar? and he said no then asked the usual boot camp questions and turns out he was my boot camp guide! he just got off the drill field and was coming back over here. small world we live in. and here i am just got Sgt back in dec and hes been a SSgt for a while lol. we didnt talk much he had to do some running around but never thought id see anyone again considering most of them have gotten out by now.

Rocky C
06-14-10, 02:01 PM
NICE!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Danny C Smith
06-14-10, 05:07 PM
That is great.
Really good to meet Marines you haven't seen in forever.
Once, when at Pendleton, I was standing at a phone station.
yeah, a long time ago.
I was waiting for a phone to be free and I was standing behind
this big Marine in cammo utilities. He looked very familiar for
some reason but I couldn't peg him.
He hung the phone up and turned around and looked me
dead in the eyes and said. Smmmiiith. With an evil grin.
I dang near pizzed my trousers.
Of all people in the world.
My Senior Drill Instructor.
He proceded to shake my hand, said good job Smitty
and walked away.

gkmoz
06-14-10, 05:27 PM
Yeah, something like that happened to me at the big PX at Pendleton back in 1969. I ran into my senior drill instructor. SSGT Vallancourt we exchanged a few words and we went on our separate ways. No hard feelings ! :D

echo3oscar1833
06-14-10, 05:56 PM
Thats cool, man I keep in touch with two of the guys I went to boot with. Were all three out now, and live about two hours from each other.

mcvet57103
06-14-10, 06:18 PM
Cool story.:thumbup: Made me wander, what percentage of Boot Camp platoon graduates make the Marines more than their first enlistment. I only met one of my former platoon mates outside of bootcamp in my four years. And that was on Oki. Anyone know the odds of someone re-enlisting, and even making it a career? And the odds of running into one of them after re-enlistment? I 've been hoping to run into one of my platoon mates here, but no luck so far. SF

WXSgt
06-15-10, 10:49 AM
I dont know but im at 7 years now and hes the only one ive seen thats still in. Another I've seen is out now but i went to high school with him and joined with the guy thats out now so i have a reason to keep in touch with him,