PDA

View Full Version : PLC Program

Shadowstar
06-13-10, 06:04 AM
MY son has wanted to become a Marine since he was 12 years old, he is in his Jr year of college and just returned from his 3rd week at PLC, he dropped out.
He had second thoughts and the instructor told him to drop out. He really didn't want to, can he reapply to OCS? He was told he can't reapply to PLC

USNAviator
06-13-10, 08:42 AM
MY son has wanted to become a Marine since he was 12 years old, he is in his Jr year of college and just returned from his 3rd week at PLC, he dropped out.
He had second thoughts and the instructor told him to drop out. He really didn't want to, can he reapply to OCS? He was told he can't reapply to PLC

Dropping out of PLC is not uncommon. If told he can't reapply then he can't reapply. Question, is he a rising senior or junior? Just curious!

OCS is not out of the question but they will look at his past behavior i.e. PLC. He'll be competing against very strong, motivated candidates. He'll need to rethink why he wants to be a Marine Officer

Bottom line, all he can do is apply to OCS and see where he stands but he better be squared away this time, it's his last chance

slug
06-13-10, 08:56 AM
It's not like you say it once that you wish to quit and poof you're out.

He quit. He made the conscious decision to quit on himself and stuck with it long enough to be dropped. PLC is easy enough, if he can't make it through more than 3 weeks, don't bother reapplying.

Good luck finding a civi job.