PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the Corporate World

spotts
05-13-10, 04:55 PM
After 16 years of working in the Risk Assessment field Ive decided to leave the corporate world. Starting May 24th Ill start working for the Department of Veteran Affairs in Philadelphia. Massive cut in pay but the fact that Ill be helping people instead of hindering them will be a great change for me. Once Im up and running I can hopefully help anyone with VA questions they may have.

tdrt
05-13-10, 05:50 PM
Congrats on finding your true self.

Rocky C
05-13-10, 05:52 PM
After 16 years of working in the Risk Assessment field Ive decided to leave the corporate world. Starting May 24th Ill start working for the Department of Veteran Affairs in Philadelphia. Massive cut in pay but the fact that Ill be helping people instead of hindering them will be a great change for me. Once Im up and running I can hopefully help anyone with VA questions they may have.

:thumbup: Good Luck to you!!!:flag:.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

temarti
05-13-10, 10:41 PM
Spotts, did the same thing 3 years ago, after 11.5 years with a very large Corp in both the domestic side and international side, I had an opportunity to combine the only two things I know and come back to the Marine Corps in a different capacity, though minus the bonuses, the time with the family and kids has turned out to be invaluable.