PDA

View Full Version : Address for MCRD SD

samanthajean
05-12-10, 07:15 PM
Hello
Im stationed at MCRD SD. YUP i know crazy right, being around DI's all day. You get used to it. But anyway Im a postal clerk so that means im the one who gets all your little letters and parcels. so if your going to MCRD SD i can let you know your address and Co. and I know most of the DI's there too so dont be surprised if you get a lil extra care, im sure of most of you want that wany way
-out

Lisa 23
05-12-10, 07:53 PM
Samanthajean, you do realize that Drill Instructors may frequent this site from time to time and come across your thread in regards to treating "recruits" letter with " a little extra care", do you?
In my opinion, the only mail you should be treating with "extra care" is mail that belongs to Marines. I'm not saying that recruits letters aren't important, because they are, just watch what you say in an open forum.
Something as harmless as what you posted, may get you into some kind of trouble. Just worry about doing your job as a Marine, and insure that everyone gets their mail!

Old Marine
05-12-10, 08:11 PM
I would bet that you do not know most of the Drill Instructor's who are at San Diego. As a postal clerk, you should do your job and that is it. You are on the wrong forum to be trying to Blow Smoke.

Lisa 23
05-13-10, 09:24 PM
Old Marine, don't you just love it when some of these new Marines come on here and "blow smoke" like this, and then don't come back to respond?

Doing her job as a Marine and a postal clerk should be the only things that she should worry about, not telling "future recruits" that she'll give their mail a "lil' extra care".

Oh well.........

samanthajean
05-14-10, 11:46 PM
........alright good to go. Thats all ill say. i wasnt serious, i just know how families are about not knowing the address to there child.
remember that its the new corps that runs the marine corps ncos and sncos just supervise.

Old Marine
05-15-10, 08:58 AM
Just keep licking those stamps and do not worry about who is running the Corps. We seem to survive no matter what and will continue to do so long after you have went on to bigger and better stamp licking.

Lisa 23
05-15-10, 02:22 PM
........alright good to go. Thats all ill say. i wasnt serious, i just know how families are about not knowing the address to there child.
remember that its the new corps that runs the marine corps ncos and sncos just supervise.

If you weren't serious, then you shouldn't have made this thread.

New Corps, Old Corps.....in the end, we're all the same......
The United States Marine Corps!

Samanthajean, I'm not looking to make a big deal out of this, but just be careful on what you say in an open forum, you never know who's "looking in". You're an active duty Marine LCpl, who's only been in the Marine Corps not even a year yet. And if you want to get technical about your rank, you're only a Junior Enlisted Marine, not an NCO. Just worry about doing your job as a Marine and a postal clerk to the best of your ability.

If families need to know the address of their son or daughter, that's when they can contact their recruiter, or even the American Red Cross. And I do know that when you're going through processing, a letter is sent home with the recruits address.

And remember, Marine Corps is always capitalized!

TunTvrnWarrior
05-15-10, 07:28 PM

Kid, you have a lot to learn. Contrary to what you might think, you dont know it all. Just remember those NCO's and SNCO's were once in your shoes and paved the way for you to earn the title MARINE.

You have no clue as to the stresses and the long work hours they have to deal with when the non-rates go home. You will learn more by observation and asking questions than complaining or boasting.