PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day

USNAviator
05-09-10, 06:19 AM
Want to wish a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the Moms on this site

Dan

redman1
05-09-10, 08:31 AM
Happy Mothers Day to all you Mothers out there.
Without Moms the world would definalty be different
Hope all of you have the day you deserve
Semper Fi Redman

Rocky C
05-09-10, 08:38 AM
Happy Mothers Day to All the Mothers on the Forum.
Off to the Cemetary to visit My Mom for Awhile.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

sparkie
05-09-10, 08:39 AM
Happy Mothers Day to all you Mothers out there.
Without Moms the world would definalty be different
Hope all of you have the day you deserve
Semper Fi Redman

You just included my mother-in-law.:sick:

ecfree
05-09-10, 09:14 AM
HAPPY MOM'S DAY Y'ALL..........;)

PURPLEROSE
05-09-10, 09:55 AM
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE OTHER MOMS OUT THERE, HOPE EVERYONE OF YOU HAVE A BLESSED DAY, WITH YOUR FAMILIES, AS I WILL WITH MY OWN, AND THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE ONES WISHING US A HAPPY MOTHERS DAY. lOVE AND PRAYERS OUT TO YOU ALL. LOVE ALL YOU GUYS. ROSE

Lisa 23
05-09-10, 11:03 AM
Happy Mothers Day to All the Mothers on the Forum.
Off to the Cemetary to visit My Mom for Awhile.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

I did that right after church Rocky.

And Happy Mothers Day to all Mothers here on the forum.

Rowdy1948
05-09-10, 11:10 AM
Happy Mothers Day to all of you Moms Hope you have a good one.

Sally
05-09-10, 11:13 AM
Thank you all. I'm feeling great today.

FistFu68
05-09-10, 01:25 PM
:usmc: Alway's tell Your Mother that You Love Her,I still do to mine when I visit Her grave where She is Buried at the VA.Cemetary next too My PaPa.I put Roses on Her grave every Mothers Day...My Daughters will do the same after I'm gone they Loved their GrandMother.Happy Mothers Day to all the Marine Mom's out there.GodBless You and S/F :usmc: :iwo:

Rocky C
05-09-10, 01:46 PM
I did that right after church Rocky.

And Happy Mothers Day to all Mothers here on the forum.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

redman1
05-09-10, 02:21 PM
Happy Mothers Day again Marine Mothers
I call my Mom twice a day and sometimes three or four ever since my Dad died in 2002
Sometimes it get hard because we were never close but I'm her only friend since my dad passed. My two sisters live in the same town and my Mom at age 73 works for my sister four days a week and only See's her and my other sister on Sunday nights at there church. My Mom goes to another church on Sunday Mornings.
I'm the only one that calls her so much and she trust me. I didn't always treat my Mom with respect but now's my chance and I'm glad I'm here for her now.
Semper Fi Redman

Sheila Hays
05-09-10, 03:34 PM
My mom is in heaven with my dad, I miss them both very much. Thank you for the Happy Mothers Day greeting. I have three sons, three daughter-in-laws, and seven grandchildren. Those grandchildren are well worth having, I finally got some little girls in the family. Semper Fi Sheila Hays

USNAviator
05-09-10, 03:43 PM
To all here whose Mom has away I understand and accept my condolences. My Mom is buried out of state so visits are far and few

This morning I visited my wife of 25 years who passed away two years ago at age 49 from breast cancer. It's been tough

But this morning I brought her great news, our youngest daughter is engaged and she and her betrothed are driving down here to Virginia next weekend so he can formally ask for her hand. I did the same thing but I thought it was a lost gesture in this generation

Best to you all

Dan

sparkie
05-09-10, 06:42 PM
Yea, Dan,,,,, I miss my mom too. I thank God I have my wife and kids. and 1 grandson.
Sorry for your losses,,,,,,,,,,,,,

USNAviator
05-09-10, 07:18 PM
Thank you Marine!!!

Dan

Phantom Blooper
05-09-10, 08:27 PM
Never take your mother for granted

May we never take our mothers for granted For those who are lucky to still be blessed with your Mom this is beautiful.
For those who aren't, this is even more beautiful.

The young mother set her foot on the path of life. "Is this the long way?" she asked. And the guide said, "Yes, and the way is hard. And you will be old before you reach the end of it. But the end will be better than the beginning."

But the young mother was happy, and she would not believe that anything could be better than these years. So she played with her children, she fed them and bathed them, and taught them how to tie their shoes and ride a bike and reminded them to feed the dog, and do their homework and brush their teeth.

The sun shone on them, and the young Mother cried, "Nothing will ever be lovelier than this." Then the nights came, and the storms, and the path was sometimes dark, and the children shook with fear and cold, and the mother drew them close and covered them with her arms, and the children said, "Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near, and no harm can come." And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and the children climbed and grew weary, and the mother was weary. But at all times she said to the children, a little patience and we are there."

So the children climbed, and as they climbed they learned to weather the storms. And with this, she gave them strength to face the world. Year after year, she showed them compassion, understanding, hope, but most of all.... unconditional love. And when they reached the top they said, "Mother, we would not have done it without you." The days went on, and the weeks and the months and the years, and the mother grew old and she became little and bent. But her children were tall and strong, and walked with courage.

And the mother, when she lay down at night, looked up at the stars and said, "This is a better day than the last, for my children have learned so much and are now passing these traits on to their children."

And when the way became rough for her, they lifted her, and gave her their strength, just as she had given them hers.

One day they came to a hill, and beyond the hill, they could see a shining road and golden gates flung wide. And mother said: "I have reached the end of my journey. And now I know the end is better than the beginning, for my children can walk with dignity and pride, with their heads held high, and so can their children after them."

And the children said, " You will always walk with us, Mother, even when you have gone through the gates." And they stood and watched her as she went on alone, and the gates closed after her. And they said: "We cannot see her, but she is with us still. A Mother like ours is more than a memory. She is a living presence."

Your Mother is always with you. She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street, she's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and perfume that she wore, she's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well, she's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a rainbow, she is Christmas morning.

Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she's crystallized in every tear drop A mother shows every emotion..........happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love, hate, anger, helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow...and all the while, hoping and praying you will only know the good feelings in life She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step you take. She's your first love; your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you.

Not time, not space...............not even death!

kenrobg30
05-10-10, 01:23 PM
You just included my mother-in-law.:sick:
Sparkie, I had the kind of Mother-in-law peop;e dream about. When Betty and I had a disagreement, Her mother would stick up for me. I guess She liked me. The other side of that coin was, My Mother, without fail, stuck up for Betty! Bless all Mothers, and treasure them while they're here. I'm a day late, but it's never too late to say, "I love you, MOM !!!" :) S/F!! Ken

MOM4RMARINES
05-08-11, 11:26 PM
Happy Monday!!
We really need your help! If you have completed you EAS please check us out!! We live n breathe the Corps 24/7! We do so with passion, dedication and pride of those that serve in the USMC! Our only mission is for Marines and Corpsman! We are one of the FEW organizations that focus on just Marines! If this interest you please join America 4R Marines on Face book! https://www.facebook.com/pages/America-4R-Marines/169556389733094
Mothers Day is over and it is back to work on sending all the support we can to our deployed! Read about us on our website. www.America4RMarines.org (http://www.America4RMarines.org)

http://america4rmarines.org/uncategorized/team-america-4r-marines-in-2011-marine-corps-marathon
WE have many spots for runners still available!!! To all those that enjoy and hold such a passion for your running- why not raise awareness and support those in which this very Marathon Honors! THE FEW. THE PROUD. THE MARINES!!! You all have seen the huge impact America 4R Marines makes! We do A LOT WITH A LITTLE!! WE can do MORE with YOUR help!! We have one of the lowest minimum fund-raising requirements $400~~~

Semper Fidelis, <Two words all Americans should live by daily. :iwo:
Patty Lewis
Founder/President
America 4R Marines

Mistybluelady
05-09-11, 07:01 AM
To all here whose Mom has away I understand and accept my condolences. My Mom is buried out of state so visits are far and few

This morning I visited my wife of 25 years who passed away two years ago at age 49 from breast cancer. It's been tough

But this morning I brought her great news, our youngest daughter is engaged and she and her betrothed are driving down here to Virginia next weekend so he can formally ask for her hand. I did the same thing but I thought it was a lost gesture in this generation

Best to you all

Dan

Thanks for the Mothers Day wishes Dan.... and always remember Lori isnt gone.. she lives in you and your girls.... God Bless....