PDA

View Full Version : NY recruiter earns two meritorious promotions in three years

thedrifter
09-09-03, 08:18 PM
Yoo know how we do - NY recruiter earns two meritorious promotions in three years <br />
Submitted by: 1st Marine Corps District <br />
Story Identification Number: 20039884914 <br />
Story by Sgt. Amanda R. Hay <br />
<br />

marine5
09-20-03, 05:25 PM
Gee..I wonder if he has any "COMBAT TIME" ????

Sixguns
09-20-03, 07:28 PM
RECRUITING IS COMBAT!!!!

"The Marine Corps Recruiting Command is the only unit in daily contact with an opposing force. These Marines are in a battle everyday and their pursuit of mission accomplishment is nothing short of brilliant." -- A famous former commandant

Unless you have walked a mile in this Marine's shoes, I think you are better not to comment. I won't get into all the points I could make to justify his EARNING a well deserved promotion. But, to recycle a quote from a movie (A Few Good Men) "Unless you are willing to pick up a rifle and walk a post, I'd rather you just said thank you and be on your way."

I have walked a mile in that man's shoes. I can tell you all about the things he has given up to achieve the level of success he has obtained.

So, instead of asking if he has combat time, let me ask you, do you??? Because in the minds of many, recruiting is combat, it's a daily fight. Were you on the duty? Did you earn the red and blue badge of courage? Did you earn one of only a dozen meritorious promotions handed out each year to Marines in recruiting? My guess is no. Getting orders to a combat zone is not the individual Marine's choice. So, although he may not have volunteered for combat, or may have never been, he is on recruiting duty and he is winning that war!

Subic76
09-21-03, 08:09 AM
Well said Sixguns.

Subic