06-07-10, 08:01 PM
OUTSTANDING MARINE:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

jinelson
06-07-10, 08:53 PM
That was awesome GSO

Jim

usmc3521
06-07-10, 09:09 PM
ok so what am I missing? All I see is some random old "former Marine" singing some stuff Ive never heard? Almost reminds me of National Lampoons Xmas when the old lady starts singing and they all join LMAO

greensideout
06-07-10, 09:45 PM
ok so what am I missing? All I see is some random old "former Marine" singing some stuff Ive never heard? Almost reminds me of National Lampoons Xmas when the old lady starts singing and they all join LMAO

motox, what is it that you don't understand about God and Country?

usmc3521
06-07-10, 10:33 PM
im not getting the point of this? What does an old guy randomly singing some lost verse's have to do with anything special?

Im not sure as to why this video is supposed to be motivating?

FattyTheFerret
06-07-10, 10:45 PM
im not getting the point of this? What does an old guy randomly singing some lost verse's have to do with anything special?

Im not sure as to why this video is supposed to be motivating?

our national anthem has more verses than most people realize, he was singing the fourth and final one because he believes that there needs to be a greater emphasis on religion - namely christianity - in this country

usmc3521
06-07-10, 10:55 PM
gotcha....

Too bad you cant say "god" in the U.S now or people complain

FattyTheFerret
06-07-10, 10:58 PM
or allah or vishnu or goddess or thor or zeus or flying spaghetti monster

The DUKE
06-07-10, 11:02 PM
So typical Fatty of you to totally NOT get it. I really feel sad for the people that you hang out with if they all think and believe like you, you know I remember an old tidbit of wisdom, Fruede said it once with regard to making much adieu about something there is nothing to make anything out of, for those who dont get it, "making a mountain out of a mole hill" he said "Sometimes Ladies, a Cigar is just a Cigar!" I believe the point this old timer is making is that if you have common sense, if you have a true sense of justice, if your a believer in the truth that the founding fathers knew what they were doing when they instituted the checks and balances the put into our constitution, if you love and care about the damage being done to this great nation, that maybe instead of stampedeing down the path of "FUNDAMENTALY TRANSFORMING THIS NATION" we should simply get back to the basics of being the Americans we were meant to be. I think he mentions the fact that no one knows these lyrics anymore, well in his day, as in mine we learned about this country, not all about Africa, Europe, etc. etc. etc. kids arent taught to be American any longer and thats whats missing.

FattyTheFerret
06-07-10, 11:05 PM
If he was only interested in pointing out that no one knew the lyrics why didn't he sing the second stanza? Or the third?

Kids need to learn about the world around them, not only America. Kids who only know about the world inside US borders will be sorely lacking.

edit: in fact, he doesn't even know the right number of verses. there are four, not two like he says in the video :D

The DUKE
06-07-10, 11:20 PM
I can forgive the old man, he was obviously choked up about it, but you , no such luck, the point is ,"NOT", as usual with you, that the kids dont learn about other nations and things around the world, Im all for it, but you cannot deny that our history, our nation, our issues, our important things have taken a serious back seat to the liberal, progressive mentality of the last couple of decades while we were all standing around allowing it to happen, and now what they teach is everything but, the teaching of the American way, its not even taught in junior high school any longer, dont you think that our history should be the one with the most influenece and maybe, just maybeb it should be taught when they are of and age where they can get a lot more involved in the learning process, an age where they could do some of the research themselves, maybe learn a lot more about the whys and wheretofores of this nation, I personally dont think any other nation is more improtant than our own when it comes to the time and energy spent on whether or not our own children understnad what it took, what it cost, what it demands to maintain this nation under the freedoms and guarentees of freedom that they so generously enjoy but have no clue as to why, they take it for granted and thats the truly diheartening part, everybody wants to go to the party, but nobody wants to stay to clean up, sounds like your kind of crowd.

FattyTheFerret
06-07-10, 11:30 PM
I do forgive the old man for that, but the point remains that choked up or not, if he was trying to make the point of people not knowing that there are more verses he would have known how many their were. Instead, it seems more like he was trying to make the point that the country should be reminded of the "in god we trust" stuff.

I do believe that our history classes can be lacking but I certainly can deny the paranoid idea that they've taken a back seat to the boogeyman of liberal/progressive thought.

What is this "American way" you speak of that you don't believe is taught in junior high?

What you're describing is exactly what's done. You may not like what aspects of history are discussed but it's impossible to touch on every single milestone in two and a half centuries of history. American History is still taught in every high school in the country along with World History. Few teach French history or Japanese history or Russian history or Nigerian history and if they do, they're almost always electives. They have entire classes devoted to the history of this country and another devoted to the entire rest of the planet which has had a much longer history.

My kind of crowd? Go ahead and make your assumptions. You know nothing about my crowd.

The DUKE
06-08-10, 12:10 AM
Your remarks about the things that make us a great nation oft times define your charecture, I can allow that this media allows for many a misunderstanding of sorts, but when you constantly post things that decry a serious level of patriotism to your own country then that leaves one with what they can see and hear only, your crowd are probabnly a lot like minded, are they not, same as mine, but I think I am not as blinded by the smoke and mirrors of the liberal/progeressive mantra. its not something I made up, look into the HISTORY, as I tell a lot of people I correspond with, do your research, we have slacked off so much on our hsitory that the majority of students in this day and age, cant even use a map, they can find coutries on the globe, they cant name any capitols of states in their own counrty, they cant tell you the whos and the wheres becasue they have been dumbed down, I would ask you to take a look at the book " the dumbing down of america" youll see its not a make belive thing I thought up so you and I can banter back and forth like we dont like each other, the things you say come across a lot of times like liberal facism, thats just the way it is, your the one saying them, Im not putting anything on in your name. you come out against the bible, christianity, church, gospel music, it seems a lot of times its not about the questioning but the slamming of those who believe these things made this nation great, and for whatever reason you cant stand it when they metion it or say its given them the strength to carry on or made them the people they are today, I just never see antyhing thats not an intentional slam against things american.

FattyTheFerret
06-08-10, 12:19 AM
My "charecture" can't be defined on an internet forum. Sorry to burst your bubble.

And no, my crowd isn't necessarily like-minded. I don't surround myself with only people that agree with everything I say. I see that as a boring way to live.

You seem to be putting plenty on in my name. I don't remember every saying a word about gospel music. Christianity and gospel music were not the things that made this country great. They were factors in it but far from the only or even most significant ones.

Disliking christianity is not slamming america. The two are not mutually inclusive. I don't care if the bible has given someone the strength to carry on. Whatever. Doesn't bother me one bit. I care when those people demand that I and others recognize their beliefs as valid and logical.

gkmoz
06-08-10, 08:15 AM
My "charecture" can't be defined on an internet forum. Sorry to burst your bubble.

And no, my crowd isn't necessarily like-minded. I don't surround myself with only people that agree with everything I say. I see that as a boring way to live.

You seem to be putting plenty on in my name. I don't remember every saying a word about gospel music. Christianity and gospel music were not the things that made this country great. They were factors in it but far from the only or even most significant ones.

Disliking christianity is not slamming america. The two are not mutually inclusive. I don't care if the bible has given someone the strength to carry on. Whatever. Doesn't bother me one bit. I care when those people demand that I and others recognize their beliefs as valid and logical.
No Christian DEMANDS that you recognize anything, but also we only ASK that you respect OUR beliefs. To mock our God is very offensive ! We are told to tell others of what we have been given, a spiritual awakening (Revelation 3:20 & John 3:3 ) of which most do not know. This country was founded by the christian ethic,wether you believe it or not. The progressives don't want to have any restrictions on how they live their lives. and their agenda is to make ALL live their way, which is their non belief ( Hedonistic) which is a form of anarchy government wise.It is showing up quite well in society as a whole.I personally don't care if you or anyone else believes as I believe, That is not my Job ! My job as a christian is to state/tell the principles of the scriptures,If you except ? Great ! If not, as far as I am concerned continue to live your own way. One of us is right and one of us is wrong ? We shall see. S/F Marine Carry on ! :)