PDA

View Full Version : Marine Enlisted Commissioning Program

USNAviator
05-05-10, 06:23 PM
Marines;

Not sure if this applies to anyone here but I thought I'd post it anyway. The link is a PDF file.

Dan

Marine Enlisted Commissioning Program

Week of May 03, 2010
Packets for the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Program (MECEP) are due to Marine Corps Recruiting Command by May 28, but Marines with U.S. Marine Corps Forces, Pacific, have until April 30 to submit for approval through their command. Applicants must have at least three years of active service by May 28 and be at least a sergeant between 20 and 26 years of age. General and special court-martial or civil court proceedings, other than minor traffic violations, are disqualifiers. All applicants must have a first class physical fitness test and combat fitness test, a 74 or higher Armed Forces Qualification Test, at least a 1,000 SAT score or a 22 on the ACT. The selection board is scheduled for Aug. 24. For more information, Marine Corps Order 1560.15L (http://www.usmc.mil/news/publications/Documents/MCO%201560.15L.pdf).

USNAviator
05-13-10, 05:45 PM
i want to enlist after highschool and get involved with the mecep but im pretty sure im not in the top 50% of my class. am i SOL or what?

Son

You need to read what I posted. MECEP refers to active enlisted Marines, not recruits. There is plenty of recruit info here, just do a search

Good luck!

Lisa 23
05-13-10, 10:00 PM
Colbykr...you're posting in the wrong forum. Open Squad Bay is for Marines only.

USNAviator
05-13-10, 10:16 PM
WMarine is correct. You also need to fill in your profile before you can post, it's required. Do yourself a favor and the Marines on board, research whatever questions you may have. If you still have questions go to a recruiter and ask he or she. They have the most up to date info. If you are looking to go officer in college let me know. I can help.

Study hard, stay out of trouble and keep in top physical condition. Start thinking about contacting a recruiter in Sept or Oct. That way you'll be ahead of the curve

Dan