PDA

View Full Version : Who is this Marine from CT

Mike Fishbaugh
05-21-10, 05:47 PM
http://pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies528.htm

A red flag was raised with this Marine as she is wearing the RVN ribbons, CAR/PH, etc.

Maybe a he-to-she person, but never heard of a female pilot in RVN

Wyoming
05-21-10, 06:11 PM
Interesting, and nothing higher than a Heart, not belittling, just saying.

As a Naval Aviator, receiving the CAR is one thing, but no Air Medal, or DFC, or the other officer awarded stuff.

USNAviator
05-21-10, 06:28 PM
http://pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies528.htm

A red flag was raised with this Marine as she is wearing the RVN ribbons, CAR/PH, etc.

Maybe a he-to-she person, but never heard of a female pilot in RVN

Mike,

Do they give her name in the article? I couldn't see it. This site may help

http://www.popasmoke.com/

Dan

Mike Fishbaugh
05-21-10, 06:46 PM
Other thanbeing out of uniform, they are wnting to know if anyone knows her or what her name is. I am almost sure, there were no lady pilots in RVN.
Semper Fi

USNAviator
05-21-10, 07:11 PM
Other thanbeing out of uniform, they are wnting to know if anyone knows her or what her name is. I am almost sure, there were no lady pilots in RVN.
Semper Fi

Mike

I just sent an email off to the historian at Marine Helo Association. When I get a reply I'll post it here

Dan

Zulu 36
05-21-10, 07:16 PM
Interesting, and nothing higher than a Heart, not belittling, just saying.

As a Naval Aviator, receiving the CAR is one thing, but no Air Medal, or DFC, or the other officer awarded stuff.

And as I'm sure Big Al knows, aviators get Air Medal points for getting shot at on missions, not CARs.

USNAviator
05-21-10, 07:48 PM
Scrolled down a bit in the initial link and found this;

" Date: Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 11:28 PM I just got back from a Caribbean Cruise, 20-27 March on the EURODAM, Holland America Line. There was an alleged Navy Captain in uniform so I talked to him. I think he might be an imposter. He was wearing a Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, etc. He told me he graduated from MIT and went in to the Navy in 1980. He was obese. He had all the Navy uniforms and wore them throughout the cruise. He said his name was BURTON and told me he was in submarines for the past 30 years. He also said that he just came from Arlington National Cemetery where he buried his first son who was a Marine; he said the son jumped on a grenade in Afghanistan and saved several Marine lives. Also he said he was going back to Afghanistan with another son shortly. He also said his wife was an assistant to the President and could not be with him on the cruise. He also said he turned down promotions to O-7 twice. Seems kind of fishy."

I had to laugh at this one. He's on board a cruise ship in his "uniforms", (yes we all did that) He's obese, (nothing like girth to make you welcomed down below) He's an O-6 sub driver ,(most sub drivers are 0-5's) His son was buried at Arlington (checked it out, no Afghan deceased named Burton) In for thirty but turned a promotion twice to O-7( no sense letting those stars get in his eyes). Ah yes the ever present wife as an assistant to the President( nice to have a two income family) Was wearing the SS, PH and BS, (must have seen plenty of action against the IJN.) "Seems kind of fishy" It stinks!

Wyoming
05-21-10, 08:36 PM
Mike

I just sent an email off to the historian at Marine Helo Association. When I get a reply I'll post it here

Dan

I look forward to hearing from the historian, but see the quote below.

A good friend, damm fine E-4 Crew Chief in the RVN, got out, then college, then back in and retiring after many years as a Colonel wrote-

This could be an up-hill battle.

Of the 14 MCL members in the pic, 8 are either Department (i.e. State level), or National officers.

This "questionable" Marine is surrounded by enablers.

I think a bit of research as to female pilots in Vietnam would be a place to start.... and I have done the google bit to no satisfaction.

He also wrote me-
I also got call last night asking what uniform regs were for a he to she-
Let's assume he/she earned the wings and did fly in RVN as a she. As a former male Marine can she "legally" now wear a WM uniform?
Personally i don't think so, but....... if the MCL accepts him/her/whatever than it's their issue.
I ****ing choked on a fine Martini on that one.:sick:

Wyoming
05-21-10, 08:39 PM
And as I'm sure Big Al knows, aviators get Air Medal points for getting shot at on missions, not CARs.

True Chris, but I ****ed up and volunteered for a little extraction and ended up with a CAR.

USNAviator
05-21-10, 08:53 PM
Al

"Personally i don't think so, but....... if the MCL accepts him/her/whatever than it's their issue.
I ****ing choked on a fine Martini on that one"

LMAO on that one, oops is that acceptable? Male to female? Never thought about it. I went back and looked at the photo more closely, She is small of stature, no Christine Jorgenson for sure( let the kids question that source). I looked at the face and it appears female to me. I hope the historian comes through, has the b$lls to do his job.. If it's legit then more power to her. What bothers me and others is the CAR, as you pointed you received it but as a Helo driver would she have been eligible?? Don't know. Beyond my pay grade

When and if the historian gets back to me, I'll be here

Dan

SgtHMH
05-21-10, 09:04 PM
Was there Female Pilots in Nam ? If there were how many of them were there during 1964 - 1975 ? Another Question, with all the sorties all over the place and aircraft shot down. No Female Pilots were at the Hilton or POWs, as that have ever been written about. Ask your selfs these questions and others ?

Semper Fi

Wyoming
05-21-10, 09:05 PM
My reply was -

But if she/he is not legit, then that is a violation of the Stolen Valor Act, MCI big nuts or not.

USNAviator
05-21-10, 09:18 PM
My reply was -

But if she/he is not legit, then that is a violation of the Stolen Valor Act, MCI big nuts or not.

AMEN!! Turn him/her in. Too many posers( I hate that word, phonies is what they are) Make them walk the WALL and face true heroes.

Dan

ecfree
05-21-10, 09:24 PM
AMEN!! Turn him/her in. Too many posers( I hate that word, phonies is what they are) Make them walk the WALL and face true heroes.

Dan
They don't have the balls,DAN.........:evilgrin:

USNAviator
05-21-10, 09:50 PM
They don't have the balls,DAN.........:evilgrin:

Ed I agree!! Maybe the powers that be should take them there at night, when it's calm, let them walk the WALL and answer to those inscribed who will forever be young. But you're right, no balls in our courts or politicians or phonies

Dan

Wyoming
05-21-10, 10:05 PM
Don't quit on me Dan. Waiting on the historian.

Another Colonel, a Marine, VietNam Veteran, 46 driver, and good friend wrote and said -

I can unequivocally state there were no women pilots in the Marine Corps during the VN war. I don't think the Navy had even put women into the program during that period.

USNAviator
05-21-10, 10:32 PM
Don't quit on me Dan. Waiting on the historian.

Another Colonel, a Marine, VietNam Veteran, 46 driver, and good friend wrote and said -

Al

Never quit on anyone, either an enlisted in my care or an officer under my command. When that historian replies I will post, you have my word Marine. And if the SOB doesn't get back to me, woe betide him Al. I'll climb up his COM till I get an answer

You seem well connected Al, good friends I'm sure. I'm happy I did my 20 in the Navy but sometimes I look back on what my life would have been like in the Corps. Oh well!!

To all OUR friends who remain on the WALL, may they forever know the peace and honor they sought in life and may they forever be honored as true heroes and may those who mocked them forever be shamed

Dan

USNAviator
05-21-10, 10:56 PM
[quote=BigAlHolmes165;647298]Don't quit on me Dan. Waiting on the historian

Just got this back from the historian at Marine Helo Assocaition, she's a phony!!!

I will send him the photo in the AM. Have a shot of whatever you're drinking on me and to all my times I spent/wasted in Ben Bolt, TX :thumbup:

Dan

Flag this message (http://us.mc653.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showMessage;_ylc=X3oDMTBrZ28zdG8wBF9TAzM5ODMwMTAyN wRhYwNGbGFn?sMid=0&filterBy=&.rand=1155380733&midIndex=0&mid=1_5291_AOmetEQAAX%2BIS%2FdQvw1%2FFmtK%2FXo&f=1&fromId=ahbarbour%40earthlink.net&m=1_5291_AOmetEQAAX%2BIS%2FdQvw1%2FFmtK%2FXo%2C1_3 757_AOOetEQAAVc4S%2FZrsgEmOVcpvx8%2C1_818_AO%2BetE QAAIJySrupgwakQD48zXk%2C&sort=date&order=down&startMid=0&hash=b8361b3e9dde3f355ab55b0f71142fe1&.jsrand=8297807&acrumb=CYXrN%2FkUOsV&mcrumb=5cxvWkaNXmN&enc=auto&cmd=msg.flag)
Re: POPASMOKE Web Mail

<nobr>Friday, May 21, 2010 11:34 PM</nobr>

This sender is DomainKeys verified (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/context/context-07.html)"Alan H Barbour" <ahbarbour@earthlink.net>
Add sender to Contacts (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTBsdTZpcnZpBF9TAzM5ODMwMTAyNwRhYwNhZGRBQ g--/SIG=1mt2p3led/**http%3A//address.mail.yahoo.com/yab%3Fv=YM%26A=m%26simp=1%26e=ahbarbour%2540earthl ink.net%26fn=Alan%26ln=H%26.done=http%253A%252F%25 2Fus.mc653.mail.yahoo.com%252Fmc%252FshowMessage%2 53FsMid%253D0%2526filterBy%253D%2526.rand%253D1155 380733%2526midIndex%253D0%2526mid%253D1_5291_AOmet EQAAX%25252BIS%25252FdQvw1%25252FFmtK%25252FXo%252 6f%253D1%2526fromId%253Dahbarbour%252540earthlink. net%2526m%253D1_5291_AOmetEQAAX%25252BIS%25252FdQv w1%25252FFmtK%25252FXo%25252C1_3757_AOOetEQAAVc4S% 25252FZrsgEmOVcpvx8%25252C1_818_AO%25252BetEQAAIJy SrupgwakQD48zXk%25252C%2526sort%253Ddate%2526order %253Ddown%2526startMid%253D0%2526hash%253Db8361b3e 9dde3f355ab55b0f71142fe1%2526.jsrand%253D8297807%2 526acrumb%253DCYXrN%25252FkUOsV%2526enc%253Dauto)

To:

<style>#yiv87955550 v\00003a* { } </style> <table id="INCREDIMAINTABLE" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="direction: ltr; font-size: 12pt;" id="INCREDITEXTREGION" width="100%"> Dan

I cannot find any reference to this article - can you send name and picture? I am not aware of a female helo pilot in RVN

Al

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Wyoming
05-21-10, 10:59 PM
Hell, Dan, I know Barbour. He would know.

The MCL is gonna ****.

Now Mike can carry this forward.

USNAviator
05-21-10, 11:09 PM
Hell, Dan, I know Barbour. He would know.

The MCL is gonna ****.

Now Mike can carry this forward.

Damn straight Al. I'll send Al Barbour the info in the AM. When he gets back to me I'll send it along to y'all. Friggin worn out Marine, too many memories of friends who aren't here, kinda wears on ya

Dan

Mike Fishbaugh
05-21-10, 11:13 PM
Originally, I sent a e-mail to the top 4 people of that local Det and as of yet to get a responce. I then sent a e-mail to the State of CT MCL Commandant. He was kind of enough to say he had checked with the local Det Commander and a DD 214 was on file, and therefore the case was closed. In my first e-mail I asked for her name, and in my responce, I thanked him and ask for her name again...As of yet no reply.
It is not my intention to stir things up, but all I was wanting to do is use the Freedom of Information Act, to get her limited records, in regards to the medals/ribbons she was wearing. As i am not a member of the MCL, the type of uniform was not part of my question.
Apparently someone else noticed the photo of her and ended up on the POW network/ Stolen Valor section, in order to try to come up with a name.
I also sent a e-mai to the National commandant of the MCL, and gave him the link that I posted here, and request he check things out. No reply from him as of yet.
Semper Fi

USNAviator
05-21-10, 11:36 PM
Mike

I understand your position but she is stealing from the true Vets and Marines. If you have any qualms, please feel free to post the response I received from Al Barbour, Historian of the Marine Helo Drivers. And when I get a response from him I'll pass it on.

Dan

kaboom1371
05-22-10, 01:28 AM
just some information I have found

Barbara Ann Allen Rainey (August 20, 1948 - July 13, 1982) was the first female pilot in the U. S. armed forces.<SUP id=cite_ref-EBBERT_0-0 class=reference>[1] (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/#cite_note-EBBERT-0)</SUP> Rainey received her wings of gold as the first female to be designated a Naval aviator (http://www.leatherneck.com/wiki/Naval_aviator) in February 1974

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21413 this is a thread on here about the first Marine Aviator around 1995

<SUP id=cite_ref-ALLEN_1-0 class=reference></SUP>

Mongoose
05-22-10, 07:22 AM
I would have thought being a female pilot in V.N. and with a Purple Heart. She would have been well known.

Ed Palmer
05-22-10, 07:49 AM
This is the only Woman Marine Pilot that I can find that was awarded the Purple Heart.

Remembering the women of the Marine Corps
April 05, 2010 10:39 AM

http://m.9news.com/igen/252243_240x240.JPG

BROOMFIELD - The walls of the Broomfield Veterans Memorial Museum tell a story of sacrifice. Created in 2002, the museum is filled with photos and stories of area veterans. While the museum has grown both in size and popularity in the community, there was one thing missing.

Most of the photos and stories were of men who served their country. That has now changed.

Working in conjunction with the Women Marines Association, the museum now has an exhibit that honors women's roles in the U.S. Marine Corps. The Women Marines Association, which was founded in Colorado 50 years ago, has provided the museum with items on display in the exhibit.

"This is one of the few pristine museums in the country," Cpt. Nancy Wilt, a retired Marine and the Women Marine Associations National Historian, said. "To bring a woman's aspect into this is something that they needed and we knew that we could do it with great honor."

The Women in the U.S. Marine Corps exhibit features photos of women serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and other parts of the world. They serve as a reminder of how far women have come.

"I have watched women change and you know you raise that bar a bit and somebody is ready to jump over it and women have done that," Col. Sara Phoenix, an officer in U.S. Marine Reserve, said.

Phoenix entered the Marine Corps in 1977 as a private. She remembers how different it was back then.

"When I first came in they still had hair and makeup classes and tea parties, so you knew how to hold a cup at a social function," Phoenix said.

Now women receive training that parallels their male counterparts.

"Nowadays, there is almost no difference in the training. In fact, I can't think of any differences in the training between men and women right now," Phoenix said.

The exhibit also honors women Marines who have been wounded in combat. A photo of a woman who had received a Purple Heart tells a story.

"This young lady was the first to receive a Purple Heart. If you look at her, she has one single tear coming out of her own eye," Wilt said. "The impact of that photo on me was the tear was coming out of my eye too."

Photos also honor women Marines who have lost their lives in combat.

The hope is that the exhibit will serve to teach both young and old in the community.

"That's part of history. I think you learn history so that we don't repeat our mistakes, but we also learn history to show that we can do great things," Phoenix said. "I want them to see that we can do anything."

The Women Marines Association will be holding their national convention in Denver this coming Labor Day weekend. For more information about the convention go to www.womenmarines.org.

The Broomfield Veterans Memorial Museum is open Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Group visits can be arranged by calling the museum at 303-460-6801.

A reception honoring the Women Marines Association exhibit and an exhibit of model warships will be held on Saturday, April 17 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. You can get more information about the museum by visiting their Web site at www.broomfieldveterans.org.

Wyoming
05-22-10, 08:33 AM
Received this also from one of my friends.

I have been a Life member of the MCL for nigh on to 10 years and a member for longer than that. I have held numerous Detachment offices and one Department of Texas office.

It IS a requirement of all MCL members to provide their DD214 as proof of service, but those have been proven not infallible. Refer to Burkett/Whitley: Stolen Valor.

Right now I'm not too happy at what I see here. As I said in my post:

Of the 14 MCL members in the pic, 8 are either Department (i.e. State level), or National officers.

This "questionable" Marine is surrounded by enablers.

If we had a name, we could check the Purple Heart recipient lists.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!

I'm looking at the Hardware City MCL web page ..... and guess what!?

In their 2010 Photo page is a big spread of one Richard Blumenthal, a known poseur!

As a matter of fact ..... blumey seems to be a big part of their detachment. He's in pics from 2004, 2005, 2009 also. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I found a pic of a plaque given to the WM. The best I can tell, her name is Carol Jonc???

She was chosen Marine of the Year on the plaq and as soon as I can get some more details, I'll post them.

In a cursory look at medal recipients, there is no Carol Jon... anything.

Wyoming
05-22-10, 08:48 AM
I would have thought being a female pilot in V.N. and with a Purple Heart. She would have been well known.

You got that right.

Zulu 36
05-22-10, 09:04 AM
True Chris, but I ****ed up and volunteered for a little extraction and ended up with a CAR.

Well, yeah, air crew can get the CAR if they are involved in ground action, but that isn't nearly as common as the Air Medal. I'm sure a lot of pilots assigned as air support officers in ground units got the CAR in Vietnam, Iraq, and the 'Stan.

USNAviator
05-22-10, 09:43 AM
Al and everyone

I just got the following back from Al Barbour, Historian on Marine Helo Assocation site. Nice of him to respond so quickly

<TABLE id=INCREDIMAINTABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=INCREDITEXTREGION style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; DIRECTION: ltr" width="100%">Dan

From this information, the entire Connecticut Marine Corps League is filled with phonies. They will not release her name, squadron, years of service or DD-214. Where did she earn her Purple Heart, her Air Medal? Sam Beamon, formerly of HMM-164, should be ashamed.

<TABLE id=INCREDIMAINTABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=INCREDITEXTREGION style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; DIRECTION: ltr" width="100%">http://pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies528.htm (http://pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies528.htm)

Mystery to me.

Al

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wyoming
05-22-10, 12:52 PM
Barbour on PAS is now verifying her.

****!!

I still call BS.

Gotta be a him/her, he/she.

In Sam Beamon's Defense

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Marine Corps League is the only federally chartered United States Marine Corps-related veterans organization in the United States. Its Federal Charter was approved by the 75th U.S. Congress and signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt on August 4, 1937. The organization credits its founding — in 1923 — to legendary Marine Corps Commandant John A. Lejeune.

In Sam Beamon's defense, I know that he has examined the combat records of this UH-1E pilot from Vietnam. The Purple Heart is authentic, as is the Air Medal ribbon with Star - both have been earned in Vietnam. The name and squadron are being withheld at the individual's request.

Times have changed in the past 40 years, whether we like it or not. Things are now officially acceptable that at one time were not. Any attempt to discriminate against individuals based on gender/transgender in a federally chartered organization could be grounds for loss of charter.

I am not familiar with regulations regarding the wearing of Marine Corps or Marine Corps League uniforms in this situation. I am sure that someone out there has access to the official scoop on that issue; the proper wearing of the appropriate uniform. However, the displayed medals in this case have been earned.

"Some companies are grappling with how to manage employees switching from one sex to another. American Airlines and its HR people helped a 58-year-old pilot – an ex-Marine and Vietnam combat veteran – go from being Robert to Bobbi." Source: americansfortruth.com
"Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

USNAviator
05-22-10, 01:05 PM
Barbour on PAS is now verifying her.

****!!

I still call BS.

Gotta be a him/her, he/she.

Al

I think it was a He who is now a She. That's the only explanation. By why would Barbour tell me the whole Conn. MCL is riddled with phonies and then post his defense?? You can't have it both ways. I sent him a thank you email a while ago before I read your post, if he responds I'll send it on

Dan

Wyoming
05-22-10, 01:53 PM
Al

I think it was a He who is now a She. That's the only explanation. By why would Barbour tell me the whole Conn. MCL is riddled with phonies and then post his defense?? You can't have it both ways. I sent him a thank you email a while ago before I read your post, if he responds I'll send it on.

Dan
Dan, looking forward to his response.

ONLY with your permission, but I would like to use this earlier reply to you, and put it on PAS. Names withheld and all that.

Dan

From this information, the entire Connecticut Marine Corps League is filled with phonies. They will not release her name, squadron, years of service or DD-214. Where did she earn her Purple Heart, her Air Medal? Sam Beamon, formerly of HMM-164, should be ashamed.

<TABLE id=INCREDIMAINTABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="DIRECTION: ltr; FONT-SIZE: 12pt" id=INCREDITEXTREGION width="100%">http://pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies528.htm (http://pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies528.htm)

Mystery to me.

Al

Zulu 36
05-22-10, 02:08 PM
Speaking of phonies, Big Al, that guy who claimed to be in my unit in Vietnam hasn't shown back up. Wonder why? :marine:

Wyoming
05-22-10, 02:13 PM
Speaking of phonies, Big Al, that guy who claimed to be in my unit in Vietnam hasn't shown back up. Wonder why? :marine:

Hahaha. No ****. Water got hot.

USNAviator
05-22-10, 05:02 PM
Dan, looking forward to his response.

ONLY with your permission, but I would like to use this earlier reply to you, and put it on PAS. Names withheld and all that.

Not a problem Al. . He didn't tell me I couldn't post and I believe I did inform him that was going to be the case, good news or bad. BTW, thank you for asking for my permission :thumbup:

What is PAS? I've never heard of it

Dan

Sgt Leprechaun
05-25-10, 02:23 AM
Sigh. I grow weary.

Females like this pop up from time to time. While rarer than the guys, they are out there. The ONLY plausible explaination is that 'she' WAS a 'he'.

Because females didn't (as you've discovered in your own research) fly combat missions as pilots in RVN. (I won't get into WWII WASPS etc etc) It wasn't until the 1970's that the first female pilots were actually commissioned and completed flight school.

The list of female PH veterans, with NFO status, who would be Vietnam veterans, would be an extremely small club, indeed.

And I'm sorry, but I would need more than someone saying "I BELIEVE HER AND HAVE SEEN THE DOCUMENTATION". Too many red flags, and I've heard that line before. The embarrassment factor comes into play with enablers, then. They hate admitting they've been 'had' (heck, no one likes being wrong) so they stick to the story.

egbutler1
05-25-10, 03:27 AM
If she is posing which it seems to me she is, that PH is gonna get her some jail time. I'm f@cking sick of people faking to be Marines, I think anyone who poses and gets caught should have to make a public apology on National TV to all Marines while in the presence of Marines bet that would teach em' a lesson if they could get out alive.

USNAviator
05-25-10, 05:35 AM
Marines

By now some of you know that this appears to be a case of a sex change, male to female. Here's the question ,does the female retain the right to wear the ribbons earned by the male?

If "Joe Jones" was awarded the PH, BS etc is "Janet Jones" allowed to wear those ribbons?

Joe Jones has ceased to exist but I'm not sure if Janet Jones has the same SS#. It's an interesting question. It certainly has caused some heated debate on other sites

Yes times most certainly have changed

Dan

Ed Palmer
05-25-10, 08:01 AM
What you are saying it is either a Fruit Picker or a Richard (DI*CK) Licker.
My 2 cents.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-25-10, 06:09 PM
An interesting question. I would say initially (gut reaction only) the answer would be 'yes'. The parts (or lack thereof LOL) shouldn't change the fact that at one time, the person earned those awards.

Zulu 36
05-25-10, 06:21 PM
Marines

By now some of you know that this appears to be a case of a sex change, male to female. Here's the question ,does the female retain the right to wear the ribbons earned by the male?

If "Joe Jones" was awarded the PH, BS etc is "Janet Jones" allowed to wear those ribbons?

Joe Jones has ceased to exist but I'm not sure if Janet Jones has the same SS#. It's an interesting question. It certainly has caused some heated debate on other sites

Yes times most certainly have changed

Dan

Yes, he/she/it should have the same SSN by law. The name can be changed.

USNAviator
05-25-10, 06:31 PM
An interesting question. I would say initially (gut reaction only) the answer would be 'yes'. The parts (or lack thereof LOL) shouldn't change the fact that at one time, the person earned those awards.

Good point Sgt. It's a tough one alright. But I'm going to leave it up to a higher pay grade, preferably someone who has all the intended parts.

I have a Dr. friend who flys up here to Virgina from Texas who does this operation. I have politely asked him not to tell me the procedure. Don't tell and I won't ask ;)

USNAviator
05-25-10, 06:33 PM
Yes, he/she/it should have the same SSN by law. The name can be changed.

Thanks for the info. "it" ?? :)

kfisbusy
05-25-10, 07:06 PM
:evilgrin:I think there is some kind of law out there if you get cought wearing a Unfrom of any Branch Of Serve. I am not for sure on this but if there is'nt there should be. I know there is one that told me that he was in the Marines at S.D. for bootcamp. I said when were you there he said that he was there in 1978 then He was telling that I should rember him. I ask why. He said that I was his D.I. back then that he rembered my name. I then told him that he was a Fu*king lier because in 1978 I was at P.I.. I then told him not to try and pass him self off as being in MY CORPS. Then I told him that he needed his ass kicked for even trying. I hate the fact that there is some fonies out there. Especially in Our MARINE CORPS. If there is no law aginst it there should be . SSGT. Francisco.:flag::iwo:

Chewy
05-26-10, 03:20 PM
HARDWARE CITY MCL Detachment 781 (http://www.mcleague.org/mdp/userpages/HARDWARE_CITY-34.php)

WMAMI2
06-01-10, 09:33 PM
Col Sarah Deal Burrow was the first Marine pilot. She just finished her last tour in Afghanistan last year and is getting ready to retire.

Wyoming
06-30-10, 04:56 PM
from a friend -

This Marine was the subject of different websites as to being a female but yet wearing RVN Ribbons. The people at POWnetwork got his records from St Louis. He was a Capt and did serve in RVN with VMO-6 in the 65-66 time frame. Now he became a she, so I think if she is a member of the MCL, they should deal with the uniform/ribbon issue or any other service organization she belongs to.

Well, you proud MCL'ers, it's up to you now.

https://webmail2.centurytel.net/hwebmail/mail/dlAttach.php?attachment=2&index=26109&mailbox=INBOX&filename=krohn_larry_a.pdf&d=3