PDA

View Full Version : A Dreamworld

CalmaSAdkisson
05-23-10, 03:21 PM
seek to explain access consciousness and phenomenal consciousness in terms of neural events occurring within the brain.

Which simply stated means the physical mechanism that shuts down the conscious from sub-conscious is mal-functioning.

I wonder if PTSD is the same. Or even bi-polar. My conscious mind is flooded constantly with thoughts . I'm drawn to visuals. Color.

I'm not easily understood.

And its hard to stop, to say quit, do something else, try with every thing you have, and it still doesn't go away.

Medication eases it but does not cure it.

This is ****ed.

:call:

Lisa 23
05-23-10, 03:56 PM
How about using some darker color for your text. That light color is a bit hard to read.

USNAviator
05-23-10, 04:25 PM
How about using some darker color for your text. That light color is a bit hard to read.

I would have to agree with WMarine, Miss Calma. It's hard on the eyes and difficult to read. Y'all have a good night Ma'am

kenrobg30
05-23-10, 04:30 PM

Thank you Lisa, this old Jarhead is gratefull!! S/F!!! Ken

sparkie
05-23-10, 05:25 PM
And quit worshipping your dilema.

tdrt
05-23-10, 05:33 PM
And quit worshipping your dilema.

Amen to that

sparkie
05-23-10, 05:34 PM
Thanx for the backup, Troy. We just smell things.

Rocky C
05-23-10, 05:48 PM
The Marine you are speaking about suffers from PTSD and is not Coping well today from the PM I received this afternoon.

Just sayin,,,,,,,,,,,,

Semper Fi,
Rocky

sparkie
05-23-10, 06:13 PM
Ok, Fine,,,,, But what help Do we dwarves of the net offer? Hide and seek don't help much, do it? Heard no talk o doctors, Or solutions.

Rocky C
05-23-10, 06:44 PM
Ok, Fine,,,,, But what help Do we dwarves of the net offer? Hide and seek don't help much, do it? Heard no talk o doctors, Or solutions.

I agree Sparkie.
4 members of this forum were sent the same PM by her.
Advise was given by PM.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

CalmaSAdkisson
05-23-10, 07:00 PM
That black jumping out at me from that white background hurts my eyes. If you dont mind, I'll keep the color. (Not worshipping, using my new disibility advantages) Kinda like a golf handicap. This is par for the course for me..................

Lisa 23
05-23-10, 07:05 PM
Well, that color you are continuing to use on a white background, jumps out at the rest of us and hurts our eyes. So...don't expect to many responses to any of your posts with that bright color on a white background.

CalmaSAdkisson
05-23-10, 07:10 PM
Is that like majority wins, or might I say, I hadn't intented interjecting myself, was hoping to hear from others.....................................

USNAviator
05-23-10, 07:13 PM
Well, that color you are continuing to use on a white background, jumps out at the rest of us and hurts our eyes. So...don't expect to many responses to any of your posts with that bright color on a white background.

As usual right behind ya birthday girl!! :thumbup:

But it's a valid point Miss Calma. Can you switch to something that we can all agree on? How about red or light blue? We are trying to help you Ma'am

sparkie
05-23-10, 07:17 PM
I'm so outta here,

CalmaSAdkisson
05-23-10, 07:32 PM
Light blue it is.

USNAviator
05-23-10, 07:43 PM
Light blue it is.

Thank you Ma'am, much easier on these old Virginia eyes. Y'all stay well!!

tdrt
05-23-10, 08:13 PM
I'm so outta here,

right behind ya

Lisa 23
05-23-10, 08:20 PM
I'm so outta here,

right behind ya

Hey, wait for me! :D

Wyoming
05-23-10, 08:50 PM
**** me to tears.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are/

CalmaSAdkisson
05-23-10, 09:00 PM
Glad they left.

Hate interruptions for no reason.

Big Jim
05-23-10, 09:27 PM
Glad they left.

Hate interruptions for no reason.

Hey now lady....they were just asking for clarification on what you meant....as am I. Those are my friends and as I'm sure you can understand the deal with your too lightly colored font definitely IS much too difficult to be seen easily. That's all they wanted.....and so did I. Thank you by the way.

But you will get more positive results to ANY of your responses if they weren't so sarcastic, please...that's all I'm saying.

CalmaSAdkisson
05-23-10, 09:50 PM
An American Holocaust: One of History's Best Kept Secrets

Based on figures obtained from the Center for Mental Health Services in 1994 and statistics obtained from the 1995 Funk & Wagnalls "World Almanac and Book of Facts" Page 163: Between 1950 and 1964, more people died in United States federal, state and county "mental institutions" than the number of Americans killed in the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Mexican War, the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, World War I, World War II, the Korean War, Vietnam, and the Persian Gulf War combined.

Obviously, we have never learned anything from the mistakes of history, because aside from taxes and death there is one more thing of which we can be certain: what we sow - that shall we reap.

Not sure what to tell you ~ just trying to get candid thoughts about how others see me. I think in broad general terms and others can zero in on things I cant.

Big Jim
05-23-10, 10:03 PM
An American Holocaust: One of History's Best Kept Secrets

Based on figures obtained from the Center for Mental Health Services in 1994 and statistics obtained from the 1995 Funk & Wagnalls "World Almanac and Book of Facts" Page 163: Between 1950 and 1964, more people died in United States federal, state and county "mental institutions" than the number of Americans killed in the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Mexican War, the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, World War I, World War II, the Korean War, Vietnam, and the Persian Gulf War combined.

Obviously, we have never learned anything from the mistakes of history, because aside from taxes and death there is one more thing of which we can be certain: what we sow - that shall we reap.

Not sure what to tell you ~ just trying to get candid thoughts about how others see me. I think in broad general terms and others can zero in on things I cant.

Ok...no offense meant.....thanks for the clarification.....

CalmaSAdkisson
05-23-10, 10:03 PM
Thinking about residential treatment, for my old age. Harvard.
Program and Services

The Dissociative Disorders and Trauma Program offers a variety of intensive services to meet patients’ needs effectively and flexibly. Acute inpatient hospitalization and partial hospital services with residential options are all available. Treatment plans are developed with a commitment to maintaining continuity when patients make a transition from one level of care to another.

CalmaSAdkisson
05-23-10, 10:59 PM
Oh magic haldol born of WWII, ease this in my mind.........................

DocGreek
05-23-10, 11:03 PM
UUMMMMM....Ms. Miller, are you of the opinion that you're suffering from PTSD? Also...are you currently being treated with meds, and therapy?
WHY are you seeking mental health advice here, on a public forum, and NOT from a professional?
MOST of your posts on Leatherneck, seem to be challenges, or attempts at confrontation.
AND NOW....you're showing an arrogant, unfriendly attitude....WHY? UUMMMMM.......make SURE that you POST on EVERY thread available....just to stir things up!!
It's been REAL!

DocGreek
05-23-10, 11:04 PM
i'm Waiting.....

DocGreek
05-23-10, 11:12 PM
:evilgrin:......STILL WAITING!!!!....:evilgrin:....is your name Atkisson, or Miller??....:evilgrin:

CalmaSAdkisson
05-23-10, 11:27 PM
I see most anything being posted in the forums. Why the prejudice and over the top concern?

CalmaSAdkisson
05-23-10, 11:31 PM
Not seeking mental health advice. More self image and wondering if other people were in my shoes if they would give up the comforts of home for the theraputic world. Do I bother you that much?

DocGreek
05-24-10, 06:45 AM
.....NO, you don't bother me. I'm very concerned that you're exposing your emotional problems, to strangers in an open forum.
"WE", will not try to judge, analyze, or recommend any type of therapy, that's appropriate for another person.
PLEASE....you're OVER-exposing yourself. Get professional help...not here, on Leatherneck.

USNAviator
05-24-10, 06:53 AM
.....NO, you don't bother me. I'm very concerned that you're exposing your emotional problems, to strangers in an open forum.
"WE", will not try to judge, analyze, or recommend any type of therapy, that's appropriate for another person.
PLEASE....you're OVER-exposing yourself. Get professional help...not here, on Leatherneck.

Good advice Doc :thumbup:

Big Jim
05-24-10, 06:59 AM
Good words Doc.....SEMPER FI......

Mongoose
05-24-10, 07:31 AM
Calma, in a different thread, who is it that married a woman when they came to the U.S.A.? I thought you were talking about yourself in that commentary.

Wyoming
05-24-10, 03:55 PM
I am ag ai n so to ta ll y lo st , I s ee m to h av e f al le n do wn a nd c an 't g et t o my m ed s. Fu ck m e to t ea rs .

Marine84
05-24-10, 05:34 PM
LOL at Bigal

CalmaSAdkisson
05-24-10, 06:53 PM
LOL, that was pretty funny. Just probing some brains around, is that not permissable? Is that a TOS?

ecfree
05-24-10, 07:14 PM
LOL, that was pretty funny. Just probing some brains around, is that not permissable? Is that a TOS?
Miss CALMA,please be vewy,vewy cawful while pwobing,you might catch something.........:D

Phantom Blooper
05-24-10, 08:48 PM
probing some brains around

Sounds like somebody already had a lobotomy.

:evilgrin:

The DUKE
05-24-10, 10:12 PM
What exactly is you you have PTSD from, your profile doesnt mention any combat experiance, is there something we should perhaps know about that happened in your civie life?

Sgt Leprechaun
05-25-10, 02:33 AM
Man, this is/was a confusing thread.

Bottom line...you gotta do what's right for YOU, not what might be right for the rest of US. If residential therapy is something you believe will help, then go for it. But only you can make that call.

Mongoose
05-25-10, 07:26 AM
Probing some brains around is a nice way to say I told a ****** lie.

Marine84
05-25-10, 07:44 AM
My meds make me feel like I'm in a dream world every now and then. Does that count?

Phantom Blooper
05-25-10, 07:51 AM
I think she ought to go on Oprah Winferys show....she owns Dreamworld!:evilgrin:

montana
05-25-10, 09:09 AM
you sound like you really do need to talk to a professioal.....that said without malice

Lynn2
05-25-10, 10:00 AM
<dl class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><dt class="shade">Wars and conflicts you were in involved in?</dt><dd>Gulf War, Beirut, Grenada</dd><dt class="shade">Combat History</dt><dd>None</dd></dl>Nothing makes less sense than an alleged ptsd pt with 3 wars under their belt and not one minute of combat.

Its not just Conn pols that take credit for wars they never fought in.

But when you allege a ptsd dx on a Marine Corps forum you are suggesting something.

Poser Pols....Posers....Poop.....they all have something in common.

gungygal48
05-25-10, 11:55 AM
for the sake of arguement is PTSD manifested only when one is involved in an armed conflict?

tdrt
05-25-10, 12:23 PM
for the sake of arguement is PTSD manifested only when one is involved in an armed conflict?

Excellent point.

duragliter
05-25-10, 12:32 PM
Although it's kinda' fun watching "Cal" drag people around by their chains...

I gotta' admit that for the most part it has been interesting.

Uh, I knew Marines that were at Beirut, Grenada, and The First Gulf War who never even checked their T/O weapon out of the Conex Box. So, it is possible...Not everyone is a Grunt, eh?

I do realize one thing, though: Ol' Cal is about twelve more times more interesting than most of you heathens...

Mongoose
05-25-10, 01:14 PM
Duraglit, why do you always knock the grunts around? Its not thier fault you couldnt make the cut! Crawl back in your P.C. Thats the only way you how to fight.

ecfree
05-25-10, 01:49 PM
Duraglit, why do you always knock the grunts around? Its not thier fault you couldnt make the cut! Crawl back in your P.C. Thats the only way you how to fight.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Lynn2
05-25-10, 02:02 PM

When you post on a military forum and "claim" ptsd as opposed to the every day run of the mill mental illness that civilians get then I have to say.....yes. Armed conflict or something related.

Or at least spell it out. In detail.

Because every joker that has "issues" that claims ptsd in a military setting that has not gone to war or something closely related steals from those who have and come back suffering because of it.

Spell it out. Because the number of fakers and liars I have seen post on this issue makes me sick. And not ptsd sick. Just vomit sick.

One WM I saw post for months about her Gulf War induced ptsd.....they found out she was in boot camp at the time. As bad or worse than Bloomy these liars are.

And this comes from a war vet that does not have it. But understands what it must be like to do so.

gungygal48
05-25-10, 02:11 PM
Point taken Lynn2 but that doesn't immediately arouse suspicion in me if someone claims to be suffering from it. Trauma comes in all manner of events combat related or otherwise. I could very well be a victim based on early childhood events in my life. Matters I certainly wouldn't discuss here. Thank goodness I came out the other side whole... Semper Fi Bro

Wyoming
05-25-10, 02:30 PM
I am so ****ing horney.

Ain't gonna happen tonight (2330) in burka land.

Good Night Chesty, wherever you are.

TLove250
05-25-10, 02:46 PM
Ma'am, I wish I could help. I am sorry, it really does not sound like all is ok with you. I work at a mental hospital, so I see all kinds of people in pain everyday. It's ok about the bright colors. I find that a quick click and drag with the mouse darkens the text up so I can read it.

If you are looking for help from fellow Marines, you may not find that help online. You may have to find a group to be with face to face, out in the real world. Conveying feelings over the internet is next to impossible, some will get it but the rest won't, especially if they are not going through what you are in the same way that you are.

tdrt
05-25-10, 02:54 PM
I am so ****ing horney.

Ain't gonna happen tonight (2330) in burka land.

Good Night Chesty, wherever you are.

LOL....Al.....pull up a burka and see what happens...

Rocky C
05-25-10, 03:01 PM
Ma'am, I wish I could help. I am sorry, it really does not sound like all is ok with you. I work at a mental hospital, so I see all kinds of people in pain everyday. It's ok about the bright colors. I find that a quick click and drag with the mouse darkens the text up so I can read it.

If you are looking for help from fellow Marines, you may not find that help online. You may have to find a group to be with face to face, out in the real world. Conveying feelings over the internet is next to impossible, some will get it but the rest won't, especially if they are not going through what you are in the same way that you are.

Well said LaTanya from a True Professional.:thumbup:

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Quinbo
05-25-10, 03:39 PM
Calma please do not consider this an attack. You really do need to fix your profile. If you are 23 years old then you could not possibly have been in the gulf war or beirut or grenada.

You see the gulf war occurred 19 years ago. Beirut occurred 27 years ago and there were no women stationed there.

Mongoose
05-25-10, 03:54 PM
Calma please do not consider this an attack. You really do need to fix your profile. If you are 23 years old then you could not possibly have been in the gulf war or beirut or grenada.

You see the gulf war occurred 19 years ago. Beirut occurred 27 years ago and there were no women stationed there.
profile says she graduated bootcamp 1981

Rocky C
05-25-10, 03:55 PM
profile says she graduated bootcamp 1981

:thumbup:

Quinbo
05-25-10, 03:59 PM
My mistake and my apology!
I had some how read that she was 23.... Ooops. Big Ooops. I'm sorry.

duragliter
05-25-10, 05:12 PM
If you think I seriously knock on Grunts then you are mistaken.

Grow some thicker skin, eh?

And to that end, Bulkicker wrote:

My mistake and my apology!
I had some how read that she was 23.... Ooops. Big Ooops. I'm sorry.

Grunt.

:)<------Better with a smiley face?

Quinbo
05-25-10, 05:19 PM
Duraglit you have not yet been trained in the fine art of the impossible sit up. I'll be glad to instruct.

CalmaSAdkisson
05-25-10, 06:53 PM
When you post on a military forum and "claim" ptsd as opposed to the every day run of the mill mental illness that civilians get then I have to say.....yes. Armed conflict or something related.

Or at least spell it out. In detail.

Because every joker that has "issues" that claims ptsd in a military setting that has not gone to war or something closely related steals from those who have and come back suffering because of it.

Spell it out. Because the number of fakers and liars I have seen post on this issue makes me sick. And not ptsd sick. Just vomit sick.

One WM I saw post for months about her Gulf War induced ptsd.....they found out she was in boot camp at the time. As bad or worse than Bloomy these liars are.

And this comes from a war vet that does not have it. But understands what it must be like to do so.

I was ten years old, in 1968. I watched PTSD evolve in the press. I saw what VietNam veterans had to endure in the press (early 70's) not to mention Agent Orange. I do not claim to have PTSD, if you misunderstood, I'm sorry. I have Delusional Disorder. Hate saying that because of the stigma you guys present with it. Oh well!

Sgt Leprechaun
05-25-10, 07:09 PM
Well, thank you for being open and honest. This (from Wiki) pretty much sums it up without all the mumbo jumbo:

"A person with delusional disorder may be high functioning (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Assessment_of_Functioning) in daily life and may not exhibit odd or bizarre behavior aside from these delusions. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnostic_and_Statistical_Manual_of_Mental_Disord ers) (DSM) defines six subtypes of the disorder characterized as erotomanic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotomania), grandiose (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_Delusion), jealous, persecutory, somatic, and mixed, i.e., having features of more than one subtypes"