PDA

View Full Version : Associate imam says Muslims who die for Allah no different from Marines

thedrifter
09-11-03, 09:57 AM
HOMELAND INSECURITY
D.C. mosque tied to 9-11 extols martyrdom virtues
Associate imam says Muslims who die for Allah no different from Marines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: September 11, 2003
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Paul Sperry
© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

An associate imam at a large mosque here attended by two of the 9-11 hijackers says Muslims who die while fighting unbelievers in the cause of Allah are no different from U.S. Marines fighting and dying for America in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Johari Malik of the Dar al-Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, Va., made the comparison in defending a sermon given earlier this year by the mosque's former head cleric, Anwar Aulaqi, who is under FBI investigation for his ties to the suicidal hijackers and other terrorists.

Aulaqi in January exhorted the faithful at the Masjid at-Tawhid mosque in London to become ''shaheeds,'' or martyrs, and ''die in the sake of Allah,'' arguing it's the one sure way to get into Paradise, according to a transcript of a tape recording of the sermon provided to WorldNetDaily by terrorism expert Steve Emerson. Emerson believes Aulaqi, as a close spiritual adviser to the hijackers, may have helped them prepare for martyrdom before they crashed American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon two years ago.

Malik – who remains close to Aulaqi, now living in Yemen, his place of birth – says there's nothing wrong with such sermons.

''That's the same thing as telling Marines in this country semper fidelis,'' Malik told WorldNetDaily. ''Telling people to give their all for their faith is not an unusual idea.''

Dar al-Hijrah, the largest mosque in the Washington area, if not the country, counts among its flock a large number of Palestinian refugees who support Hamas, a hatchery for anti-Israeli suicide bombers.

Aulaqi's London sermon was part of a two-day seminar organized by an Islamic charity in Britain called JIMAS. It ran from Dec. 31 to Jan. 1.

''Don't think that the ones that die in the sake of Allah are dead. They are alive and Allah is providing for them,'' Aulaqi said, referring to Muslim martyrs. ''So the shaheed does not die.''

When it comes to salvation, ''you could say that they are head and shoulders above everyone else,'' he said, noting the carnal and material rewards bestowed upon marytrs in Paradise.

He also claimed marytrs ''will not suffer the pain of death, and will not have to go through the horror and terror of the day of judgment.''

''So this should make everyone of you the more eager to be a shaheed,'' Aulaqi concluded, ''when you see the great edge that is given to the shaheeds.''

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34540

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

CPL-Mac
09-11-03, 11:35 AM
This boils my blood! I don't know how you all feel, but don't compare me to bunch of towelheads!

firstsgtmike
09-11-03, 12:57 PM
I have a picture in my mind. It is of a Marine holding a cocked .45 pistol to the head of an imam who just completed his sermon, and is asking him to repeat it to his congregation.

To me it's simple. You either believe in what you are saying, or you don't.

Devildogg4ever
09-11-03, 04:00 PM
There is a big difference,

They are dieing for the wrong country!!!

Rat Patrol
09-11-03, 05:43 PM
Oh, but he is so wrong...

There is no comparison

We don't go around targeting and killing civilians, innocent women and children.

We fight for what we believe because it is right and just, because we are defending ourselves or others.

Marines are not like the Muslim that fight and kill to force others to believe what they believe.

Semper Fidelis, means more then just faithful to God, our county and the Corps, its faithful to what is morally right and just, honorable, and merciful.

Phantom Blooper
09-11-03, 07:04 PM
“Semper-Fi Heart”

Some may wear the uniform
And even look the part
But to truly be a real Marine
You must have a “Semper-Fi Heart”
This “Heart” is not earned in “Boot Camp”
But is “Developed Along the Way”
And it “Grows” because of “Dedication”
Through “Service” each and every day
“Semper” is Latin for “Always”
“Fidelis” means “Faithful” and “True”
“Faithful” when things don’t go your way
And “Faithful” when they do
You may not understand the rationale
Nor even know the reason why
But the “Mission” will be accomplished
When your “Heart” is “Semper-Fi”

MillRatUSMC
09-11-03, 09:40 PM
It's funny those extoling others to becoming marytrs.
Don't seek carnal and material rewards bestowed upon marytrs in Paradise.
They dupe fools to do what they avoid doing themselves.
I find it hard to believe that we allow the Dar al-Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, VA to spout this type of garbage.
They best be served by leaving this Nation.
Mad as hades in northwest Indiana.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

greensideout
09-11-03, 09:45 PM
Everone likes to compare themself to the Marines. We know why!

These raghead civilian killers are not fit to touch the sole of a Marine's boot!

If we are at war with them, what the hell are they doing teaching this crap in our nation's capital?

You are right firstsgtmike, give them all a chance to live their fantasy or to shut-up!

I don't care what the legal eagles on this site say about the first amentment---this kind of talk is nothing short of treason!

"Like the Marines." What a joke!!!