PDA

View Full Version : 31's

Joe1991
05-02-10, 12:16 PM
Hey, I'm a LCpl, been in for about a year and a half. I'm an 0331 machine gunner. Im new to the forum, and was wondering who the other 31's are. I'm in a CAAT platoon, deploying to Afghanistan in the near future. If you are a 31, I also wanna see if they got any tricks of the trade for a boot. For example, my plt sgt helped write the SOI book on machine guns, and he still disagrees with it. He told me, the best lube for the guns is motor oil, i think 15w/30 is what he said... anyone else got anything like that? or just general discussion on machine guns?

Rocky C
05-02-10, 12:22 PM
Might want to Square Away your profile Lance Corporal so we can All Welcome You Aboard..........

<LI class=profilefield_category>About Joe1991 <DL class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><DT class=shade>Rank <DD>E-1 <DT class=shade>Year Entered Marine corps <DD>2008 <DT class=shade>Year Exited Marine Corps <DD>Still in Service </DD></DL>

Joe1991
05-02-10, 12:28 PM
Sorry about that, i think it should be good now.

Rocky C
05-02-10, 12:35 PM
No Harm No Foul, but It is What it is..... :)
Your Good to Go.

Welcome Aboard Brother.

Standby for your answers.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

silverdollar
05-02-10, 02:05 PM
I was a 0331 for awhile,I `ll give you a tip, on a hump let the first ammo carrier tote the cradle off the tripod, makes it a lot lighter for the gunner. and have the asst. gunner carry an extra water hose for the gun, sometimes the tip will hang up on the water jacket of the gun and pop off. Also it wouldn`t hurt to have the 2ed ammo carrier carry an extra water can.:marine:

Komenko
05-02-10, 02:30 PM
I was a 0331 for awhile,I `ll give you a tip, on a hump let the first ammo carrier tote the cradle off the tripod, makes it a lot lighter for the gunner. and have the asst. gunner carry an extra water hose for the gun, sometimes the tip will hang up on the water jacket of the gun and pop off. Also it wouldn`t hurt to have the 2ed ammo carrier carry an extra water can.:marine:

lmao wrong time and era. but very funny!

Mongoose
05-02-10, 03:40 PM
I was a gunner in Nam 68-69, 3/26. The best trick I remember was trying not to be the first Marine killed!
S/F

kenrobg30
05-06-10, 09:43 AM
I was a gunner in Nam 68-69, 3/26. The best trick I remember was trying not to be the first Marine killed!
S/F
Machine Gunners are perfectly safe in a firefight Billy. They have a whole fifteen seconds, to duck or die. Have you read the ' Actuarial Tables?' :beer:
S/F!! Ken

Quinbo
05-06-10, 10:02 AM
Ran two patrols not looking for bad guys but looking for a pintle. Some boot dropped it out of the spare barrel bag and we spent the next three days looking for it. I'm talking on line with e-tools looking.

Keep track of your gear!

Bdchi1
05-06-10, 10:36 AM

Silverdollar should get an extra 1,000 credits in his account for that one. Should we move his post to the 'Chuckles of the Day'? :beer:

BR34
05-06-10, 10:54 AM
Hey, I'm a LCpl, been in for about a year and a half. I'm an 0331 machine gunner. Im new to the forum, and was wondering who the other 31's are. I'm in a CAAT platoon, deploying to Afghanistan in the near future. If you are a 31, I also wanna see if they got any tricks of the trade for a boot. For example, my plt sgt helped write the SOI book on machine guns, and he still disagrees with it. He told me, the best lube for the guns is motor oil, i think 15w/30 is what he said... anyone else got anything like that? or just general discussion on machine guns?

Mobile 1 full synthetic Automatic transmission fluid is what I use for all my guns. None of em are MGs, but it works great none-the-less.

Komenko
05-06-10, 08:46 PM
Mobile 1 full synthetic Automatic transmission fluid is what I use for all my guns. None of em are MGs, but it works great none-the-less.

lol BR34 you know the Marine can not use that unless he wants an NJP!!!