PDA

View Full Version : MARSOC MWD Teams

CQB0316
05-29-10, 10:25 PM
Does anyone know exactly how this program works? Any MWD handlers on here who have done a deployment with MARSOC? Its almost time for re-enlistment and im just trying to lay my cards out right now.

DocGreek
05-29-10, 10:30 PM
:evilgrin:.....Got a NAME???.....NUMBNUTS!!!.....:evilgrin:

CQB0316
05-29-10, 11:15 PM
Where I come from they only gave us numbers. :-)

LandsNGrooves
05-29-10, 11:21 PM
Try Marsocs recruiting .

Thanks for posting BTW. Im sure you get this alot but how close are 16's to SWCC guys and how do you become a 16? Do you have to go to FAST 1st?

CQB0316
05-29-10, 11:23 PM
Try Marsocs recruiting .

Thanks for posting BTW. Im sure you get this alot but how close are 16's to SWCC guys and how do you become a 16? Do you have to go to FAST 1st?

I tried it, all it says is they have MWD Teams. Doesnt give any specifics. 16's to SWCC is like apples to oranges. SWCC's hands down have the best job when it comes to boats. You have to go through the Amphibious Raid Coxswain Course at EWTGPAC. And no, I became a 16 after I went to 2/7.

LandsNGrooves
05-29-10, 11:32 PM
Cool thanks for the info. I was dumb in choosing a pog MOS thinking I was doing the grown up, responsible thing. Im thinking of going SWCC after my MC enlistment is up.

I can ask some people around, but Im guessing they wont know.

CQB0316
05-29-10, 11:34 PM
Cool thanks for the info. I was dumb in choosing a pog MOS thinking I was doing the grown up, responsible thing. Im thinking of going SWCC after my MC enlistment is up.

I can ask some people around, but Im guessing they wont know.

Thanks man. And trust me, if this MWD gig falls through im HIGHLY considering going SWCC when my enlistment is up.

LandsNGrooves
05-29-10, 11:47 PM
Very Cool. MarSoc is a strange beast to me. The operators go thru 9 months of training, tons of follow ons and lang, and dont even get a PMOS?GAY. The Marine Corps is trying to low ball this just like everything else. Other services def dont run Tier 2 guys back out to the nasty masses.

CQB0316
05-29-10, 11:52 PM
Very Cool. MarSoc is a strange beast to me. The operators go thru 9 months of training, tons of follow ons and lang, and dont even get a PMOS?GAY. The Marine Corps is trying to low ball this just like everything else. Other services def dont run Tier 2 guys back out to the nasty masses.

Its gonna change if it already hasnt. If they do a forced recycle, the operators will want to at least go to a Force company. If the Marine Corps wont let them, they will be loosing their best operators to other branches. Going back to a victor unit after MARSOC would be like sending Barry Bonds back to college. There never going to stand for that.

CQB0316
05-29-10, 11:55 PM
Anyway, id like to get back to the original post. We could drag the MARSOC thing on for 12 pages. Any MWD's out there have any experience with these boys?