PDA

View Full Version : Uh-1N Crew Chief Lat Move

cAs
05-13-10, 01:23 PM
Hi all, I'm currently an administrator in Camp Pendleton, but i'm trying to lat move to be a UH-1N crew chief... I've read the whole About Military description of the schools for this perticular MOS, but I want to know about people's personal experiences and what they had to go through... Do you all love your job as crew chiefs, or do you hate them. I'm trying to start my re-enlistment package on Monday so yeah... any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot everyone.

Wyoming
05-13-10, 02:29 PM
Hi all, I'm currently an administrator in Camp Pendleton, but i'm trying to lat move to be a UH-1N crew chief... I've read the whole About Military description of the schools for this perticular MOS, but I want to know about people's personal experiences and what they had to go through... Do you all love your job as crew chiefs, or do you hate them. I'm trying to start my re-enlistment package on Monday so yeah... any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot everyone.

Crew Chief is the best job to have unless you are toting those crazy ass grunts with no respect for your purty little aeroplane, ala Fistful, among others.:D

**** man, go for it!!

tdrt
05-13-10, 03:18 PM
I wanted to be a crew chief really really bad but they wouldn't let me because of the boob thing. I did get to be an aerial observer on CH-53s though -- absolutely loved it.

Except for the parts runs from Yuma to El Toro. Those were kind of boring.

Wyoming
05-13-10, 06:07 PM
I wanted to be a crew chief really really bad but they wouldn't let me because of the boob thing. I did get to be an aerial observer on CH-53s though -- absolutely loved it.

Except for the parts runs from Yuma to El Toro. Those were kind of boring.

Boob thing?

... cause you had them, or they were too big, or too little?:confused:

Enquiring minds want to know.:D

tdrt
05-13-10, 07:27 PM
Boob thing?

... cause you had them, or they were too big, or too little?:confused:

Enquiring minds want to know.:D

Filled out my flight suit a little to well.....

Wyoming
05-13-10, 08:14 PM
Filled out my flight suit a little to well.....

I think I can just make that out.:D

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/image.php?u=71143&dateline=1271194160&type=profile

cAs
05-14-10, 12:36 PM
so BigAl, I'm guessing that you were a CH-46 crew chief back in the good ol' days?

Wyoming
05-14-10, 08:40 PM
so BigAl, I'm guessing that you were a CH-46 crew chief back in the good ol' days?

All days were good, when those million pieces, each one moving in a different direction, all at the same time, landed safely.

But yes, a Crew Chief. YW-19 in HMM-165 & YT-6 in HMM-164.

cAs
05-14-10, 09:25 PM
What kind of job opportunities did you have after you got out?

Wyoming
05-14-10, 09:50 PM
What kind of job opportunities did you have after you got out?

I did not pursue the aviation field. I, along with my entire family have been in the oil industry our entire lives.

Now, to answer, maybe, many friends, fellow Marines from the time, did indeed prosper.

We all had our A&P credentials, clearances, etc. A lot of the drivers went on to be commercial pilots. A lot of us snuffies did the same, but most went to the airlines as mechanics, twidgets, bubble chasers, tin benders and the like, etc. A few even became baggage gorillas.

None that I know of went the route of working with the public. (Remember the time frame.:evilgrin:)

Many, before getting out, also went to HMX-1. At the time, being in HMX-1, with your AC Wings, made the POTUS look (feel?) good.

It just wasn't for me, AT THE TIME.