PDA

View Full Version : Becoming an Officer

BigWayne3000
05-17-10, 01:11 PM
Hello gents and ladies. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I figured if not than it will be moved. My question concerns OCS and becoming an Officer. I'm in the Reserves currently and have 2 yrs remaining and I also go to college for political science, also with 2 yrs remaining. I know the Corps has the PLC program for college juniors and seniors where they go one summer to OCS than next summer to TBS than once they graduate they commission and go to TBS. Would I be eligible for this even though I'm already enlisted? Also, if not than what routes can I take to go to OCS? Any help you all may provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Zulu 36
05-17-10, 01:45 PM
Hello gents and ladies. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I figured if not than it will be moved. My question concerns OCS and becoming an Officer. I'm in the Reserves currently and have 2 yrs remaining and I also go to college for political science, also with 2 yrs remaining. I know the Corps has the PLC program for college juniors and seniors where they go one summer to OCS than next summer to TBS than once they graduate they commission and go to TBS. Would I be eligible for this even though I'm already enlisted? Also, if not than what routes can I take to go to OCS? Any help you all may provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Call your local recruiting office and get the phone number for the regional officer selection officer (OSO). Then make an appointment and go see him.

il duce
05-17-10, 10:40 PM
If there exists a shortage of officers in your Reserve unit, go ask your unit's Career Planner about the MCP-R

CJT14022010
05-18-10, 08:49 AM
You are eligible for the PLC program, I had 4-5 reserve Lances and a Corporal in the my platoon at OCS. I know that 3 of the Lances graduated boot camp only the summer before... in fact one graduated EXACTLY a year earlier.

I'm not sure of the specifics, so definitely contact your Officer Selection Officer (OSO).

And definitely check out www.marineocs.com

USNAviator
05-18-10, 04:55 PM
Check this out as well. I went PLC the full course in '77. I don't recall if we had any enlisted with us but it was over 30 years ago. Things do change. You must be a full time student though

Good luck

http://www.marineofficerprograms.com/pages/platoon-leaders-class-plc.php

Dan