PDA

View Full Version : People who say you were in the ARMY.

CplAllen
06-02-10, 05:46 AM
This ever happen to anyone else? Like, someone will introduce you to someone else and they will say "you were in the ARMY, right?" And when you correct them the're like "oh it's basically the same thing".

firedog974
06-02-10, 06:21 AM
This ever happen to anyone else? Like, someone will introduce you to someone else and they will say "you were in the ARMY, right?" And when you correct them the're like "oh it's basically the same thing".

To me it really ticks me off, since I actually was in the Army before the Corps. When someone calls me a "Soldier" I want to punch them in the throat and kill their children. Self control usually gets the best of me, so I usually just opt to politely correct them, and then kick 'em in the teeth. :thumbup:

devilbones
06-02-10, 06:22 AM
Happens all the time.

USMCM38A1
06-02-10, 06:33 AM
Oh look an Army jeep ,no it's a Marine Corps Jeep .Same thing right :No it has full fording gear and says USMC in 3 inch letters on the hood and has lifting eyes for air and sea op drops,it is deep forest green semi gloss not olive drab .So it is not an ****ing Army jeep so no now your kid can't have his picture in it.It is cool when a Vietnam era Marine see it because they remember them immediatley and know what an USMCM38A1 is .

brecon65
06-02-10, 08:08 AM
I usually reply "No, I wasn't in the army, I was on active duty.

Danny C Smith
06-02-10, 08:13 AM
What really ticks me off is being refered to as "soldier".
When I say no, Marine. Some will say same thing right?
Then I politely school them in their error.

Smitty:usmc:

AKA HITMAN
06-02-10, 09:21 AM
What really ticks me off is being refered to as "soldier".
When I say no, Marine. Some will say same thing right?
Then I politely school them in their error.

Roger that Smitty..My brother (retired Army) once asked me why Marines don't have a butt load of ribbons and pretty ropes and neat berets...I replied "Marines don't suit up like circus clowns"...I mean c'mon he had rows of ribbons and braided ropes hanging off him everywhere...I did recognize the "parallel parking service ribbon" and the "I showed up for work today ribbon"...Soldiers? I think not.

awbrown1462
06-02-10, 09:35 AM
I tell them I was in the real service and when they say what i say the Marines
it takes 3 Marine Div and 3 Air Wings to do the same job as the whole Army and Air Force

kenrobg30
06-02-10, 11:30 AM
I correct them, and walk away. Most of them are civilians, who never served, and don't know any better. I don't cultivate their friendship, but I hve had a few, who apollogized, for the error. Them I can live with. Most former servicemen, just ask what outfit you served with. If the person asking, is wearing a cap, as I do, usually they have some badge, or script on it, indicating their branch of service. I'm seldom without mine. The guys who p--- me off, are the old dudes, who look at your cap, and curl their lips, and tell me, they were in a REAL war. (WWII) I got this once, from two guys, a short time ago. One of them was Vice-Commander of his American Legion post. The other one, I was told, was The Commander of his VFW Post. I asked them how much combat they had seen. Neither of them had seen Combat. I turned my back and walked away. They weren't worth the effort, or the explaination, to a cop. :marine: S/F!!! Ken

BJKpfaller
06-02-10, 12:39 PM
definition of stress:
When the mind overcomes the bodies natural inclination to throttle the living crap out of some idiot who really deserves it!!!!

il duce
06-02-10, 08:19 PM
Seems like on a weekly basis

One girl I work with was running her mouth in the employee breakroom one day. She didnt know Im a Marine but several others did... she was explaining that her boyfriend had just completed 'army Boot Camp' and when another employee corrected her, her exact response was "they're the same, Marines are the special forces division of the Army"

I was going to let that one go but the Gung Ho Poolee fixing his salad schooled her

ecfree
06-02-10, 08:29 PM
I tell them I was in the real service and when they say what i say the Marines
it takes 3 Marine Div and 3 Air Wings to do the same job as the whole Army and Air Force
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

SGT7477
06-02-10, 09:30 PM
I correct them, and walk away. Most of them are civilians, who never served, and don't know any better. I don't cultivate their friendship, but I hve had a few, who apollogized, for the error. Them I can live with. Most former servicemen, just ask what outfit you served with. If the person asking, is wearing a cap, as I do, usually they have some badge, or script on it, indicating their branch of service. I'm seldom without mine. The guys who p--- me off, are the old dudes, who look at your cap, and curl their lips, and tell me, they were in a REAL war. (WWII) I got this once, from two guys, a short time ago. One of them was Vice-Commander of his American Legion post. The other one, I was told, was The Commander of his VFW Post. I asked them how much combat they had seen. Neither of them had seen Combat. I turned my back and walked away. They weren't worth the effort, or the explaination, to a cop. :marine: S/F!!! Ken Right on brother,:thumbup:. Semper Fidelis.

SGT7477
06-02-10, 09:33 PM
Roger that Smitty..My brother (retired Army) once asked me why Marines don't have a butt load of ribbons and pretty ropes and neat berets...I replied "Marines don't suit up like circus clowns"...I mean c'mon he had rows of ribbons and braided ropes hanging off him everywhere...I did recognize the "parallel parking service ribbon" and the "I showed up for work today ribbon"...Soldiers? I think not.
I will never forget what our SDI said, the army looks like a fvckin bunch of Christmas trees with all the trinkets they wear on their dress uniform,lol, Never Forget, Semper Fidelis.

JimEnglish
06-02-10, 09:55 PM
Happens all the time for me, too. But the best one was when I was on leave after boot camp.

I got into town late and I was hungry. I went down the street to a 24hr cafe. I was still in my Alpha uniform. Some jerk in the restauant said loudly "Hey, look at the army guy". This woman got up, pointed at me and declared (even louder) "That's no army guy, THAT MAN IS A MARINE!".

Made my day.

thewookie
06-02-10, 10:29 PM
I just don't think some people really know and/or recognize/understand the difference. I've had a few people say it over the years and I'm quick to correct them; but, they just don't know any better is all I really think.

On a side note, some of the funniest, but most unsat things/people I ever saw in my eight years was at Army Airborne or jump school. Too many funny things to list, but trust me it's just like that movie Stripes (for those of you who are old enough).

:usmc:

DocGreek
06-02-10, 11:02 PM
:evilgrin:...."OH!....you were a MEDIC???"....:evilgrin:

firedog974
06-02-10, 11:07 PM
...."OH!....you were a MEDIC???"....:evilgrin:

::DThat is funny as **** Doc......Of course, that rates an ass kickin'..:evilgrin:

The DUKE
06-02-10, 11:24 PM
I gotta tell you guys , this post site really makes my day sometimes. Theres stuff I havent remembered for years and years,but then Ill read something on here and bamm right to the forefront of the old thinking cap and it all rushs in like yesterday. Back in the day I was working for this aerospace company, I was in QC, we hired this temp for the overload, he was a "new" hippie, since this was late eighties. well everyone in my dept knew well that I was in the corp and damn proud of it with no qualms to silence about telling someone who stepped over the line of respect. So one day were working and this hippie starts going off about how wicked and evil the US is because we start most of the wars and all were good at is bringing death and destrucion to poor innocent couintries who dont want us there anyway but we stick our nose in so we can rape them of their natural resources and ****, I mean on and on and on. Man I had had just about enough of this ****, I walked over to his stool ( no not that kind of stool) his chair, and I let him have a freaking earfull about all I ever hear out of him is his *****ing about the country, well who the hell does he thinks make sure his hippie ass mouth can do that, who does he thinks make sure him and his tree hugger hippie skank can go out and protest about whatever they feel like, and who is it that makes sure hes making a good salary here in the aerospace feild, who the hell does he thinks makes sure he owns his own car, has his own apartment, has the right to go out to his vegetarian dinners on the weekends, man I must have made quite a ruccass cause the nex thing I notice is my boss standing in his office door and everyone else is up out of their chairs and watrching me rail this long hair a new ******* for ****s and giggles, well when I finfihsed he just sat there and looked at me like he was going to cry, I turned around and my boss just smiled and shook his head and went back into his office, everybody else did the same, the next day he quit, never came back and I never heard a word about it. Damn I never felt so good.

Danny C Smith
06-03-10, 09:13 AM
:thumbup:
Never knew a Gunny that wasn't ready and
waiting to tear a sh$%bag a new one.

Damm glad I wasn't there:D

Danny C Smith
06-03-10, 09:15 AM
:evilgrin:...."OH!....you were a MEDIC???"....:evilgrin:

Dang, that is just plain dangerous.

SGT7477
06-06-10, 06:21 PM
Happens all the time for me, too. But the best one was when I was on leave after boot camp.

I got into town late and I was hungry. I went down the street to a 24hr cafe. I was still in my Alpha uniform. Some jerk in the restauant said loudly "Hey, look at the army guy". This woman got up, pointed at me and declared (even louder) "That's no army guy, THAT MAN IS A MARINE!".

Made my day.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

farley6
06-07-10, 02:54 AM
These are great recollections, can't wait till I earn the title of U.S Marine and have funny stories like such...

"Never Give Up Never Surrender"...(NGUNS)

usmcmsf
06-07-10, 02:59 AM
When that happens, I usally stone-cold stun their ass and put my nuts on their face.

boomer56328
06-07-10, 03:27 AM
When that happens, I usally stone-cold stun their ass and put my nuts on their face.

That's freakin funny. I also like that quote you got in your signature. What's it from?