PDA

View Full Version : Colonel’s Wife Accused of Harassing Soldiers

echo3oscar1833
06-11-10, 11:54 AM
I know this is Army, but I wanted to post it anyway. I'm glad the Ft. Bragg Commander barred this Colonels wife. Anyone ever run into this kinda thing when they where in the Corps. I know I did on occasion, always ticked me off. Wifes who think they have power because there husband has some brass.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/fe006ae2f86345de8eb66f51cef2e085/NC--Bragg-Colonels_Wife/

Vandrel
06-11-10, 12:29 PM
Now that's priceless

gwamo1
06-11-10, 12:33 PM
And this is why why job is great. Spouses come in all the time trying to tell me stuff and whatnot, and it just never works out in their favor. POWERLESS!!!!

Zulu 36
06-11-10, 12:36 PM
I know this is Army, but I wanted to post it anyway. I'm glad the Ft. Bragg Commander barred this Colonels wife. Anyone ever run into this kinda thing when they where in the Corps. I know I did on occasion, always ticked me off. Wifes who think they have power because there husband has some brass.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/fe006ae2f86345de8eb66f51cef2e085/NC--Bragg-Colonels_Wife/

Years ago I read a cute story in the Reader's Digest Humor in Uniform segment.

A new 2d Lt's young wife was attending one of those military wives things for the first time. She was surrounded by women saying, "Oh, my husband is colonel so-and-so," or "Major so-and so." Etc.

She was looking rather lost when the general's wife pulled her aside and was chatting with her and asked why she looked so sad and lost. The young woman told her.

The general's wife told her, "The next time one of those old biddies tells you their husband is a colonel or something, you just reply, "My husband is 23-years old."

AAV Crewchief
06-11-10, 12:41 PM

Not in the Corps, but since I've been activated so many times in the Air Force Reserves, yes....a bit.

echo3oscar1833
06-11-10, 12:53 PM
Wonder if the Base Commander told her to STFU haha!!! :D

kenrobg30
06-11-10, 01:04 PM
That is called 'The Pecking Order'. Unfortunatly there are those types, in every branch of service. I have always hoped that they were few and far between. With a wife like that one, I have to wonder, Does that Col. live up to his name?? Just a thought. :beer: S/F!!! Ken

Wyoming
06-11-10, 01:23 PM
I'd do her.

oldtop
06-11-10, 01:54 PM
In 1987, I was on convalescent leave after having major reconstructive knee surgery. The day I was released from the hospital (Keesler AFB, Biloxi MS, closest Orthopedic surgeon available to NAS Dallas, my duty station at the time) I went to the base PX to pick up a few necessities. I was on crutches, with my right leg in a full cast from crotch to ankle. A old biddy came up behind me and hit me with her shopping cart. I turned and said " excuse me, I'll get out of your way as fast as I can, can't you see I'm on crutches"? This bi%ch says back ( as she pulls back her shopping cart and prepares to ram it forward to hit me again) "you get out of my way...MY HUSBAND is a retired COLONEL in the AIR FORCE...and you better get out of my way or I'll hit you again"!!! Never having been known for having a "slow blow" fuze, or "excessive amounts of tact" under certain circumstances, I looked her straight in the eyes and told her " yeah *****, and I'm an Active Duty United States Marine, and if you hit me with that cart again, I'm gonna shove it straight up your skinny ass"!!! She got this totally horrified look on her wrinkled sour old puss, and immediate turned aroung and disappeared up another isle...left her cart right where it was and disappeared, LOL...I finished my shopping and went home...never saw her again.

tdrt
06-11-10, 02:00 PM
I would have smacked her with a crutch.

oldtop
06-11-10, 03:08 PM
I would have smacked her with a crutch.

If I had thought for one minute that I'd have been able to maintain my balance (first time in my life, first day even, on crutches), but I was having enough problems not falling on my face as it was, I'd have done just that! Talk about pizzed....I could have spit nails, expecially after she mouthed off and was getting ready to hit me again...

USNAviator
06-11-10, 03:12 PM
Col. Drinkwine??? Yes with a wife like than I'm sure he does, quite frequently and in large quantity

tdrt
06-11-10, 03:15 PM
If I had thought for one minute that I'd have been able to maintain my balance (first time in my life, first day even, on crutches), but I was having enough problems not falling on my face as it was, I'd have done just that! Talk about pizzed....I could have spit nails, expecially after she mouthed off and was getting ready to hit me again...

Understood. It is completely unfathomable to me why anyone would do that to someone else -- especially someone obviously on crutches.

The old bat's probably dead now so she'll have to answer for her "Christian" behavior.

WXSgt
06-11-10, 03:22 PM
On one of the bases my MOS school instructor had been there was a section in the base paper where the base CO would reply to letters written by people on the base. One officers wife wrote to him about the lack of respect from the base sentries. She had come through the gate showed a dependants ID and they refused to salute her. She then went on to ramble how she worked hard for him to be an officer and she deserved to be saluted and respected for it. The base CO then replied to the wife in the base news paper "Excuse me ma'am let me get some oats for the high horse your riding" and then went on to tell her they owed her nothing and that she needed to get off her high horse. My instructor was Air force by the way.

ssgtt32
06-11-10, 03:27 PM
That is called 'The Pecking Order'. Unfortunatly there are those types, in every branch of service. I have always hoped that they were few and far between. With a wife like that one, I have to wonder, Does that Col. live up to his name?? Just a thought. :beer: S/F!!! Ken

Maybe it should be Drinkwhiskey! :beer:

Maurice

tdrt
06-11-10, 03:28 PM
On one of the bases my MOS school instructor had been there was a section in the base paper where the base CO would reply to letters written by people on the base. One officers wife wrote to him about the lack of respect from the base sentries. She had come through the gate showed a dependants ID and they refused to salute her. She then went on to ramble how she worked hard for him to be an officer and she deserved to be saluted and respected for it. The base CO then replied to the wife in the base news paper "Excuse me ma'am let me get some oats for the high horse your riding" and then went on to tell her they owed her nothing and that she needed to get off her high horse. My instructor was Air force by the way.

Nice.

I never had any problems with any of my CO's wives. My XO's wife & I actually became good friends. I do remember 1 or 2 of the Captain's wives having a bar or two stuck up their ass, but I just laughed in their face and walked away. No biggie. Only ran into a Corporal's wife with a rank issue. Again, just told her to shut the f*ck up.

(I got away with a lot of sh!t - LOL)

WXSgt
06-11-10, 03:41 PM
When i had first gotten to Iwakuni i heard kids talking bout their "daddies." "my daddies a sgt maj hell tell your daddy what to do" then the other responded ohh ya my daddy is a msgt hell kick your daddy's butt." word for word even the kids have that problem

Kegler300
06-11-10, 03:44 PM
Those wives who pull rank...my wife's been pulling rank on me since we got married...(;

Zulu 36
06-11-10, 03:44 PM

When I was in the Corps, it was SOP for gate sentries to salute ALL officer decaled vehicles (regardless of occupant) and ALL unaccompanied females (except enlisted females in uniform). In practice a lot of teenagers driving Daddy's car with the blue sticker got ignored, but not adults.

In the Air Force, it was SOP to salute officer decaled vehicles unless the sentry knew the occupants were not officers. When I worked gates in the Air Guard, I had a really tough time breaking the Marine Corps habits. I even saluted, several times, the unaccompanied female with an enlisted Coast Guard decal who later became my wife. She remembered too.

tdrt
06-11-10, 03:47 PM
I got saluted while in uniform alot by MPs at the gates -- in and out of uniform. Thought it was very nice and respectful.

Kegler300
06-11-10, 03:49 PM
When I was in the Corps, it was SOP for gate sentries to salute ALL officer decaled vehicles (regardless of occupant) and ALL unaccompanied females (except enlisted females in uniform). In practice a lot of teenagers driving Daddy's car with the blue sticker got ignored, but not adults.

In the Air Force, it was SOP to salute officer decaled vehicles unless the sentry knew the occupants were not officers. When I worked gates in the Air Guard, I had a really tough time breaking the Marine Corps habits. I even saluted, several times, the unaccompanied female with an enlisted Coast Guard decal who later became my wife. She remembered too.

I always hated saluting the blue decal, especially when you realized after the salute that is was the wife, son, or daughter driving the vehicle...

Wyoming
06-11-10, 03:49 PM
I got saluted while in uniform alot by MPs at the gates -- in and out of uniform. Thought it was very nice and respectful.

Troy, you take off that uniform for me, and I'll show you a salute.:cool:

tdrt
06-11-10, 03:53 PM
ya know, after I posted I that I thought, oh holy hell, I just opened the door wide open, didn't I?

And oh, ya, the best "saluting" was done out of uniform. ;)

SlingerDun
06-11-10, 04:46 PM
&quot;One of Drinkwine's battalion commanders, Lt. Col Frank Jenio, said Leslie Drinkwine threatened to have him fired during a heated phone conversation last year. <br />
Jenio, who was in charge of 800 troops...

temarti
06-11-10, 05:05 PM
We were at a Company picnic at Onslow when my wife, who happens to be Japanese had her first encounter with the CO's wife. Now my wife is not even close to the stereotype, speaks four languages and gives her opinion when needed. Mrs. Anderson came up started talking to her in a "childish" tone, when Michi asked her name, she said, "call me Mrs. Anderson I am the wife of the Capt. Anderson."... a pause and Michi said "you can call me Mrs. Martin, I am the wife of Cpl. Martin." and walked away.

tdrt
06-11-10, 05:24 PM
We were at a Company picnic at Onslow when my wife, who happens to be Japanese had her first encounter with the CO's wife. Now my wife is not even close to the stereotype, speaks four languages and gives her opinion when needed. Mrs. Anderson came up started talking to her in a "childish" tone, when Michi asked her name, she said, "call me Mrs. Anderson I am the wife of the Capt. Anderson."... a pause and Michi said "you can call me Mrs. Martin, I am the wife of Cpl. Martin." and walked away.

Good for her! Sass and class -- deadly combination!

temarti
06-11-10, 05:30 PM
Good for her! Sass and class -- deadly combination!

That is her to a tee, I can see the same personality in our daughter.

kenrobg30
06-12-10, 09:26 AM
Those wives who pull rank...my wife's been pulling rank on me since we got married...(;

Only one thing you can do Top. Have another drink :banana: S/F!!! Ken

Zulu 36
06-12-10, 10:14 AM
My ex was a Yeoman 1st Class in the Coast Guard and she had no problems whatsoever being the alpha b*tch when necessary at work (or at home for that matter).

Our lovely oldest daughter, now a SSgt in the Air Force Reserves, seems to have inherited her mother's alpha b*tch genes (also when necessary).

But they had/have those ranks in their own right. You can deal with that.