PDA

View Full Version : I saw on TV a pile of TBS students got caught cheating

Garyius
05-28-10, 07:43 AM
Sorry, no link yet.

I saw a bunch of TBS students got caught cheating at land nav, including some Navy Academy football team members. They got kicked out.

One of them is happy because now he can go pro-football.

USNAviator
05-28-10, 07:57 AM
Got this from the Marine Times: :thumbdown <br />
<br />
13 officers fired in cheating scandal <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
By Amy McCullough - Staff writer <br />
Posted : Thursday May 27, 2010 20:34:55 EDT <br />
&lt;form id=&quot;hidden&quot;&gt;...

USNAviator
05-28-10, 08:15 AM
Just my two cents

The Corps is better off without them. If they cheated and I'm sure took other short cuts during training then they will do the same while leading Marines in combat. Only in combat, if you cheat or take a short cut, someone dies

Dan

rojimowi
06-19-10, 10:14 AM
The five women will probably hire Gloria Allred for counsel.

Lynn2
06-19-10, 10:36 AM
http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ballard_adam00.html

Ballard may in fact have a pay day in front of him. No one produces full backs any better than the USNA.

He is a good one.

I agree though with the statement about being a jock at the USNA and trying to balance all that stuff. I do not know how they do it.

One of mine was a Grad and a varsity jock at the USNA. 21 semester hours....really tough semester hours.....during the season. He was a walking zombie for weeks on end.

USNAviator
06-19-10, 10:41 AM
http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ballard_adam00.html

Ballard may in fact have a pay day in front of him. No one produces full backs any better than the USNA.

He is a good one.

I agree though with the statement about being a jock at the USNA and trying to balance all that stuff. I do not know how they do it.

One of mine was a Grad and a varsity jock at the USNA. 21 semester hours....really tough semester hours.....during the season. He was a walking zombie for weeks on end.

I agree Doc, Ballard was a great full back as was Kyle Eckel. I think Eckel is with the Eagles now

Not many Academy grads in the pros in any sport. IMO, Staubach was the best of them all

Vandrel
06-19-10, 11:14 AM
If a commissioned officer needs to cheat on land nav then they have no business leading Marines....... Period

gwamo1
06-19-10, 12:27 PM
Sorry, no link yet.

I saw a bunch of TBS students got caught cheating at land nav, including some Navy Academy football team members. They got kicked out.

One of them is happy because now he can go pro-football.

God where have you been, this has been around for like 2-3 weeks.......

Old Marine
06-19-10, 03:24 PM
I agree Doc, Ballard was a great full back as was Kyle Eckel. I think Eckel is with the Eagles now

Not many Academy grads in the pros in any sport. IMO, Staubach was the best of them all

Doc Blanchard was pretty good.:evilgrin:

USNAviator
06-19-10, 04:38 PM
Doc Blanchard was pretty good.:evilgrin:

Absolutely Gunny, Blanchard and Davis Mr Inside and Mr Outside. And Pete Dawkins was at the Point as well, The Lonesome End. I believe he's a retired Lt Gen.

Over at Navy in addition to Staubach you had Joe Bellino. It's hard to conceive of now but Navy had two Heisman winners within 3 years

Lynn2
06-19-10, 04:42 PM
"It's hard to conceive of now but Navy had two Heisman winners within 3 years"

With just a little luck, no injuries, and a decent line they may have someone in the running this year. Their QB will get some Heisman talk for sure.

I doubt he would win. But.........

USNAviator
06-19-10, 04:46 PM
"It's hard to conceive of now but Navy had two Heisman winners within 3 years"

With just a little luck, no injuries, and a decent line they may have someone in the running this year. Their QB will get some Heisman talk for sure.

I doubt he would win. But.........

Thought he had graduated Doc, obviously I'm wrong. And I agree, that kid is great!!! I get to a few games every year. Special place to watch a game

Garyius
06-20-10, 09:55 AM
God where have you been, this has been around for like 2-3 weeks.......

Not sure if serious. Just in case you were, I posted this thread about three weeks ago.

If you were joking, maybe you should use one of the smilies.

Lynn2
06-20-10, 01:12 PM
http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061010aaa.html

Dan, Ricky Dobbs will be back for one more year.

Considering the numbers he has put up the last two years he is quite well known. I expect he will in fact get a lot of attention from the voters.

By all accounts a great guy