PDA

View Full Version : Who’s Your Inspiration?

torgerel
05-03-10, 01:58 PM
I’m the daughter of a former Marine and I have a question to the general forum here. Background: My mother made the rank of Sergeant , the specific details of where she served, and what she did were not shared with me. But I’m perplexed by an event that occurred last Thanksgiving. Without going into all the details; during the months of November and part of December, my mother was in CCU and she had to endure respiratory treatments. The young man administering these treatments (also a fellow Marine) had a “fun” time getting my mother to take them. He finally said something that sparked such a reaction of her, that she “bucked up” and took the treatments. That statement was, “Do it for …….!” Similar to a statement like, “Do it for the Gipper!” (but it wasn’t the Gipper…)
My question is this, What or Who would that have been? What or Who would evoke such a response that would drive one, being seriously ill, sit up and put forth an effort? I was in such shock of her reaction, that I can’t remember for the life of me what that young man had said. Can anyone shed some light? I’m really interested in finding out.
Thank you and God Bless.

awbrown1462
05-03-10, 02:05 PM
do it for the Corps... or it could have been do it for you

tdrt
05-03-10, 02:08 PM
Fill out your profile, please, so we know who we're talking to.

Rocky C
05-03-10, 02:36 PM
He said " Do it for Chesty " ( Chesty Puller ).
Prayers going out to Your Mom.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

BJKpfaller
05-03-10, 02:48 PM
My guess would also be "Do it for Chesty" or "Do it for the Corps". Or as My D.I.used to yell in my ear when I was about to fall by the wayside."Don't give up on me now maggot".
My prayers are also going out for your mother. May God watch out for her and heal her in body and Spirit.
Semper fI

torgerel
05-03-10, 03:46 PM
THANK YOU ALL!!

Chesty sounds familiar. I knew it was something out of ordinary (for me as a civilian).

AND THANK YOU ALL for your well wishes and prayers. She is one tough lady, and she has taught me a lot.

Respectfully,

A proud daughter.