PDA

View Full Version : Composite score calculation troubles.

LoganXusmc
06-11-10, 07:22 PM
Im having trouble figuring out my composite score without using MOL's broken calculator. Mind you i thought i knew how. OK so here is my dilemma all my points added together comes to a 1660 computed through June 30 2010, but IPAC here at 3/5 and MOL says Official score: 1717. I did all the math by hand and it came to a 1660, Ive gone over it many times with Ipac to ensure it wasn't messed up. And they told me its a 1717. I don't mind having the higher score, I just want to know where these extra 57 "ghost" points came from. I added my GMP, Pros/Cons, TIS/TIG, MCI's, and re-enlistment points up to a grand total of 1660. Can anyone explain these ghost points?

LoganXusmc
06-11-10, 10:44 PM
No one has any idea???

thezero
06-11-10, 11:01 PM
Google Composite Score calculator or cutting score calculator. I found one the other day when I was looking up what I need to pick up for Cpl/Sgt once I finish all this damn schooling.

Edit: I'll look real quick and see if I can find it even though they are rough calculators

thezero
06-11-10, 11:08 PM
http://www.google.com/search?q=composite+score+calculator&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
I used the the 5th link down, it is a Excel sheet. I would have edited my above post but either my laptop or internet is effed up so hope this helps Cpl

LoganXusmc
06-12-10, 12:16 AM
Thanks Marine i have the same one and i figured it out. MOL was counting my TIG, but had my TIS as 50 months, this puts me at 4 years 2 months, Ive been in 5 years. so do the math....1717. It was a stupid error and im annoyed i didn't catch it.

LoganXusmc
06-12-10, 12:19 AM
The best thing you can do early to pick up is get your PFT/CFT as high as you can. and do MCI's, ensure you do Leading marines, Personal financial management, and terrorism awareness. Then do whatever 4 after that. 7=100 points as you should know. If you have any questions let me know, im good on cutting scores for a guy in a Victor unit. I just had this error.