PDA

View Full Version : Time To Forget

firstsgtmike
09-11-03, 09:04 PM
Thursday, September 11, 2003

By Neil Cavuto
Fox News

Everyone is using the Sept. 11 anniversary to say we shall never forget. I have a somewhat different take: I "want" us to forget.

I want us to forget about feeling secure here and remember we are vulnerable here.

I want us to forget about thinking if we just leave bad guys alone, they will leave us alone. They will not.

I want us to forget about pretending evil elsewhere can't hit us here. It does and it will.

I want us to forget about assuming our friends will always be there and remember that most won't.

I want us to forget about the many things we did wrong that day and remember the many things we did right since that day.

I want us to forget, for a moment, about our guard that was down. But remember our hearts that were up and hearts that were filled.

I want us to forget about the nasty things we did to strangers before that day. But remember the remarkable kindnesses we showed for at least a few days "after" that day.

I want us to forget about thinking it's all about how much we have and remember it's more important who we have.

I want us to forget about making huge plans for tomorrow and remember about savoring the moments today.

I want us to forget about thinking of the size of the memorial. Just the impact of the memory.

And forget about thinking people will never forget. They do. We can't.