PDA

View Full Version : How Likely is this?

Lynn2
06-11-10, 07:49 AM
Someone completes an enlistment. Becomes a non-drilling non-uniform wearing civilian.

10 months after they took off the uniform for the last time they open the mail and find the Corps has just promoted them to E-6.

Very likely? Likely? Happens now and then? You have got to be ****tying me?

USNAviator
06-11-10, 07:57 AM
Someone completes an enlistment. Becomes a non-drilling non-uniform wearing civilian.

10 months after they took off the uniform for the last time they open the mail and find the Corps has just promoted them to E-6.

Very likely? Likely? Happens now and then? You have got to be ****tying me?

Did that happen in a four year period? I've heard of such a thing ;)

Meserole08orah
06-11-10, 08:30 AM
he/she might have been on a board and selected before that Marine got out.

Lynn2
06-11-10, 08:32 AM
Did that happen in a four year period? I've heard of such a thing ;)

Less than 5 years for sure.

tdrt
06-11-10, 08:40 AM
I'll have to recheck the dates to be sure, but I know I got my Staff warrant a couple months after I got out. Shocked the hell out of me. If I would have known, I would have stayed in the Reserves at least.

doverite06
06-11-10, 08:44 AM
Lynn2: Do you want to see the promotion warrant? Give me a place and a way to send it and I'll post the warrant AND the "internal" directive notifying the reserve command. You're disappointing me Lynn2. I didn't think you were going to be that kind. If you want to come at me, do it. I don't read all the forums on this site, just the one I posted so I just happened to come across this one this morning while searching for a message someone else sent me. You've had your say, now why don't you just let it lie. I don't know how to put up an attachment on this forum. If there is a way, let me know and I'll put it out there for you to see.

Meserole09orah: Damn right. 19 months in grade as an E-5 when I was released from Active Duty. Likely I was already on the list. Remember, your "obligation" is six years. I served four active and then had two inactive reserves after that so technically I was still in the Corps?

doverite06
06-11-10, 09:04 AM
tdrt: Total suprise to me too. I didn't know you could get promoted when you got out. In fact, after I got the letter, I called the locaton where I was supposed to go an pick up the warrant and the desk Sergeant couldn't believe it either. He said, no body gets promoted after they get out. I told him I have the letter right here with me and that's when we set a date for me to bring it in and let him see it. That happended to be May 2, 1969. The warrant was dated May 1, 1969....same date I received the "other" suprises (Lynn2)

Meserole08orah
06-11-10, 09:39 AM
Well idk what it wa slike back then but once you do your 4 years and go to reserve you do not get promoted anymore from what my Gunny just told me. but either way. if it happened it happened. idk what the whole point is in those thread though lol cuz it went from a question to something personal lol

doverite06
06-11-10, 09:46 AM
Lynn2: I was thinking last night and I got to thinking that you are picturing my basement flood where I lost all my "stuff" (including uniforms, jungle boots, dog tags, all my memorabilia) was just...

doverite06
06-11-10, 09:51 AM
Right Meserole08orah: This fourm should not get personal. I made this same mistake once before on another forum. I won't do it again. No matter what your Gunny says, I have the stripes, the...

Meserole08orah
06-11-10, 09:53 AM
i thought you just said you didnt have them because of the basement flood?

Lynn2
06-11-10, 10:11 AM
Lynn2: Do you want to see the promotion warrant? Give me a place and a way to send it and I'll post the warrant AND the "internal" directive notifying the reserve command. You're disappointing me Lynn2. I didn't think you were going to be that kind. If you want to come at me, do it. I don't read all the forums on this site, just the one I posted so I just happened to come across this one this morning while searching for a message someone else sent me. You've had your say, now why don't you just let it lie. I don't know how to put up an attachment on this forum. If there is a way, let me know and I'll put it out there for you to see.

Frank, its an open forum. I had a question and I wanted an answer. Its not your business to tell me what I can and cannot post.

I did make a friendly suggestion for you not to put your life history on an open Marine Corps Forum because when you do its likely you will get the same responses you got on those other MC forums. Responses you did not like and bothered you a lot.

Having fellow Marines going to the effort of listing you on known poser sites as a warning to other Marines. I know that hurt.

I was asking this question in a kind gentle way to not put you on the spot.

But since you do not seem to care we could move your whole thread here. Now that YOU have announced to the world what this is all about. We could let the VN vets weigh in on how likely your story is.

I have already voted. Highly unlikely. But then others may disagree. Or not.

Lynn2
06-11-10, 10:22 AM
"I've read Silver Star citations and believe me, compared to what some of these guys did, those two DID NOT rate the Silver Star"

How nice of you to have the time to sit around reading the citations of men KIA and deciding that IYO they do not rate.

No one said you did not rate the BSM you claim you got in the mail four years after the fact. Four years after the fact a supply clerk gets a BSM with V in the mail from an Operation there is nothing in his SRB that he was on. From people and a unit that did not know you. Doubtful from what you said anyone had a clue what your name was.

Of course maybe it was the door gunner on that chopper that did not know you, who thought you deserved a medal, and four years later writes you up.

Of course the letter that says you got a BSM when looked at by the HQ people that do this stuff for a living and they say.....its a bogus letter. That is what you have said.

And of course when they look at your SRB for that BSM to confirm what looks like a bogus letter what do they find? Nothing.

Frank, you should have had enough sense to let this stay on the Docs Forum where it was.

Lynn2
06-11-10, 10:37 AM
"I received a letter from the Commandant's office in early spring 1969, advising me of my promotion to Staff Sergeant and giving me instructions to contact so and so and arrange to pick it up. I did not keep that letter or maybe it was in my seabag with the other paperwork. But, since all this with BCNR began, they've been asking ME for documents so, becaue Mr. K (my TWS nemesis) kept insisiting I was lying about my promtion too, I asked records, CMC, BCNR, and whoeer else, "send me a copy of that letter that the Commandant himself signed in 1969 telling me I was promoted". Guess what...I've asked three times over the past couple years and STILL NO LETTER. In fact, they've never even responded to the leter of request. WHY can't they find that? Why is it that if I can't find documents I am a liear and a poser. But when asked for a simple copy of a letter directly from the CMC, they can't even produce that. "

Frank, this is what you posted on that other thread. In fact it says that HQ has not confirmed that there even was a letter to you concerning a promotion. Despite your writing to them several times asking for it.

HM3doc
06-11-10, 10:48 AM
I reckon you still were in the Corps.

Meserole08orah
06-11-10, 10:48 AM
Lynn... i wouldnt waste your time on this poser!! i would just make a new thread warning people about him. because he is a slap in everyones face big time!! but no i asked a few people and you wouldnt get a letter 4 years after saying you have an award or promotion because they still give you the proper ceremony even if you are out (my did went through the same thing, because he was on a board) but you know... just ignore him, hes not worth your time. No real Marine would go through that much trouble to get an award because they know awards dont matter, its the effect you have on your country <3

Lynn2
06-11-10, 11:04 AM
Lynn... i wouldnt waste your time on this poser!! <3

Well I said it on the other thread and I still feel it-----I do not see Frank as a poser in any normal sense. He is not IMO someone that sits around, makes up stuff he knows to be false, and then spreads his lies.

I do think he believes every thing he has posted.

The fact is the HQ people he has been dealing with think his documentation is bogus. They also cannot find back up in his SRB. And the long list of events he describes are at least questionable.

Despite all that I do not think he is a liar in any normal usage of the word.

Meserole08orah
06-11-10, 11:26 AM
no but none of it is adding up at all. I had my office read it and everyone shook their head. even someone who was in NAM the same years. so i just dont see it. like you said maybe he is the exception but yeah. idk

doverite06
06-11-10, 11:55 AM
You're right Lynn2. I should have known better. My initial question was answered when I received no reply from any other Corpmen. This went personal and its probably my fault, becaue your posts began...

Lynn2
06-11-10, 12:14 PM
Yes I know its far fetched. Sort of like 2 hole in ones on your first golf outing. But I think its possible someone played a joke on Frank.

A joke would explain a few things.

Why Frank seems to believe in all of this so much.

Why it took 4 years to get a BSM from a unit where no one knew who you were and you only served around them for a few hectic days during a major operation. And the award only came "when you were out of the MC".

Why the HQ (pros that do this for a living) say his letter re. the BSM is bogus.

Why nothing in his SRB about the BSM

Why after 4 years of asking HQ does not even respond to "another" request for a copy of the promotion letter allegedly sent by the CMC.

A promotion letter also sent "after he was out of the MC". (E-6 in less than 5)

Some office smart Marine with a wicked sense of humor and access to official MC letterhead. A Marine who had gotten so tired of hearing Frank go on and on about his time on Starlite and the medal he should have gotten but never did.

Impossible? Read that link I posted on the Docs forum about Cpl Blackburn and his MOH. Practical jokes on official letterhead have been done before. And they can fool senior Marines with 20 years under their belt.

A practical joke means that Frank is neither a poser or crazy.

"after he was out of the MC"-----that is important because it would suggest that if it was a joke it was someone who did not want to do it when Frank was on AD and would thus turn this from an office prank to a serious piece of misconduct.

Thats my theory until I hear a better one.

doverite06
06-11-10, 01:07 PM
Lynn: BCNR said the documents did not "appear to be authentic" (they are not so stupid that they would call my docs phony and take a chance on being wrong, so they use words like "authentic" so they cna interpret what they meant any way they want) and gave me four reasons why. I was able to counteract all four of them and not just with something I made up. I did my research and found proof to the contrary of their theories and sent it in to them. They did not reply back with any contrary remarks. Apparently I proved them wrong.

Also, yes, I received a letter from CMC in 1969. How else would I know I was promoed and where to go pick up the warrant? It was one piece of paper and sorry but I don't have it any longer. But what I do have is a certified copy of the pormotion warrant I got from them and a friend helped because he knew where to go to and he found a copy of the "interoffice" communication written to the reserve commander advising him to notify me a.s.a.p. of my promotion. Again, just tell me where to send it and and I will.

"Pro's do this for a living" Hell, I spoke with one guy down at CMC and he said paperwork gets lost going from one end of the building to another let alone from CMC to BCNR or Naval Records in St. Louis. This is a "professional" operation. Not in my opinion.

I also know a Navy Cross recipient and I've shown him all the crap I have in my file since all this began. He told me, it's a sad thing, but this kind of stuff goies on all the time. The had to correct his Navy Cross citation twice before they got it right. You think PRO's type up all this documentation. It's a bunch of civilian clerks who don't know crap about the military. And back years ago, it was military clerks and a lot of them could give a crap also. Then there are the "pros", the ranking officers who have mounds of paperwork on top of their desk, especially in war time....death notices to parents, promotions, reports, other letters, all the **** that still goes on from day to day besides the war paperwork. Do you really , honestly think they read all that stuff. They pull out their pen and sign as fast as they can to get rid of the pile so they can be ready for the next pile and so on every day. And a lot of them, if not most, had "ghost" signers. Lot's of executives do that. The don't have time to read all that paperwork let alone sign it all, so they have their aid or assistant do it for them. That's why the signature BCNR questioned me about didn't match the Lt. Col.'s signature on file, but it did match his signature on four other documents I was able to obtain.

doverite06
06-11-10, 01:14 PM
"Why Frank believes it so much". I'll tell you why, because a Lt. Colonel in the federal bulding in Detroit PUT THEM IN MY HAND along with the certificates that come with them. I say I put them in my seabag and they were destroyed. But you find that too difficult to believe. But BCNR, the supposed professionals" can't find them anywere and they are not inefficient or incompetent. I say something and I'm a liar. They say something and they are excused because they are the professionals. Getting pretty one sided here if you ask me.http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/my old desktop

Lynn2
06-11-10, 01:19 PM
"They did not reply back with any contrary remarks. Apparently I proved them wrong."

Lack of confirmation is not in and of itself confirmation of anything.

Frank its just as likely that you have become their office version of the "cat lady" (she used to call the PHS Regional Office a couple of times a month with her crazzyness---woe unto those that answered the phone when she called).

After 4 years of dealing with you I am guessing they would have let you know if they had found anything that confirmed your story.

Most likely they see you as a looney at this point in time.

Lynn2
06-11-10, 01:30 PM
One close to the last comment on this.

While you have been sending them 4 years worth of paper. 150 pages of paper at some points. For an 8 stitch PH that you did not even bother to see a doctor about.

All the while these people have been dealing with vets that are coming home with no limbs.

And maybe they have been dealing with the relatives of someone like my best friend. A reconner who died crawling out under really heavy fire to treat WIA Marines. He got no BSM or any other kind of medal except for a PH.

Your 4 year whining about your 8 stitches makes me want to puke.....just a little.

doverite06
06-11-10, 01:37 PM
Oh you can bet they think I'm crazy down there. I'm guessing they just laugh when they see another letter of mine and then just tear it up and send that good ol "standard" reply....'not material". Well, call me what you want, or they want, I'm going to continue to harass them until they send someone up here to kick my a$$!. They have just begun hearing from me. No, I don't think you are correct about letting me know if they found something after four years. I think they "don't want to find anything because they don't like me and they think I'm a phony because my old nemesis has contacted them and put that in their head. A lot of others are going to get tired of hearing from me too. Now, if I were a phony and were thinking, hell I should back off or I'm going to get caught, why would I continue to draw attention to myself. Also, I just wrote a nice long letter to, the Sec. of Defense, Sec of the Navy, Senator from my state, Commandant of the Marine Corps, Office of the Naval Inspector General, Executive Director of BCNR and Head of the MMMA telling them the whole stroy and how NONE of the documentaton I've sent over the past four years seems to be "material". Also because the BCNR is as high as you can go....no appeal. I want an audience with BCNR, face to face, and then I might get some satisfaction.

tdrt
06-11-10, 01:53 PM
sometimes you just have to let it go

doverite06
06-11-10, 01:53 PM
ok Lynn. Now you're hitting below the belt. You don't think I saw guys like that? You don't think tears come to my eyes when I see these young guys burned and crippled. That's a low blow. And besides, BCNR has NOTHING to do with that. Its the Board for the CORRECTION of Naval Records. Not the Board for taking care of badly wounded Marines coming home. It's your coment that makes me want to puke. Now I can truly compare you to my old nemesis. That's a low blow. I can't do anything about our warriors of today. I wish I could. I feel for them and I hurt for hem. I happen to know and communicate with a real hero who was wounded three times in a battle in Nam. I read his story in Leatherneck and I saw that he was on the TWS site. A PH with three stars and what he did was incredible. But I saw no personal award on his rack, not even a BSM. Don't you thing that made me feel like s**t? I personally wrote to the Senator from his state and told him it was a travesty that such a hero not receive some kind of decoration. I personally recommended him for the CMOH. It was being pushed through by the Senator's aid too. But, the guy wouldn't turn in the "privacy" form that needed to be signed. Do you think that everyone that earned the PH had injuries like the ones we are seieing right now? Does that mean they didn't really earn it and should turn it down. This country owes all wounded veterans something and a PH is just a small token of appreciation. It's better than nothing. Why is it when you guys are stumped you have to hit below the belt. You don't even know me. Don't try to lay that guilt trip on me. This has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with those guys. That's just plain foul play. I thought you were a better man than that.

doverite06
06-11-10, 01:59 PM
tdrt: Maybe someday but I still have a little fight left in me. I'll know when it's over and I have no chance and then I will give them their satisfacton. It's got nothing to do with ego like some of these guys have said. It's the "principle". They've gotten away way to long with their ineptness. I've had many tell me to NEVER GIVE UP and just keep harassing them. And that's exactly what I intend to do

Lynn2
06-11-10, 02:16 PM
"This country owes all wounded veterans something and a PH is just a small token of appreciation. It's better than nothing."

Then you should have seen the doctor when this happened. You should have spoken up. You should have gone to the BAS. You should have talked to the Corpsman. You should have gone to the BAS later to have the stitches removed. You should have gotten it in your records. Every one of my Marines did that were legit wounded.

You did none of that. Now its to late. Nothing but your word and your 45 year old memory and your apparent crazyness----at least the look of crazy based on your rambling inane postings.

Everyone in VN knew if you had in fact been impaled on a punji (as opposed to being impaled on something that was not a pungi like I was....although more stitches than yours) you got a PH. The dumbest E-2 knew that. Should have been a no brainer for a wiz kid that was going to be an E-6 with less than 5 years in.

Send them another 150 pages. Cripe why stop there. Go for 200 big guy. Maybe they are just weighing your submissions on a scale. Extra weight might count for something.

The more you post the more I think its just a mental health issue, Frank.

As do the people you are sending pounds of unreadable crap to, I assume.

Lynn2
06-11-10, 03:48 PM
"My son joined the Navy reserves"

Well Frank this discussion about your son puts a whole different slant on things.

The old chip off the block joins the Navy. Goes through training. After training they can't find his records showing he went through training.

They said----"son its like you are not even in the Navy"

So then the old chip off the block joins the Army. Goes through training. After training they can't find his records showing he went through training.

They said----"son its like you are not even in the Army"

Now who could not believe that story?

Funny though. My Dad was in. I was in. My son was in. Another is still in. Many years for him. And never once a story like this from any of us.

Yet it happens each and every time to you and yours.

No one could doubt that.;)

doverite06
06-11-10, 04:21 PM
Ok Lynn, you're right. Nothing of consequence has ever happened in my life. I just escaped from the funny farm. You caught me.

Just because YOU never heard of occurrances like this doesn't mean they never happen. But then again, you know all, right? It's a true story. By the way, how do you know that this exact same thing didn't happen to anyone else? You don't. You ask me a questioin and I answer and I try to give details because without details, it just sounds like it's made up. When I give details, then it's too "out of the ordinary" to be true. This thread is over for me Jack. You need to do some growing up and learn how to accept the fact that what has happened i your life isn't the end all be all.

And by the way, you were in a line company. Yes, when someone was wounded, everyone knew about it. I'm sorry I never woke up every morning and asked if there was anyone wounded the night before. You talk out of both sides of your face.

I also didn't follow up on my other two visits. Maybe I should have but then again who stops and says to themselves, Oh I bet they didn't log my visit? Yes, we walked around Chu Lai everyday wondering just things. We had all the time in the world and certainly as a supply man, I wasn't even in the war or in any danger so why wouldn't I think of those things.

Not everybode is a whimp ass> Whe I was sixty years old I was using a chain saw in my back yard and it kicked back and hit my left forearm. I wrapped it up and drove myself to the hospital and got fifteen stitches. I didn't go back to have it checked out eithr. The doctor never said I needed to. Of course in this day and age, they use stitching that falls out by itself. By the way, I was back out cutting the next day. No if you can't think of something on the subject at hand, leave me the hell alone.

And this "chip off the old block" thing, that's alot of crap. I didn't hesitate to join the Marines. So, I don't get your point. You are the typical Vietnam grunt. You fought the war and won it all by yourself.

doverite06
06-11-10, 04:27 PM
Then you should have seen the doctor when this happened. You should have spoken up. You should have gone to the BAS. You should have talked to the Corpsman. You should have gone to the BAS later to have the stitches removed. You should have gotten it in your records. Every one of my Marines did that were legit wounded.

You did none of that. Now its to late. Nothing but your word and your 45 year old memory and your apparent crazyness----at least the look of crazy based on your rambling inane postings.

That's because I didn't know I was going to receive the PH. Remember??? I didn't get it until 1969. Whe I was wounded, I was an E-2 who knew nothing. Back then you didn't question anything or don't you remember that. A Corporal was Jesus and a Sergeant was God himself. I was scared to death to even speak to them. In boot camp, I learned to keep my mouth shut and do what I was told

Lynn2
06-11-10, 04:32 PM
"Whe I was sixty years old I was using a chain saw in my back yard and it kicked back and hit my left forearm. I wrapped it up and drove myself to the hospital and got fifteen stitches. I didn't go back to have it checked out eithr."

Thats nothing.

I wake up every morning and shove nails through my penis. And then I do not even go to the hospital.

I go right to the computer and post.

That chain saw crap does not impress me.

Hey tell your kid to join the AirForce. He can then go to training. And then after training they will lose all records of him having gone (just like the Navy and Army did)

Then they can say-----"son its like you are not even in the AirForce"

A trifecta

Lynn2
06-11-10, 04:45 PM
That's because I didn't know I was going to receive the PH. Remember??? I didn't get it until 1969. Whe I was wounded, I was an E-2 who knew nothing. Back then you didn't question anything or don't you remember that. A Corporal was Jesus and a Sergeant was God himself. I was scared to death to even speak to them. In boot camp, I learned to keep my mouth shut and do what I was told

OK Frank, I realize keeping your stories straight is hard. But let me help you out.

You never got the PH. Not in 1969. Not ever.

It was the BSM that you got in 1969, 4 years after the fact. It was that E-6 in less than 5 years that you got in 1969 10 months after you got out.

You never got the PH.

So you are telling me that as a wounded E-2 you were to scared to speak up? Thats why you did not get a PH?:)

What happened to all those gut shot Marines at the Field Hospital you originally blamed it on?

"Corpsman dressed wound and when we got back to base camp, he asked me if I wanted to go to the field hospital. I told him no, they were busy working on guys with their guts blown apart. "

doverite06
06-11-10, 04:56 PM
Now the real you is coming out. You've got no scruples. Take a shot at my kid because you don't like me. He has no need for the Air Force or any other branch now. He's 39 years old and a successful business man despite not getting GI bill money to go to college.

The chain saw tale was to let you know that every injury isn't death threatening. I could be an a$$ like you and say where did you find a small enough nail, but then I'm too much of a gentleman. What is this, some kind of kids game? I win. No, I win, No, I win......! I heard **** like that when I was in Jr. High.

Oh and by the way, My father served in WWI (that's ONE) and four of my five brothers served (fifth one died when he was three), and so did my daughter serve. In case you figure the thing about my father is also a fairy tale, he was born in 1889.

Lynn2
06-11-10, 05:05 PM
You are the one that brought your son and that silly story of him having gone through A school in 2 different services-----and them losing the records both times showing that he attended.

And them saying-----"son its like you are not even in the Navy" (or Army depending on which part of the story you are telling)

I bet that happens all the time. I bet there are dozens here on this forum who attended a many week long A school and then found there was no record of it.

And you claim with a straight face that it happened to your son twice on two different enlistments with two different services?

Wyoming
06-11-10, 05:17 PM
In case you figure the thing about my father is also a fairy tale, he was born in 1889.
OK, just for grins, lets say you are 64, born in 1946. That would have made your father 57 when you were born. Not unheard of, but ...

doverite06
06-11-10, 05:25 PM
E-2, speak up about what. Yeah, every Marine that gets wounded comes running out yelling, did the get the PH, did I get the PH, can I go home now. Read back through all these pages. You twist **** around, not me. Here is the bottom line. I got out of the Corps (Active Duty) in July68. In May 1969, I received a letter from CMC that I had been promoted to SSgt E-6 and ws told to contact the Federal Building in Detroit. There was NOTHING in the letter about any other awards. Maybe they wanted to surprise me (duh) after all, it WAS four years late. I went to the Federal Bldg., a Sergeant escorted me to a Lt. Col's office, he presented me with the promotion warrant and the PH and BSM and the certificates that go with them and a "write up" like this: "Let it be known that on the First Day of May 1969, by order of the Commandant of the Marine Corps, the Bronze Star Medal with combat V is hereby awarded to Staff Sergeant Frank J. Visconi (serial number), for actions described in the following citation". At the top of the page was the EGA and then under that it had the words "United States Marine Corps" printed in a half circle in fancy print. Then the "citation" after the initial paragraph. It was signed at the bottom by Leonard F. Chapman, Commandant and had a second signature (which standard citations don't), of a Lt. Colonel.

Now, that's exactly how it happened. The format of that letter or whatever it was supposed to be, is what is being questioned. You apparently know what a standard citation looks like. It doesn't have that beginning paragraph. However, they are normally given soon after the action and usually in the field, and they have the EGA at the top and then right under it..."The President of the United States takes pleasure in presenting the BRONZE STAR MEDAL to.... and so on. I'm sure you've seen them. Now, doesn't it make just a little sense that being it was four years after the fact and I was not on active duty, AND, the award was presented in Detroit instead of somewhere in the field in Vietnam or at some Marine Corps Base, that the "process" might be just a little different. Now was that so hard to understand.

It is also not too hard to understand how someone at BCNR who does EVERYTHING by the book and believes that SECNAVINST 1650.1h is the Gospel of the world would say, this doesn't fit the "standard" so I'm going to say that this doesn't appear to be authentic to me? Well, I've done alot of research as I said and I've heard back from several Marines (and still have copies in my file among all of my "evidence") who said they received citations that were different from the "standard". The man at BCNR also said that BSM citations during that period of the war were signed ONLY by the Commanding General FMFPac. That is wrong also. Citations from Vietnam era have been signed by the Commandant, the Secretary of the Navy and even by other General Officers.

doverite06
06-11-10, 05:34 PM
Damn right BigAlHolmes08orah....57 and my mom was 46. I can't say I was expected but you know those good caholics. They didn't believe in birth control then. I am the last of eight, six boys and two girs. All of my brothers and sisters, except one brother and one sister, are /were old enoug to be my parents. Except for one brother and one sister they are all gone now. My dad died when he was 65 years old in 1956. He was a coal miner. I was nine years old just going on ten (born in 46). My mother passed when she was 69 years old in 1971. I was moved from Pennsylvania by my oldest brother to Michigan and he put me to work in a shoe shop repairing shoes (that was his trade). I am in the process of writing a book (in between studying Law and responding to friggin bul**** on these threads). The first line of the first chapter is
"I was twelve years old when I was born". That's how old I was when I was moved to Michigan and that is when my life began. Up until that time, I merely existed. Wonder how long it will take one of the others to write something snappy back about this too. They don't seem to believe anything else, how could someone be born to a 57 year old man. That's those Italians for ya.

Lynn2
06-11-10, 05:40 PM
Frank, I did say it was hard for you to keep your story straight. When you posted on the Doc forum looking for a Doc this is in fact what you posted:

" Problem: Not on my medical record and being refused the PH. Any thoughts. Thank"

That is in fact what that whole thread was about. You finding a Doc so you could get a PH.

Now after all that talk about finding a Doc and nothing according to you was in your medical records you are on a totally different thread now claiming you actually got the PH. In 1969 4 years after the fact. With nothing still in your medical records.

Frank I thought it was mental issues. If being a chronic liar is a mental condition, and I think it is, then I think I see what is going on.

Bat crap crazy. (and I say that with the same respect you used when you called that WM a BAM----nothing but respect)

Sgt Leprechaun
06-11-10, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure exactly what's goin on here, gents....but it seems like something that would perhaps, be more appropriate for PMing?

If there is an issue with a poser, potential poser, or something, let me know via PM.

If not...then this looks to be turning into a personal monkee poo throwing contest.....and I will take the neccessary steps to see that it goes away.

Mongoose
06-11-10, 06:05 PM
Doverite06, I dont know any Nam grunt that thinks he won the war by his self. Lynn2 is a proven combat Marine Veteren. For that he deserves my respect and yours. Marines like Lynn2, Big Al, myself and others, fought for each other. Not for ourself or for glory or medals. So we still try to take of each other. Only those that have been there done that knows what im talking about. Theres one thing that really upsets me. Anyone that disrespects a Marine Grunt that served in V.N. We had enough of that when we came home.

doverite06
06-11-10, 06:09 PM
Right Lynn2: I am bing told I cannot wear or display the PH because it is not on my record. If you understood me to say I never got the PH, either I mislet you or you misunderstood. I got the actual awards but since they are not on my records, I cannot officially wear or display them. THAT sir, is what my whole argument is about with BCNR - The missing information and incorrect information in my records. It's not a true picture of my Vietnam service in particular, but as I said, a TAD in Little creek is also missing. I was looking for a Doc that served in Chu Lai at that time that might remember me and be able to corrorborate my story. That's all I was trying to do.

doverite06
06-11-10, 06:16 PM
Billy: agree 100%. I have all the respect in the world for the grunts but it seems that the only Marines that question what Marines other than grunts did in Vietnam, are grunts. That's why I said that. When we came home, no one knew if we were grunts or cooks or whatever we were. We were ALL disrespectd, including me. I may not have the nightmares you guys who spent all of your time in the bush, but I did my share of ****ing in my pants and I also did what I had to do and sometimes that included fighting off the VC. Why is it so hard for these guys to believe that? I have NO reason whatsoever to go making up stories at this stage of my life. All I'm trying to do is get my records made whole. Is that such a big crime? Does that make me a poser? I admit I din't see the combat you guys did and I'm glad I didn't. But if they had made me a grunt out of boot, I would have given it all I had. Now these guys are getting personal and mocking, my family all over nothing because they are reading things into answers I give them to THEIR questions. I just ain't right Billy.

Lynn2
06-11-10, 06:29 PM
So Frank this is what you are claiming? Based on your posts.

You were wounded. 8 stitches.

You were patched up in the field by a Doc you did not know and never saw again or never worked with again. He was not your Doc you were not his Marine.

You never went to a BAS. Nothing was ever entered into your medical records. In fact you were void of any medical records whatsoever from your time in VN. Nada.

Four years later after you are out of the Corps , out of the blue they award you a PH. Still nothing in your medical records. (at the same time out of the blue you get a BSM from a different operation than the wound but also 4 years late)

You lost your own records in the great basement flood.

Now you are trying to reclaim your PH because "someone" told you that you cannot wear for it for a reason I would just have to guess at.

But there is nothing in your medical records to indicate you were wounded.

And there is no record of a PH ever having been awarded to you at any time. (nor a BSM)

And the documentation you do provide appears bogus to those officials you presented it to and they will not accept it.

Thats your story?