PDA

View Full Version : Advice for MCT

Williams5710
05-09-10, 08:54 PM
Good evening Marines,

I'm sure it's come up a lot but the search function didn't turn up anything so here goes. I just graduated recruit training Friday and I'm trying to get organized and prepared for MCT, marking and squaring away uniforms and gear.

I was wondering what to expect at MCT and if there was any advice or tips the Marines here had for excelling there. How much could I possibly improve my pro cons while at MCT? Mine aren't horrible or anything but I can do better and plan to.

Also I've got family who are dead set on buying me graduation gifts so I was looking at a Camelbak from Grunt.com, are these allowed at MCT? Are they issued? Also my best friend bought me a pair of Danners, they have EGAs embedded so I think they're good to go. Would these be ok to take to MCT or do I need to stick to what I was issued in boot?

When I first report do I need to wear the garrison or barracks cover? Also, I want to be able to give my family an idea of how many phone calls they might expect from me while I'm at MCT. I know I can bring a cell but I've heard time to use it is very limited.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. I'm enjoying leave right now but I'm already looking forward to MCT, if there's anything I've forgotten that someone thinks I should know I appreciate any and all advice.

Thank you Marines

Lisa 23
05-09-10, 09:07 PM
This is in Open Sqaud Bay.......

Mct

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94727&page=2

Williams5710
05-09-10, 09:23 PM
Thank you, I'll be going to Geiger so no libo for me, that's not really a big deal to me though.

CplGiraffe
05-09-10, 09:41 PM
My advice related to your specific questions...

Pack one sea bag not two. Make sure you have cammies with rolled sleeves, skivvie roll, and boots at the top for easy access. Be ready to strip to cammies from alphas so have a place to put your alphas quickly. Camelbaks will be issued but you can buy one for after MCT if you want. No one cares what boots you wear until graduation make sure they are good looking. Garrison cover, I doubt you wear that barracks cover again in years. West coast gets libo saturday and sunday almost every weekend for a few hours... East coast doesn't so calling home will depend on that. However it's not like boot camp, if there is an issue you need to keep tabs on like a sick family member they will make arrangements for you to call home or keep your phone to check at night or something. They do understand things better than your drill instructors. Enjoy your leave, don't waste all your time preparing for MCT, it's a short school and you will be off to your next school before you know it. Good luck, and become guide, scribe, or get on the honor board if you want anything special but they probably won't issue pro-cons to you at MCT.

Williams5710
05-09-10, 10:14 PM
Thanks MossMC, that's about all I was looking for. I guess I'll wear the Danners for training and the Jungle boots for grad, the Jungle boots are the same size as my others but don't fit very well for some reason so I roll my ankle pretty easy in them. My Bates ICBs are a little too thrashed from boot to use I think, not a lot of tread left in the bottom.

Can I get everything I need in one seabag? Or should I leave some small things out and just make a PX call when I get there? My bus is set to arrive about 5 hours before I have to report.

CplGiraffe
05-09-10, 10:21 PM
Just wear your boot camp ones for MCT because it will just be another thrash session on your boots, after MCT switch to the others. And if you are lucky you fit everything in one seabag. Don't forget you have a seabag, warbag (or ditty bag for east coast), and body bag. So it's like a puzzle getting everything in. Don't bring lots of civilian stuff until your actual MOS school, have it mailed out there. Other than that, just fit in GP because you won't get any meritorious promotions there so I would just do what you gotta do, help out your guy to your left and right and past that don't stick out.

doc h fmf
05-10-10, 11:48 AM
THE PX AND WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO ARE in 2 places. THE UNIFORM SHOP IS ON MAIN SIDE FROM GEIGER. AFTER YOUR CHECK IN DAY. YOU WONT GET ANY LIBERTY UNTIL GRADUATION . SO GOODLUCK MY FRIEND.

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF