PDA

View Full Version : Old tyme barbor around JVille

LandsNGrooves
04-29-10, 07:57 AM
Are there any barbors around Jville/Wilmington that do straight razor face shaves with a real,solid straight razor, not the disposable blade st8 types?

Marine1955
04-29-10, 11:54 AM
Are there any barbors around Jville/Wilmington that do straight razor face shaves with a real,solid straight razor, not the disposable blade st8 types?

You know whats funny, I went to a Barber Shop a while back and ask for a high & tight and the Barber said what is that and I said did you go to Barber school or what, don't they teach that to Barbers and he said they just show us how to cut hair. Guess he didn't finish his Classes to learn the rest of Hair cut 101 ..

LandsNGrooves
04-29-10, 03:07 PM
You know whats funny, I went to a Barber Shop a while back and ask for a high & tight and the Barber said what is that and I said did you go to Barber school or what, don't they teach that to Barbers and he said they just show us how to cut hair. Guess he didn't finish his Classes to learn the rest of Hair cut 101 ..

whats funny is most "barbors" in this town don't use scissors to thin your top or anything. I go to chick at a salon, and she dose a way better job.

Reason I was asking is im picking up a straight razor soon and need someone local that knows how to hone a blade when stroaping can't bring it back to sharp.

Phantom Blooper
04-29-10, 05:58 PM
I left Jacksonville and was there for thirty years.

The barbers are not allowed by state law to give shaves anymore....this occurred when the AIDS/HIV thing surface about blood contact.

Some argue in the profession one could be nicked from clippers or razor when shaving around neck and ears....but this mandate came from the illustrious politicians in Raleigh.

Grew a beard about ten years ago for a reunion and asked a barber I went to for years to shave it off....he said the above and took it off with the clippers and offered me a disposable razor for the rest...I declined.

When I left allot of barbers are using some product that they just wipe on and dissolves the hair....sometime like a bad wash and wax on a car.

There are good barbers male and female....they all went to the same barbers college....you just have to find one that cuts your gourd to your satisfaction...stick with them and request them each time....might have to wait a few minutes....

I don't have the problem now....the solar panel on the back of my head for my sex machine is getting bigger each day.

So I just wear a cover to keep it from overcharging.

No combovers..but I think I will grow a ponytail.:evilgrin: