PDA

View Full Version : Biden and Obama

USNAviator
05-31-10, 01:50 PM
Biden Pays Tribute at Arlington as Obama Memorial Day Event is Rained Out

Published May 31, 2010
| FOXNews.com

<!-- /user-interaction --> As President Obama was trapped in rain trying to pay his respects to America's war dead Monday at a ceremony in Illinois, Vice President Biden spoke at a sunny Arlington National Cemetery to offer words of respect to the fallen and a solemn tribute to troops now fighting to secure America from new enemies.

In Elwood, Ill., Obama's trip to the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery was disrupted by a torrential downpour complete with lightning. The president stood under a large umbrella at the podium to ask guests at the event to return to their cars while the storm passed but the president's car ended up leaving the site midday as the rain continued to fall.

We don't want to endanger anyone, particularly children in the audience. So I'd ask everybody to very calmly, move back to your cars. I'm going to move back to mine. We will wait to make sure that the thunder has passed. A little bit of rain doesn't hurt anybody but we don't want anybody being struck by lightning. God bless you everybody," the president said as the audience cleared out.

He waited at an administration building for about a half hour, but the crowd, which included Illinois Sens. Dick Durbin and Roland Burris, dispersed after being notified the president left.

Back in Arlington, Vice President Biden first laid the wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns at the cemetery on the other side of the Potomac River from Washington, D.C., a tradition Obama participated in last year during his first year of his presidency.

Biden then assumed the air of a commander-in-chief, saying that the United States has the best fighting force ever assembled.

"This is the finest military the world has ever produced. Period," Biden said from the memorial amphitheater.

Thanks Joe, tough luck Barry. Maybe you should have stayed in town!!

cw2533
05-31-10, 01:59 PM
Sad that we have a Commander in Chief who couldn't wait out the rain to honor our fallen men and women. I guess he had to go have a drink with friends.

OLE SARG
05-31-10, 02:20 PM
Yeh, he's a real fvcking winner (sarcastic as hell)!!!!!!!!!!!! Poorest excuse E V E R for a pussy in chief!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

DanM
05-31-10, 03:48 PM
I guess you would like to stand in a thunder storm holding a lightning rod,I haven't seen a toasted Marine in a long time.

ARTYPIG
05-31-10, 04:00 PM
He doesn't rate to lay a wreath at the unknowns. He probably left the ceremony to go to his mosque and ask the Imam's how to further destroy America.

tuboe
05-31-10, 05:30 PM
He wasn't the only one to be rained on at the Memorial Day Ceremonies. It rained at the Idaho State Veterans Cemetery, Dispite the rain, the service came to a full conclusion. I was proud to be there.

USNAviator
05-31-10, 05:48 PM
He wasn't the only one to be rained on at the Memorial Day Ceremonies. It rained at the Idaho State Veterans Cemetery, Dispite the rain, the service came to a full conclusion. I was proud to be there.

:thumbup:

Old Marine
05-31-10, 07:22 PM
Sounds to me like the Presidental Office of the U.S was duly represented.

All the whiners need to shed their sheets and dunce caps and burn their crosses somewhere else.

mcvet57103
06-01-10, 05:21 PM
Seems to me the creater was making a statement about OTurd's lack of true respect for our fallen heroes, and this nation. Too bad he ducked the Creaters reaction to his disrespect by hiding out under an umbrella. I'd love a chance to whizz on his sorry azz. I "Hope" I live long enough to visit his grave and "change" that chance to an acomplished goal.