PDA

View Full Version : Taliban using HIV bombs

CQB0316
06-09-10, 07:26 PM
Hypodermic syringes are hidden below the surface pointing upwards to prick bomb squad experts as they hunt for devices.

The heroin needles are feared to be contaminated with hepatitis and HIV. And if the bomb goes off, the needles become deadly flying shrapnel.

The tactic, used in the Afghan badlands of Helmand, was exposed by Tory MP and ex-Army officer Patrick Mercer.

Senior backbencher Mr Mercer said yesterday: "Are there no depths to which these people will stoop? This is the definition of a dirty war."
Razor blades are also being used. All Royal Engineer and Royal Logistic Corps bomb search teams have been issued with protective Kevlar gloves.

<LI sizset="27" sizcache="6">
STAFF Sergeant Kim Hughes, who cleared an entire minefield in 2009, will be awarded the George Cross by the Queen today.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/3005443/Taliban-using-HIV-bombs.html#ixzz0qPBqW6mk

usmc3521
06-09-10, 07:33 PM
we should be allowed to go in and kill every last one of those nasty hebrews and level the place. Then and only then will this crap stop. If we keep p*ssyfooting around over there with our screwed up rules of engagement all we are going to do is rack up our body count and injuries like our brother Cpl Peck. Enough is enough.

You know for me personally if this war was to fight for our freedom, Im all for it but its not. There was zero violence with saddam in power, he took care of it. If we wanted osama we would have him, hell we work with his billionare family!

crazymjb
06-09-10, 08:09 PM
Last I checked a Hebrew was a Jew...

And leveling the place is just gonna make them more and more ****ed at us. Like it or not the "holy war" is only half the reason these extremist sects target the west. The situation can very easily be made worse.

Mike

usmc3521
06-09-10, 08:31 PM
we use the term Hebrew up here lmao(dont ask me why)

If we kill everylast one of them there will be no one left to be ****ed at us.

or we pull out now and let things go back to the way they were before and they way they will be for the rest of time.

Those are my 2 solutions to this war, because there sure as hell will never be democaracy, wal marts, taco bell and our western way of life out there.

As long as we protect our borders on the homefront terrorism will be at a minimum. There always will be some but we can stop it

Underdawg
06-09-10, 09:26 PM
I just read this to a room a of Ammo Techs.... the general response was "woooow, what the f**k, we need to blow that place up".

It's just unbelievable the things these mofo's think of.

crazymjb
06-09-10, 10:04 PM
The problem is our federal government which as the founding fathers would have it is supposed to protect us, has for a long time now been sticking there nose into everyones business, and that ****es people off. Us being in Afghanistan this long is not helpful. Honestly, there is enough evidence out there that if we leave them alone, we will be much better off as a country. The U.S. screws with so many global issues its no wonder people hate us this much. It pains me to say that but I think that is becoming increasingly clear.

Assuming I follow my schedule and end up over there my only objective is to come back alive and bring everyone I go with back alive. It really isn't worth dying for. In my mind, this has become a lost cause. Not trying to **** in anyone's cheerios, but us running around tribe to tribe trying to convince them they should like us when we brought this ****storm to their backyard is futile.

Only time will tell, but hopefully our government wises up, not likely though.

Mike

Zulu 36
06-09-10, 11:08 PM
There is a small problem with using HIV tainted objects in IEDs. Heat. HIV is a fairly fragile virus. It does not survive high temperatures such as an explosion would cause. Nor does it survive prolonged exposure to the atmosphere or even heat from the sun. So, I would put the chances of getting HIV through contaminated items as part of IEDs is extremely remote. I'd worry much more about what the friggin IED itself will do, never mind contaminated sharps.

Garyius
06-10-10, 07:21 AM
The use of biological agents in warfare violates the conventions. I don't expect Obama or Bush's little buddy Gates to do what should be done because of it.

Quinbo
06-10-10, 08:04 AM
There is no warfare logic in this. IED's create casualties, bullets create casualties, anthrax, nerve agent ect. take you off the battle field. An HIV infection would take 20 years to kill you. Really sounds like fear is used as the primary weapon.

montana
06-10-10, 10:23 AM
two can play that game...rub excrement on your bullets...

Pollock
06-11-10, 01:35 PM
we should be allowed to go in and kill every last one of those nasty hebrews and level the place. Then and only then will this crap stop. If we keep p*ssyfooting around over there with our screwed up rules of engagement all we are going to do is rack up our body count and injuries like our brother Cpl Peck. Enough is enough.

You know for me personally if this war was to fight for our freedom, Im all for it but its not. There was zero violence with saddam in power, he took care of it. If we wanted osama we would have him, hell we work with his billionare family!

Wow...

This is were people get the stereotypes about the Military.
It's a shame that because of one persons ignorance, everyone pays...

usmc3521
06-11-10, 02:15 PM
no its tree huggers like you who give us a bad name.

usmc3521
06-11-10, 02:17 PM
Marines are not meant to "coddle" the enemy. While you and Obama may share the same mindset on topics like this, all the Marines I know would rather level the place rather than "p*ssyfoot around" and keep getting our military members killed and wounded