05-24-10, 08:57 PM
Recruiter charged with intoxication manslaughter <br />
<br />
By Eva Ruth Moravec and Valentino Lucio - Express-News <br />
05/20/2010 9:16 CDT <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
A U.S. Marine recruiter was charged with intoxication...

Old Marine
05-24-10, 09:04 PM
Maybe this guy was living a Tiger Woods fantasy.

Garyius
05-25-10, 08:50 AM
A few years ago, recruiter officers were making recruiters who didn't meet their goals make 'death drives'. They would order the recruiter to drive across a state, report to them, PT the crap out of...

Khraine
06-07-10, 09:53 PM
I know Serda. I highly doubt he was trying to live the Tiger Woods life. Sounds to me like what happens to everyone on recruiting duty, work all day, get drunk and get home.

Only he happened to crash either from sleep or booze.

"Everyone does stupid Sh*t everyday, only some get caught"

usmc3521
06-07-10, 10:36 PM
you would think a Marine SNCO would have better judgement. Sadly there is always that "10 pct"

There is NO EXCUSE for drunk driving PERIOD.

Khraine
06-08-10, 02:16 AM
There is no excuse for claiming someone is bottom of the barrel if you don't know them.

firedog974
06-08-10, 02:21 AM
There is no excuse for claiming someone is bottom of the barrel if you don't know them.

Very true. I have done it, so I am not casting stones here, but, when we as Marines do not give our brothers the right to a trial by jury to judge their guilt or innocence, we are no better than that POS Murtha. Just my opinion. :flag:

Juicemang
06-09-10, 02:14 PM
Find me a Marine who hasn't made the mistake of driving drunk at one point and I'll find you a brave hajji. Not gonna happen.

Rocky C
06-09-10, 05:40 PM
You just found one.........

Semper Fi,
Rocky

crazymjb
06-09-10, 06:28 PM
I can show you a Marine right here who hasn't driven drunk before. This is something that is almost encouraged, and is not seen as a big deal in the Marine Corps. It's sad, but it happens all the time. People get less of a punishment for a DUI vs smoking weed on their time off and countless other things that are more petty. It's unfortunately much worse than "10%" of Marines who drive drunk, even good Marines, and hopefully the Corps continues to work to curb it.

Mike

USNAviator
06-09-10, 06:35 PM
I can show you a Marine right here who hasn't driven drunk before. This is something that is almost encouraged, and is not seen as a big deal in the Marine Corps. It's sad, but it happens all the time. People get less of a punishment for a DUI vs smoking weed on their time off and countless other things that are more petty. It's unfortunately much worse than "10%" of Marines who drive drunk, even good Marines, and hopefully the Corps continues to work to curb it.

Mike

I'm a Squid whose never driven while intoxicated. I was not about to throw away my career and my training. Yes, I've been drunk many times but never got behind a wheel. Even before it was popular, we always had someone who stayed sober and got us all home safely. Gave it up years ago, not worth it. Enjoyed my family and my life too much to put either in harms way

usmc3521
06-09-10, 07:09 PM
I am literally an alcoholic(j/k) and have NEVER got behind the wheel and driven buzzed let alone drunk. I know many Marines who havent as well.

This Marine may be a good person and could have had a spotless record and lifestyle, the minute he got behind the wheel drunk and killed someone that ALL WENT AWAY. In my book and Im sure many others there is no excuse for it. How about for you Marines who are making excuses for this guy, go talk to the Mother, Father, Brother Sister of a person who was killed by a drunk driver.