PDA

View Full Version : Blood Donation

Yonkers
05-07-10, 03:22 PM
Hello Marines, and thank you for taking time out of your day to hopefully answer my question.

My question is this:

Today I donated blood to my school's blood drive (provided by the red cross) and I was talking to the nurse about the military and how they do things. She said that her friend is in the Navy and donates blood in order to get points of some sort that can give him benefits. Do programs like this really exist? What are the points spent on?

Thanks again for even reading my question, hope you all have a good day!

Beltayn
05-07-10, 04:54 PM
The Navy's promotion system is based on points, which might be what she was referring to.

We don't have anything like that.

Good for you to donate blood though.

Rocky C
05-07-10, 05:31 PM
The Navy's promotion system is based on points, which might be what she was referring to.

X2:thumbup::flag:

MicMarine
05-07-10, 05:37 PM
I have donated a few times. Our SgtMaj had a son that need blood, we donated we were allowed to take the rest of day off. A CO I had would give us the 72, because he liked the warm and fuzzy stuff. I had another 1stSgt, that was said and I quote "What else do you want? You got some damn cookies and some juice. Take your asses back to work, before I volunteer more of your blood to the grass." I would expect the 1stSgt's response, not the other two. If you do get point for Cpl or Sgt, I am sure there is hazing around the corner.

Yonkers
05-07-10, 06:20 PM

Ah dang, oh well I guess. I'll still donate, might as well.

And I wouldn't exactly thank me for donating, I haven't donated in a long time because I didn't want it to effect my PT routine, I only donated this time because my friend (who's a girl) wanted me to hold their hand basically cause it was her first time.

Also, I always love reading your stories you Marines contribute to the conversations in this forum :D

Thanks much Marines!

Sgt Leprechaun
05-11-10, 01:35 AM
Keep donating! I've been doing it since I was 16 years old. It's a good thing.

sparkie
05-11-10, 07:11 AM
So, you donated 'cause there was this girl,,,,,,,,

Now for the 'rest of the story'.

Beltayn
05-11-10, 10:40 AM
What the SGT means to say is, "So did you get your cookies and some juice?"

Yonkers
05-11-10, 03:24 PM
What the SGT means to say is, "So did you get your cookies and some juice?"

Fortunately not sir, the girl is 16.. and that would be illegal. :(

(I'm assuming you meant it that way... I am oblivious sometimes :D)