PDA

View Full Version : Arizona fights back, Los Angeles by candlelight

Bruce59
05-19-10, 01:03 PM
Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott
By Judson Berger
- FOXNews.com

A member of Arizona's top government utilities (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/l) agency threw down the gauntlet in a letter to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, threatening to cut off the city's power supply as retribution for the city's boycott of Arizona.
If Los Angeles wants to boycott Arizona, it had better get used to reading by candlelight.
That's the message from a member of Arizona's top government utilities agency, who threw down the gauntlet Tuesday in a letter to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa by threatening to cut off the city's power supply as retribution.
Gary Pierce, a commissioner on the five-member Arizona Corporation Commission, wrote the letter in response to the Los Angeles City Council's decision last week to boycott the Grand Canyon State -- in protest of its immigration law -- by suspending official travel there and ending future contracts with state businesses.
Noting that a quarter of Los Angeles' electricity comes from Arizona power plants, Pierce threatened to pull the plug if the City Council does not reconsider.

gwamo1
05-19-10, 02:15 PM
This is what I like to read.

SGTBrentG
05-19-10, 03:44 PM
:idea: :yes:

SlingerDun
05-19-10, 03:47 PM
Hahahahah Thats Pretty Freaking Cool!!!

Mongoose
05-19-10, 03:57 PM
I love it!

kfisbusy
05-19-10, 04:04 PM
:evilgrin:Can L.A. say lights out? I love that Arizona is not backing down from anyone. Go Arizona show the World that you have BIG BALLS. I am backing y'all 100%. SSGT. Francisco.:flag::iwo:

Wyoming
05-19-10, 04:28 PM
****ing A.

Lights out you arrogant bastards.

CoraDevilWoman
05-19-10, 05:57 PM
PULL THE PLUG! PULL THE PLUG!!!! It's been entertaining me all day.

Kegler300
05-19-10, 06:01 PM
The illegals will be rioting in the streets! It'll make it easier to find them...

Sgt Leprechaun
05-20-10, 02:03 AM
OUTfreakin standin!

CalmaSAdkisson
05-20-10, 05:19 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0db01b3127ccefa7c8acd424600000030O00AaOWLFmzZsW IPbz4C/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0db01b3127ccefa7c9877c3c500000030O00AaOWLFmzZsW IPbz4C/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Big Jim
05-20-10, 06:46 AM
You know why California is so against Arizona's illegal immigration laws...its because their immigrant Governor might have to try and produce HIS green card....!!! They should just put up stations everywhere in the soutwest and start rounding EVERYONE up and making them go through these proving stations so they can prove if they are illegals or not...!! Thats the ONLY way to be 100% thorough....!!

AAV Crewchief
05-20-10, 10:15 AM
PULL THE PLUG! PULL THE PLUG!!!! It's been entertaining me all day.

HAHAHA it would be funny.

AAV Crewchief
05-20-10, 10:17 AM
You know why California is so against Arizona's illegal immigration laws...its because their immigrant Governor might have to try and produce HIS green card....!!! They should just put up stations everywhere in the soutwest and start rounding EVERYONE up and making them go through these proving stations so they can prove if they are illegals or not...!! Thats the ONLY way to be 100% thorough....!!

Considering "Ahnuld" came from what was considered an enemy, Soviet bloc nation at one time, I think he has been vetted.

BR34
05-20-10, 10:19 AM
You know why California is so against Arizona's illegal immigration laws...its because their immigrant Governor might have to try and produce HIS green card....!!!

...pretty sure he's a U.S. citizen....!1!!!1

Noting that a quarter of Los Angeles' electricity comes from Arizona power plants, Pierce threatened to pull the plug if the City Council does not reconsider.

I wonder how such a decision would impact the workers of these power plants. No outgoing power=no incoming money. No incoming money=mass layoffs of Arizona power plant workers. Somebody ain't thinking clearly.

oldtop
05-20-10, 10:46 AM
BR34...Naah...the Arizona power folks would just sell their excess elsewhere, and probably for more than they're contracted to sell it for to the PRK.

Unfortunately, Mr Pierce did not "threaten" to pull the plug (sounds sooooo good though, don't you think) as has been reported (headline grabber), what the said is that he and the Arizona power folks would be happy to cease providing power to the PRK if they (LA City Council) were really serious about the boycott of doing business with Arizona and wanted to despense with the current contract for Arizona to provide them with power. Personally, I wish that he COULD "pull the plug"... and had done so WITHOUT WARNING!!! Lights OUT LA, hope you got plenty of energizer bunnies on hand LOL

fmoyer
05-20-10, 11:00 AM
It sounds like a great idea go Arizona don't take any crap from those kalifonia pinkos. I back you 100% .

Wyoming
05-20-10, 03:39 PM
Check the PDF.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-20-10, 05:24 PM
YEEEESSS! Way to go. I back them 100 percent. Frack LA and the PRK.

hbharrison
05-20-10, 05:35 PM
Wher da plug, where da plug, pull it, pull it:idea::thumbup: