PDA

View Full Version : my CO interview went.........

usmc3521
06-13-10, 01:15 PM
FRICKIN OUTSTANDING!! The Sgt Major (Sgt Maj Laarman) was my drill instructor from boot camp lol! He was awesome! The first thing they told me was how they reviewed my case and stated they 150% want me on board. The Sgt Maj also said I will be his personal project! He said with my experience and knowledge that he will give me every tool to gain rank quick. I then met the Lt COl and he was the same way. They really made me feel like I was at home and both expressed that they want me there and they will see me soon! The CO is giving all the paperwork to my PSR and thats it! I should be drilling within a month!

The Sgt Maj also rides motocross and so do his kids so he wants to come and ride some of the tracks with me, I have to re do his suspension though because it all messed up!

Semper FI Marines, after 10 years I am back and ready to do what I was made to do!!

Marine1955
06-13-10, 01:48 PM
Good Luck and hope things go really well for you. Semper Fi.

Vandrel
06-13-10, 01:53 PM
Congrats!

Rocky C
06-13-10, 02:07 PM
OUTSTANDING NEWS Kris!!!

Good Luck Brother.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Lisa 23
06-13-10, 02:17 PM
OUTSTANDING NEWS!

Best of luck to you...and SEMPER FI! :usmc:

tdrt
06-13-10, 02:41 PM
That is so awesome, Kris! Big congrats!!!

double b
06-13-10, 03:01 PM
good luck

Osotogary
06-13-10, 04:48 PM
motox151,
Doing what you were meant to do and LIKING IT is the key. Congratulations to you and all those who guided, taught and encouraged you along the way. Pass on my best to one and all.
Gary

ritter
06-13-10, 05:26 PM
If I completely understand what you are saying, the unit you're trying to join is all for you coming back in? Don't get to excited about coming back in until you are actually physically at drill. Not to be an a$$ but just because the unit signs off your paper work, and gives it to your psr doesn't mean a whole lot it still needs to go to Head Quarters Marine Corps which could take up to a year to get approved. That's how long it took for my stuff to get approved and that was with my current unit calling and screaming at Marines on the recruiting side because they are slower than molasses, plus I had to threaten them with a congressional inquiry to get the recruiting side to do anything. There was a guy who was going through the process with me who had also been out for about ten years, and it took him a long time to get back in also.

usmc3521
06-13-10, 05:48 PM
thanks everyone! <br />
<br />
ritter I know exactly what you mean, BUT I have a TON of brass on my side including some Marines in charge of the approval process all the way up at HQ To ERR (PI) My case is...

ritter
06-13-10, 05:58 PM
I hope the best for you!

USNAviator
06-13-10, 06:06 PM
Kris <br />
<br />
Hoping all works out for you!! Also hope you can stay in and do your 20, nothing like it!! <br />
<br />
Best of luck

usmc3521
06-13-10, 07:32 PM
thanks! Yes my plan is to stay in and try and go active( I know that could take a LONG time with how full the Corps is now) but once I am back in Im not getting out!:usmc:

USNAviator
06-13-10, 07:46 PM
thanks! Yes my plan is to stay in and try and go active( I know that could take a LONG time with how full the Corps is now) but once I am back in Im not getting out!:usmc:

It's all worth it down the line. Especially when that Eagle shows up with your retired pay every month!. Hell, you can on and do another career and not have to worry about how you are going to meet your obligations. Plus there is TriCare!!

Good luck!!

doesitmatter
06-21-10, 09:49 AM
what the hell are you coming back in for? didnt you hear? the war will be over by the time you get to the fleet. you missed your chance bro.

usmc3521
06-21-10, 12:04 PM
I dont know you so I have no idea if you are sarcastic or not. So why the hell do I want to come back in? Simple, I am a Marine. I do not feel complete if I am not in uniform serving. I could care less about missing out on a chance to deploy. If I go to combat GTG if not I can still be a productive and effective Marine stateside. :usmc:

doesitmatter
06-21-10, 12:10 PM
well its obvious you dont care about deploying but thats what i joined for. iraq is done and afghanistan will be done starting 2011. i dont get why some people get all moto about the corps when they dont know anything about it. we are a group of warfights and if you are not in it to fight wars, what the hell are you doing here?

echo3oscar1833
06-21-10, 12:25 PM
well its obvious you dont care about deploying but thats what i joined for. iraq is done and afghanistan will be done starting 2011. i dont get why some people get all moto about the corps when they dont know anything about it. we are a group of warfights and if you are not in it to fight wars, what the hell are you doing here?

Are you serious, what do you know about the Corps? Enlighten us I would love to hear your explanation?

usmc3521
06-21-10, 12:25 PM
obviously you have much experience as an E1 who has been in since 2005. POSER

usmc3521
06-21-10, 12:26 PM
I think this is that tool bag aa87 that was causing s*hit last week

doesitmatter
06-21-10, 12:41 PM
not aa87. im new to this site. i practice good opsec so i dont put my personal info on the internet. i also dont post up pictures on myself drinking and acting like a kid either. i will tell you i am a sergeant. i am finishing up my 1st 5 year enlistment and i spent a year in afghanistan. the stuff i am talking about cant be taught in boot or explained on some lame internet forum. i am sure all the combat vets on this site know what i am talking about. i dont think you can understand the marine corps fully until you have been to the gates of hell and made it back with your brothers. hopefully you will see.

doesitmatter
06-21-10, 12:43 PM
Are you serious, what do you know about the Corps? Enlighten us I would love to hear your explanation?

nice MUC, pizzabox.

echo3oscar1833
06-21-10, 01:10 PM
nice MUC, pizzabox.

Thanks I appreciate the immature comment, anyway dude I'm just saying you come on here, and bash on another Marine because he is going to miss his shot at deploying. So he must not no shi$ about the Marine Corps? I can respect your combat service, but as a person I don't have to respect anything else about you, and trust me your not going to get it either. So let me get this straight your saying all the Marines that served during peace time, like my Dad, and thousands of others don't know anything about the Corps.

doesitmatter
06-21-10, 01:19 PM
thats not exactly what i am saying. but close. if youre not in the fleet deploying what is there to be proud about? that you suffered through that cake walk they call boot camp? 12 weeks? give me a break. youre playing dress up.

echo3oscar1833
06-21-10, 01:23 PM
thats not exactly what i am saying. but close. if youre not in the fleet deploying what is there to be proud about? that you suffered through that cake walk they call boot camp? 12 weeks? give me a break. youre playing dress up.

Sent you a PM bro, don't want to get in trouble with the Mods!!:nerd:

doesitmatter
06-21-10, 01:28 PM
yeah i hear they rule this site with an iron fist.

rb1651
06-21-10, 01:32 PM
Combat or support, as your handle says, doesitmatter? A Marine is a Marine once he's earned the title.

GR037
06-21-10, 01:37 PM
Congrats bro...just went through this entire process a few months ago, so let me know if you have any ?'s...

usmc3521
06-21-10, 01:38 PM
HAHAH THIS POSER CRACKS ME UP. You act like an UNSAT boot. If you truly were a Sgt of Marines you would have a little bit more discipline. Your ignorant comments show your immaturity. Man, you must be the only Marine to ever go through combat, wow you truly are a BAD A**

Go away turd.............

usmc3521
06-21-10, 01:40 PM
Congrats bro...just went through this entire process a few months ago, so let me know if you have any ?'s...

Thanks! Yeah just a couple brother. According to my recruiter he says once my tat waiver comes back, he then sends out the age waiver(out over 3 years) once that comes back he types up my re enlistment then I choose my location to take the oath again. That sound about right?

Wyoming
06-21-10, 01:41 PM
]thats not exactly what i am saying. but close. if youre not in the fleet deploying what is there to be proud about? that you suffered through that cake walk they call boot camp? 12 weeks? give me a break. youre playing dress up.

Say what!!!!

doesitmatter
06-21-10, 01:47 PM
thanks moto but im not a bad ass. i sure have served with some. have fun going around begging to get back in my corps. they are cutting us down a bunch so dont be shocked if they dont let you back in. even as a private (what a joke). my question for you is why wait 9 years? i see you got out before 9/11. i get that but why wait until we are almost done fighting to man back up? i mean you look like you are in shape and fit for duty. hopefully you get in. i really hope you do. i mean you have been sporting that high and tight for the last decade pretending to be me. i bet you tell a mean war story! i would like to hear some of them sometime. especially the ones about the reserves. maybe if you get in before i get out (hurry you got about 65 days!) you can come by and tell me some stories.....while standing at parade rest of course.

usmc3521
06-21-10, 01:52 PM
man you got jokes. You are one motivated keyboard artist lol

doesitmatter
06-21-10, 01:56 PM
sweet you finally get it.

SlingerDun
06-21-10, 03:08 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Rattlesnake93/troll-web1asd.jpg

SlingerDun
06-21-10, 03:09 PM
Good Luck Motox, and don't forget to stretch before and after PT, old timer:marine:

--->Dave

usmc3521
06-21-10, 03:24 PM
Good Luck Motox, and don't forget to stretch before and after PT, old timer:marine:

--->Dave

thats for sure brother!!! Im dealing with these shin splints now!!

usmc3521
06-21-10, 03:46 PM
now that I take a look back at the posts by this "troll" I think I know who it is and why they did it S/F Sgt

Big Jim
06-21-10, 04:09 PM

MAN......ARE YOU FRIKKIN SERIOUS.....??? WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT....??? If you asked this in a MARINE forum.....that makes me question if YOU'RE really a Marine.....!!

If you truly mean this statement....you just insulted EVERY Marine...deployed or not. I'm not going to even try and explain integrity and honor to you...!!

:mad:

usmc3521
06-21-10, 04:12 PM
dont get all irate Marines, I have a good idea of who this is and why they did it, and its a test. Its not someone being "real"

Rocky C
06-21-10, 05:25 PM
Kris,
Who is this Poster???
Someone you know???

Semper Fi,
Rocky

usmc3521
06-21-10, 05:59 PM
Im thinking its SGT Lep.......just my guess by reading through the posts and how he said things. Also the user name "doesitmatter" as in how some ppl said does it matter that some nasty civilian was talking trash in the other thread where I called out that turd aa87

This is just my guess though........:marine:

doesitmatter
06-21-10, 06:38 PM
nope wrong keep guessing

usmc3521
06-21-10, 06:50 PM
FAIL:thumbdown lol