PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Museum, Quantico, VA

Blutic
05-12-10, 10:22 PM
I went to Quantico last weekend to get new uniforms and such. I haven't been there in 9 years. Stopped by the Marine Corps Museum - Very Impressive! If you are, were, or want to be a Marine - go there. It's free and it has a "Tun Tavern" inside.

Lisa 23
05-12-10, 10:25 PM
The MCL I belong to, is looking into planning a trip to the Museum over the summer.
I haven't been at Quantico since my brother was last there back in 1982, when he trained Officers Candidates.

temarti
05-12-10, 10:42 PM
It is an awesome Museum that is always changing and is only close to half way complete.

Dragonscript
05-13-10, 07:37 AM
The wife and I went there last fall and it was great; the Iwo Jima exhibit really put things into perspective.

This fall, the Revolutionary War and Civil war exhibits are suppose to come online so the wife and I are going to visit again. The wife loved the sweet potato fries and blueberry beer at the Tavern.

TJR1070
05-13-10, 08:07 AM
I went two years ago at Christmas, the museum was excellent. In the gift shop is an exhibit where Marines can attach a dog tag to the wall, if you go bring one and donate it. I hope to get back soon to see the changes. One of my favorite things was watching my wife stand in the DI booth for about 5 minutes, maybe she missed her calling.

gwamo1
05-13-10, 08:31 AM
Agreed, the museum is pretty cool, better than some of the smithsonians I think, with all the wax figures and little displays they have set up.