PDA

View Full Version : Dan Daly, Bad $ss of the Week

USNAviator
06-03-10, 07:02 PM
Marines

Buddy of mine sent this, a retired one star. For those of you who were taught about Dan Daly in Boot, might jog a few memories. Enjoy

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/daly.html

usmc3521
06-03-10, 07:28 PM
LMAO! That was awesome and funny as hell!!

USNAviator
06-03-10, 07:31 PM
Marines

Buddy of mine sent this, a retired one star. For those of you who were taught about Dan Daly in Boot, might jog a few memories. Enjoy

I sent this on without reading it. I apologize for doing so. It's crap! Whoever wrote this knows very little about military service. Marines are not soldiers, they did not emerge from Basic. The language is over the top.

Sorry to have posted such drivel. I'm sure there are better, more well written articles about Daly.

This coming from a "one star" certainly qualifies as a cluster f$ck. I've called him on it :thumbdown

Dan

Wyoming
06-03-10, 07:45 PM
Dan, BTDT, and the sting burns, but you'll live.

Irregardless, Dan Daly was a bad ass.

USNAviator
06-03-10, 07:53 PM
Dan, BTDT, and the sting burns, but you'll live.

Irregardless, Dan Daly was a bad ass.

Thanks Al, I just thought the way it was written was insulting to the Gunny and your Corps. I'm old school. Kinda surprised my buddy would send it on but then he's Navy ;)

Yes Dan Daly was one major Bad Ass. Imagine being 44 and in front line combat??

Dan

USNAviator
06-03-10, 07:56 PM
LMAO! That was awesome and funny as hell!!

Despite how I feel about it, I'm glad you enjoyed. I guess that was the whole purpose. I'm a little slow about things like this ;)

Danny C Smith
06-03-10, 08:00 PM
Hey Boss,
The fact that it was a load of bull puckey don't
make it any less fun:thumbup:
I laughed my sorry a$$ off.
Wife was like"what's your problem?"
Thanks for posting this Sir.

Smitty:usmc:

USNAviator
06-03-10, 08:02 PM
Hey Boss,
The fact that it was a load of bull puckey don't
make it any less fun:thumbup:
I laughed my sorry a$$ off.
Wife was like"what's your problem?"
Thanks for posting this Sir.

Smitty:usmc:

Thanks Smitty :thumbup:

Integrity57
06-03-10, 08:04 PM
I know the site it came fom Commander, it's mainly geared toward younger people and the author tries to add some humor to the profiles he does. He's not very accurate in some of the discriptions of events that happened but most are pretty humorous and entertaining. Just a couple weeks ago he profiled the English sniper who broke the world-record for longest range kill, beating out that Canadian sniper's previous record, and that story was less imaginative then most of the others.

USNAviator
06-03-10, 08:09 PM
I know the site it came fom Commander, it's mainly geared toward younger people and the author tries to add some humor to the profiles he does. He's not very accurate in some of the discriptions of events that happened but most are pretty humorous and entertaining. Just a couple weeks ago he profiled the English sniper who broke the world-record for longest range kill, beating out that Canadian sniper's previous record, and that story was less imaginative then most of the others.

That would explain the writing style, over the top for any adult. Thank you for the intel. :thumbup:

AAV Crewchief
06-03-10, 08:48 PM
Marines

Wow, Navy guy, WTF? Nice research skills there bro:thumbup: Now, it would be AWESOME if this little essay started out with, "No ****, there I was....." Are you really sure you were in the Navy and not the Corps?

AAV Crewchief
06-03-10, 08:50 PM
That would explain the writing style, over the top for any adult. Thank you for the intel. :thumbup:
Yeah, but it sounds like a story straight out of the E Club at Courthouse Bay told by some PFC or Lance Coolie after a deployment to the Med.

USNAviator
06-03-10, 08:54 PM
Wow, Navy guy, WTF? Nice research skills there bro:thumbup: Now, it would be AWESOME if this little essay started out with, "No ****, there I was....." Are you really sure you were in the Navy and not the Corps?

Only PLC, closet I ever got :thumbup:

ecfree
06-03-10, 09:12 PM
I've heard stories like that being told by E6's and above...:D
Don't make no differance.......

Bruce59
06-03-10, 10:14 PM
Here are three BAD ASSES

USNAviator
06-03-10, 10:31 PM
I've heard stories like that being told by E6's and above...:D
Don't make no differance.......

It's not a story. My friend is an O-7 did his 30. I was as an O-5 did my 20. We are and will remain friends. He sent that link to me from his idiot adopted son, without looking at it. I trusted his judgment, we were both wrong. No call on you Ecfree, it was my mistake to post it.. Anyone have a problem with that, take it private with me.

Rocky C
06-05-10, 07:35 AM
No Harm No Foul Dan..........
Shiat Happens......