PDA

View Full Version : Squadron / Unit Orders?

Zac4g63
05-27-10, 10:23 PM
Is there a such thing as a Squadron or Unit order if so where could I find them?

Long Story short 2d MAW Specific; MCO 1050.1B (http://www.marines.mil/unit/2ndmaw/WingAdjDocuments/WgO%201050.1X%20Ch1.PDF) states 450 "Mile" Special Liberty limit for 96's on Page 4 and illustrates a map in nautical miles as an enclosure on Page 12, although I am being told there is a Squadron Order which states the limits are in "Driving Miles" although I have had no luck tracking these orders down..

Quinbo
05-28-10, 09:14 AM
S-1 should be able to help you out with this or you can just accept it as gospel and ask for an out of bounds chit.

All sorts of bad things will happen to you if you exceed the set boundries and get hurt, get sick, get put in jail and you are outside the limit. Aren't liberty briefs given any more?

Are you in Hawaii?

FattyTheFerret
05-28-10, 12:15 PM
Wings, Groups and Sqdns can all have their own sets of orders in addition to their parent unit's orders. I assume Divisions, Battalions and Companies can do the same.

As Bulkyker said, check with S-1. They should have a whole stack of them bindered or stapled or even bound together to hand out.

Zulu 36
05-28-10, 01:16 PM
In my day, liberty bounds were in "as the crow flies" miles from whatever point on the base they measured it from. Usually base HQ.