PDA

View Full Version : BAH for Reservist Going Overseas for 3 1/2 weeks

Daedalus2040
05-20-10, 10:36 AM
I am a reservist going to Africa for three weeks and some change. Whether or not we were going to get BAH was up in the air so my platoon Sgt. told me to check with admin. I called the admin guys as suggested in regards to BAH and the admin chief said we are getting nothing in terms of that because we are will be in "government housing". Now I'm sort of between a rock and a hard place because I have an hourly part-time job while I'm going to college but I won't be taking classes for the first six week session so I can't use the GI Bill to get a housing allowance. Long story short, I have a wife with a baby at home and I'm not sure how I'm gonna pay my rent/bills/buy food etc. Any ideas?

TinDragon
05-20-10, 08:27 PM
You should probably call up admin again and mention that you have a wife that will not be going with you. You won't make BAH for being in Africa, but you will probably make BAH for your wife being home, and probably separations pay to boot.

Cash2053
05-20-10, 09:04 PM
It has been a while since I was in, but reservist should automatically rate bah if you are married and have dependents.