PDA

View Full Version : Linda1945

sscjoe
06-08-10, 03:19 PM
Sister Lin was admitted to the VA hospital in Little Rock yesterday. Lin has no family to speak of, so I would like you Brothers and Sisters to reach out to her. A lot of you know some of Lin's background so you know she would love to here from her adopted Marine family. Quite of few of us know what it's like to be in the hospital and how it feels to know that some one cares. Her direct # at the Little Rock VA is 501-257-4605. Linda doesn't know that I'm posting this, so if she asks just tell her it must have been some damn Yankee.

Thanks, your Brother

Joe

Rocky C
06-08-10, 03:30 PM
Thanks Joe!!!

Prayers Outbound and Phone Calls Inbound.......

Semper Fi,
Rocky

sscjoe
06-08-10, 03:48 PM
Thanks Rocky. I spoke to a nurse there and the phone has no voicemail, so keep trying if you don't get her.

ssgtt32
06-08-10, 03:55 PM
No answer! Prayers outbound!

Maurice

Quinbo
06-08-10, 04:39 PM
Just talked to Linda. She sounds pretty darn good. Still running tests on her in the hospital. We the Marines are her biggest support group and she does seem to enjoy a call.

She says love ya all.

kenrobg30
06-08-10, 05:39 PM
I'll keep trying. S/F!! Ken

stretchusa
06-08-10, 05:46 PM
Prayers Inbound

Wyoming
06-08-10, 05:52 PM
I'll keep trying. S/F!! Ken

Busy is a good thing, but she prolly needs her rest also.

Just saying.

Marine84
06-08-10, 06:20 PM
Hey! If anybody happens to talk to her tonight, ask what her room # is please. I'm thinking it should be the 4605 but, just to be on the safe side..............I'll send her something tomorrow from all of us. Hospital rooms need decorations - pretty flowers make them look better.

DocGreek
06-08-10, 06:26 PM
:D.....LIN...we ALL love and care about you!! I'll go and light a candle for you, TONIGHT!!
GOD is with you! Blessings, and get better SOON!!....:D

montana
06-08-10, 06:26 PM
would be glad to send some $ to help with the flowers 84...give me an addy

ecfree
06-08-10, 06:29 PM
Busy,I'll keep trying......

Sgt Jim
06-08-10, 06:31 PM
Called but no calls are being taken at this time,prayers out to Miss Linda.

sscjoe
06-08-10, 07:15 PM
Hey! If anybody happens to talk to her tonight, ask what her room # is please. I'm thinking it should be the 4605 but, just to be on the safe side..............I'll send her something tomorrow from all of us. Hospital rooms need decorations - pretty flowers make them look better.

Kim, here's the info 6D Rm 157 Bed 36 4300 West 7th St, Little Rock Ark. 72205.
My apoligies to all you guys trying to call. I just spoke with her and she talked for over an hour. Need any help with that Kim let me know.

Joe

ssgtt32
06-08-10, 07:16 PM
Called but no calls are being taken at this time,prayers out to Miss Linda.

Just goes to show that the brother/sister hood is still and always will be alive!

Marine84
06-08-10, 07:59 PM
Thanks bunches Joe!

I appreciate the help ya'll but, I got it covered. Miss Linda, I hope you feel better soon.

greensideout
06-08-10, 08:27 PM
Just talked to Linda and she said that she is "doing fine and loves and misses all of you and misses the chat room."

She sounded good.

Lisa 23
06-08-10, 08:34 PM
Feel better soon Linda. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

ecfree
06-08-10, 08:43 PM
Hey Sis,I know that you're a South Carolina girl,and a girl born in S.C. would wrather be out kicking up her heels to some good dance music,so y'all get well hear.....:usmc:
We all send our love and prayers LIN.....:thumbup:
SEMPER FI SIS:iwo:.............................Ed

sparkie
06-08-10, 09:31 PM
Got thru first call,,,,,, Warned her 'bout 84 puttin stuff together. She is sweet. Had some kinda sheasure. [SP]. Been Epilectic [SP] for a long time. She's kinda embarassed 'bout this thread. Got to talk 'bout 20 minutes. She loves you all,,,,,, George wouldn't let her be Marine,,,,,, Till now. One lovely southern lady......
I suggest you all let her rest till tomorrow. It's gettin late,,,,,,, The Number is good.

sparkie
06-08-10, 09:39 PM
By the way,,,,,, She said there ain't no damm computers in that place. Enjoyed talkin to Joe and Bulk,,,,,,,,,,,Oh, yea,,,, Greenside.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-08-10, 11:21 PM
Will try and call tomorrow. Keep on keepin on Linda!

DevilDog0801
06-08-10, 11:32 PM
Prayers outbound, will try to call tomorrow.

Before ya know it, she'll be up and about. :banana:

USNAviator
06-09-10, 07:11 AM
Linda

Prayers outbound. By the time you get to read this you'll be 100% better. Your Marines are waiting for you

FoxtrotOscar
06-09-10, 09:51 AM

If you can post an addy where some money can be sent, I'm more than happy to donate..

Semper Fi Linda... we are waiting...!!!

Marine1955
06-09-10, 10:34 AM
Just talked to Linda just now and she still in the hospital and as ornery as ever she said LOL. The Doctors are running test on her to see what is going on . They think shes having Seizors and they are upping her meds to counter them. hope she gets better soon.
Gods speed Linda.
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/marine1955_2009/SemperFieaglert_red.gif?t=1276095792

tdrt
06-09-10, 10:35 AM
I'll pitch in. Just let me know where/who to send check.

You're in my thoughts and prayer, Linda!

OLE SARG
06-09-10, 11:03 AM
Ditto on the pitchin in for Linda!!!!

Prayers outbound for a great lady!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Rocky C
06-09-10, 11:11 AM
Just got off the phone with Linda. She is in such Good Spirits today!!!
Tests and more tests, medication dose changes and hopes to be out of there by Tomorrow or the next day.

She said she Misses you All, Loves you All and can't wait to get back to the forum and the chat room of course!!!

She said to give Everyone a " Howdy, Howdy "...........

Kim, if you Need or want Money, Pm me Sweetheart.

That's all I got for now.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

vipere6
06-09-10, 11:13 AM
My prayers go out to you Lin. May the Lord comfort you.

Simper Fi.

DevilDog0801
06-09-10, 12:48 PM
I just spoke with Linda, she's doing well and rumored to go home today. :thumbup:

ecfree
06-09-10, 02:21 PM
Just called LIN, to see how she's doing,and they told me they sent her home......

charm1110
06-09-10, 02:46 PM
Prayers out for you you Linda...get well soon!
Semper Fi...:flag:

Marine84
06-09-10, 06:15 PM
I hope she got her flowers first!

Rocky C
06-09-10, 06:20 PM
Thank you Kim for doing that!!!
You're the BEST!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

USNAviator
06-09-10, 06:25 PM
Just called LIN, to see how she's doing,and they told me they sent her home......

I noticed she was online about an hour ago :thumbup: Most likely she is resting and will be in contact soon

Rocky C
06-09-10, 06:26 PM
She is typing right now :)
Hi Linda.......

Zulu 36
06-09-10, 06:27 PM
Sorry I wasn't on here sooner. My DSL was out.

Hope you're well Linda, and the new meds help. Take care of yourself and drop by here when you're up to it.

Chris

linda1945
06-09-10, 06:46 PM
I AM BACK HOME MARINES!! :) Got home about 2 hr. ago. Thank for get well wishes and prayers. Love you all!! Them phone calls made me feel better than what I felt and just made me love MY FAMILY more!! My blood family don't even know what kind of troubles I have been having. John won't even know cause it will hurt him bad by possible throwing him into seizures and hurting him.
Had an attack hit me Sun. night and tried to sleep it off like I usually do, but I said the hell with all this!! Called Robert and told him to take me to Little Rock VA since that is where I've going to this pinched nerve in neck. I thought that was causing all this. Got in ER and they had me describe everything, told them what meds I was on, blah, blah!! They wouldn't pull up my med. list from Fayetteville VA cause they couldn't do it!! B.S. Kept me there for 6 hrs. and they wouldn't tell us if I was going home or not cause Robert had an appt @ Fayetteville VA. They wouldn't listen to him kept telling them that he was my driver, blah blah Felt like just getting up and go home, but didn't cause I knew what would happen!! Plus I was bound and determined to find about these attacks. Finally about 2200 they decided they were going to admit me, but not to neurology, but instead to gen. med floor and didn't get me in room until 0200 Mon.. Anywho, took me all day Mon. to get them straighten out on the meds and dosage. about the meds. I was taking. Luckily I carry a list of meds in my purse all the time (am just only on 13 pills per day and 3 are seizure meds) and showed them. It was a hell of a mess!! Then one of the Dr. didn't understand me when I said about how weak I got dunring one of these attacks: "limp as a dish rag" They looked with a "duh?" look and told them like limp as a sheet. Oh you mean that limp! Little Rock is "teaching instution also cause it is right across street from University of Ark. Med. School and the students come over to VA to learn, etc. Anywho, ran a EEG and founds results that I had recent seizure activity. So neurologist increased one of my seizure meds. by 500 mg. so that both will work together and be in balance with each other. So since they were unbalance that was causing the attacks. Then this morning a CT Brain Scan was ran. results of that don't know. I walk better; :)balanced now and don't even have to hold onto anything, although I am still a little wobbley from it all. Had to use walker all day Mon. Anyway, again thank you for all. I've always believed in God and he has answer my prayers so many times since all these troubled times!! I Love you all more than you can imagine. So with all this, God bless
Hugs, XOX
Semper Fi
Lin

Mistybluelady
06-09-10, 06:49 PM
Cant get thru.... but I will keep trying.... If anyone reaches her... Tell her she is in my prayers... God Bless

USNAviator
06-09-10, 06:51 PM
Welcome back where you belong Linda. Your Marines missed you!! Stay well

Dan

Skosh59
06-09-10, 06:58 PM
Welcome back :banana::yes:

Marine84
06-09-10, 07:03 PM
Ms Linda - did you get your flower arrangement before you left?

Phantom Blooper
06-09-10, 07:28 PM
Linda.

Glad you are home and feeling a little better....Hope they get it straightened out on what they are finally going to do.

Don't worry too much about the balance thing....I have been unbalanced for twenty some years....oh I'm sorry wrong type of unbalance.:beer:

Thoughts and prayers out to you...take care and try to rest.

Semper Fi!:evilgrin:

USMCM38A1
06-09-10, 07:48 PM
Glad to hear your back and recovering

tdrt
06-09-10, 08:03 PM
I have been unbalanced for twenty some years....

ya, we've noticed. :D

Sgt Jim
06-09-10, 08:03 PM
Glad your back home Linda.praying that everything goes real good on the rest of the test and getting that pinched nerve fixed,Rose missed you on here and sends her love.Jim and Rose.

Marine1955
06-09-10, 08:08 PM
;) Welcome back Linda!!! glad your not still in. talk to you earlier and you didn't say you were coming home so when I got back home and seen your home it made my day even better. OOOOHHHRRRAAAHHHH
:thumbup::thumbup:

ecfree
06-09-10, 08:18 PM
OK LIN,I hope you start feeling better.....
Did you get the flowers,KIM wants to know....
SEMPER FI SIS:iwo:......................Ed

sparkie
06-09-10, 10:31 PM
Funny,,,,,,, When I was talkin to her,,,,, She kept soundin like Reeba,,,,,,,

linda1945
06-09-10, 10:41 PM
No Kim I didn't. They discharged me about 1400 or some where along that time. <br />
Semper Fi <br />
Lin

ameriken
06-09-10, 11:28 PM
Welcome home Lin, we're still praying for you!

Marine84
06-10-10, 07:42 AM
DAMN! <br />
<br />
Glad you're back home and doing OK. I hope there's another WM in there somewhere cause the card reads &quot;Semper Fi Sister! From all of your family at Leatherneck&quot;. <br />
<br />
I'm going to have to...

linda1945
06-10-10, 09:32 AM
DAMN!

Glad you're back home and doing OK. I hope there's another WM in there somewhere cause the card reads "Semper Fi Sister! From all of your family at Leatherneck".

I'm going to have to call the florist and ask what happens in these situations.

I've always wondered about myself.

montana
06-10-10, 10:16 AM
cant keep a good woman down WB Linda

vipere6
06-10-10, 10:38 AM
Welcome home linda. It's nice to hear your doing well.

Marine84
06-10-10, 12:07 PM
I've always wondered about myself.

She just called - they'll deliver to your home address. PM me with your address please.

linda1945
06-10-10, 02:17 PM
She just called - they'll deliver to your home address. PM me with your address please.

just did as you requested

Rocky C
06-10-10, 03:42 PM
<TABLE id=post655193 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #b5b1b1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #b5b1b1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #b5b1b1 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #b5b1b1 1px solid" class="alt2 postbit_info" width=175>linda1945 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=63117)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_655193", true); </SCRIPT>
Marine
Platinum Member (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/payments.php)
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/avatars/pfc.gif (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=63117)

Credits: 10,799

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #b5b1b1 1px solid" id=td_post_655193 class=alt1><!-- message -->Good evening Marines!! It sure does feel good to be back home and my family! :) Missed all of you and woke up yesterday mornin' thinking I was suppose to report in and then realized where I was! It's hot and muggy again today, with a high of 93* and it's 75* w/a light wind. The Fur Posse was taken of; Robert made sure of that. Hope all had a good day and hope all have good night rest. Thank you all for the get well wishes, prayers and phone calls from Joe, Rocky, Sparky, GreenSideOut, Marine1955, DevilDog0801, and hope I have forgotten anybody. Talk to ya'll later. Take care and God bless. LOVE YOU ALL!!
Hugs,xox
Semper Fi
Lin
<!-- / message -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #b5b1b1 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #b5b1b1 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fcf5f5; BORDER-TOP: #b5b1b1 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #b5b1b1 1px solid" class=alt2> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You are such a Sweetheart Linda!!!

Welcome back Sister!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Marine84
06-10-10, 05:12 PM
Thanks Ms Linda - be looking for them tomorrow.

Osotogary
06-10-10, 07:57 PM
Linda,
Darn, I feel a like a pizzer who pizzed in the wrong hole. It grieved me deeply to hear of your situation and I am elated to hear that you are taking one step at a time ....always forward. I haven't logged in a while so excuse my tardiness. Take care. I will think of you in my prayers. Move your body, exercise your mind, tune into your spirituality. There are many but you are one of the few.
Have a restful evening.

manilalaguna29
06-10-10, 08:20 PM
Hope she is feeling better, tried to call but couldn't get through.

ecfree
06-10-10, 08:28 PM
Hope she is feeling better, tried to call but couldn't get through.
DENNIS,if you called the hospital you won't get through.....
She was sent home yesterday.....

linda1945
06-11-10, 03:40 PM
Thanks Ms Linda - be looking for them tomorrow.

OMG!! :) They just arrived Sister!! They are beautiful!! THANK YOU ALL

VERY MUCH MY DEAR FAMILY!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! Just wish I could give each and everyone of ya'll big special hug for all this!!
HUGS,XOX XOX XOX

Semper Fi
Lin :usmc:

Rocky C
06-11-10, 03:48 PM
OMG!! :) They just arrived Sister!! They are beautiful!! THANK YOU ALL

VERY MUCH MY DEAR FAMILY!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! Just wish I could give each and everyone of ya'll big special hug for all this!!
HUGS,XOX XOX XOX

Semper Fi
Lin :usmc:

We want Pictures, We want Pictures :D.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

linda1945
06-11-10, 03:55 PM

Semper Fi,
Rocky

OK Rocky I will take some!! I don't know how to put them here; just I'll put them in my profile album. Gone to take some!
Semper Fi
Lin

linda1945
06-11-10, 05:18 PM

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Just put 3 pictures of the bouquet in my album named Flowers.
Semper Fi
Lin

Marine84
06-11-10, 05:50 PM
How pretty! The balloon looks about as big as the arrangement does - geez!

Glad you like them and sorry you had to wait another day to get them. Semper Fi my Sister!

Rocky C
06-11-10, 05:56 PM
Just put 3 pictures of the bouquet in my album named Flowers.
Semper Fi
Lin

They are Beautiful!!!

Great Job Kim and Thank You for doing that :thumbup:.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

tdrt
06-11-10, 06:04 PM
Wow! Nice job, Kim.

Happy to hear you're feeling better, Lin.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-11-10, 07:52 PM
WELCOOOOMMMEEEEEE BAAAACCCCK!!!

http://www.sloughware.com/traveller/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/kotter1.jpg

Phantom Blooper
06-11-10, 08:07 PM
Here ya go Linda....

Best I can do.....:beer:

:evilgrin:

ecfree
06-11-10, 09:31 PM
Great job KIM,she even put the pics on facebook...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: