PDA

View Full Version : Need help interpreting C&P Exam notes

lmholmes11
05-03-10, 08:16 PM
Hello all,

Just received my C&P exam notes from my PTSD and TBI claim. On my PTSD claim, at the end under "Doctors Empression" section my doc said "Therefore it is as(or at-could be a typo) least as likely as not that he meets stressor criterion "A" for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder per DSM-IV criteria.

What does that mean? Can anyone interpret into plain English?

lmholmes11
05-04-10, 10:51 AM
anyone

oldtop
05-04-10, 11:20 AM
What it means is that the doctor gave you the VA's "Magic Word" diagnosis.. "it is at least as likely as not" means literally maybe yes or maybe no...50% yes and 50% no. In VA speak, this creates "equipoise" or balance of evidence, in which case the VA MUST find in favor of the veteran. Congrats...you just won your claim, PROVIDED that your proof of stressor holds up. If you were awarded the CAR, PH, or any other award with a "V" device, it's a done deal. If not, then your "stressor" must still be confirmed and conceded for you to win.

Riven37
05-04-10, 02:46 PM
It means you meet the PTSD requirements under the DSM IV but the Doctor saw something more that showed further stressors. I would not worry much about the language until you get your awards letter. If that awards letter shows a denial then worry but right now it appears to be in your favor. remember, I based this on my former work experience, and my own claims experiences.

Hello all,

Just received my C&P exam notes from my PTSD and TBI claim. On my PTSD claim, at the end under "Doctors Empression" section my doc said "Therefore it is as(or at-could be a typo) least as likely as not that he meets stressor criterion "A" for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder per DSM-IV criteria.

What does that mean? Can anyone interpret into plain English?

lmholmes11
05-04-10, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I'll keep this thread updated