PDA

View Full Version : reenlistment codes

Bryson
05-24-10, 05:30 PM
Looking for a bit of a nudge in the right direction here. I am trying to extend my IRR contract and go into a reserve unit near my hometown. Apparently I have a RE3C code on my DD-214 with no further comments I googled it and got "Reenlistment authorized by CMC only. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Conscientious Objector"

Needless to say I am not a Coscientious Objector. I requested my OMPF and been researching on how to get this thing changed so I am good to go. The Prior Service recruiter said he would talk to his Gunny, I have not heard anything back since. just wondering if I should go a different direction

usmc3521
05-24-10, 07:04 PM
so lets start here, how long were you in, why were you discharged(what discharge do you have) etc. There is a reason you were given that re code. They dont just throw them out lightly. If I know the...

Bryson
05-24-10, 07:41 PM
Hey thanks for the reply. <br />
<br />
I got out after 4 years, Honorable discharge I am done with my IRR in September 2010. I dont know if pros and cons average in service are 4.4, 4.4. I was NJP'd in 2004...

stretchusa
05-24-10, 07:51 PM
I am baffled the Prior Service Recruiter is also baffled. As i stated before I requested my OMPF apparently there is supposed to be a memo in there stating the reason why. I really hope it was a mistake and can be corrected.
You are correct you have to sign a Pg 11 for any negative renlistment codes. If it isn't there, then it is a mistake.

Bryson
05-24-10, 07:55 PM
You are correct you have to sign a Pg 11 for any negative renlistment codes. If it isn't there, then it is a mistake.

Really? yeah no page 11's. Thanks

usmc3521
05-24-10, 08:09 PM
good point, you would have to have signed under the re3c

<TABLE dir=ltr border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=7 width=601><TBODY><TR><TD height=35 vAlign=top>
Code When Assigned Remarks RE-3C When directed by CMC or when not eligible and disqualifying factor is not covered by any other code.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE dir=ltr border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=7 width=601><TBODY><TR><TD height=35 vAlign=top>
SRB entry required stating reason for assignment. Individual Marine must sign SRB entry. CMC authority required for reenlistment

contact USMC MMER Branch, they handle re enlistment codes 703 784 9204

Bryson
05-24-10, 08:17 PM
good point, you would have to have signed under the re3c

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=7 width=601 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top height=35>Code When Assigned Remarks

RE-3C When directed by CMC or when not eligible and disqualifying factor is not covered by any other code.

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=7 width=601 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top height=35>SRB entry required stating reason for assignment. Individual Marine must sign SRB entry. CMC authority required for reenlistment

contact USMC MMER Branch, they handle re enlistment codes 703 784 9204

Awesome man thanks for the info I will give them a call first thing in the morning.

Bryson
05-25-10, 08:05 AM
Just wanted to say thanks I just called and they are changing my RE-3C to an RE-1A. There were no remarks about why I had that specific code. I need to fill out a DD-149 and fax it over and they will put in the changes today.

Thanks again

Semper Fi