PDA

View Full Version : AP INVESTIGATION: Texas man faked way into Army

Phantom Blooper
05-21-10, 09:31 AM
AP INVESTIGATION: Texas man faked way into Army <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Associated Press Writer Danny Robbins, Associated Press Writer – Fri May 21, 6:16 am ET <br />
<br />
FORT WORTH, Texas – A Texas man with no...

polizei
05-21-10, 09:59 AM
I just read it on Yahoo. I'm not sure what to be more mad about...this poser, or the ignorant press' use of military terms and army/soldier association. Or was he actually posing as a soldier? Why is the picture of him in blues? Or is it a random picture? I'm confused.

Gator347
05-21-10, 10:22 AM
Polizei:

In her affidavit, Rolfing said she met Johnston in 2006 and that he joined her Army Reserve unit so they could fulfill their dream of becoming Army aviators together. She said Johnston led her to believe he'd served as a Marine in Iraq and Afghanistan and earned a Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts. He would even attend military functions wearing a Marine dress uniform, and people would come up to shake his hand and ask about his medals, she said.

Somebody get a rope:mad:

spotts
05-21-10, 10:44 AM
What a piece of ****....

TinDragon
05-21-10, 05:55 PM
I just read it on Yahoo. I'm not sure what to be more mad about...this poser, or the ignorant press' use of military terms and army/soldier association. Or was he actually posing as a soldier? Why is the picture of him in blues? Or is it a random picture? I'm confused.

Basically, he posed as a prior Marine in order to join the Army as an NCO (since if you've been in the Marines, you don't have to go through Army basic training and you usually at least maintain the same grade you had before).

SgtHMH
05-21-10, 08:43 PM
This guy should stand trial under Military Court of Law, UCMJ. Then go to a Military or Federal Prison. Also get a Dishonorable Discharge and throw the book at him if he wants to play Military, well...

usmc3521
05-22-10, 12:28 PM
the army is worthless...............seriously. They should disband the army and replace them with angry midgets

Gator347
05-24-10, 08:38 AM
MotoX

Why do you think they call ya'll "The Few"?

They have to put these other guys/gals somewhere?

usmc3521
05-24-10, 07:29 PM
lol yeah I know!

what I want to know is how did the army not run a REDD report on this supposed Marine? They are supposed to get the OMPF of any Marine who wants to join another branch. What I am reading is this guy made his own SRB and the army took his word for it without running the necesarry forms to verify actual military service. Unreal!!!

Sgt Leprechaun
05-25-10, 02:27 AM
Anyone with the faintest idea of ribbons and medals would have called this punk out ASAP. His stuff is jacked, big time. I would have smoked him in front of 'god and everybody'. Little weasel should get his dream.....and be shipped immediately to the front lines, as a ammo bearer for the nearest line company.