PDA

View Full Version : 20 days until boot camp

Ryan34
04-27-10, 05:43 PM
Hey guys I joined the forum a while back when I was accepted to the DEP program. Well I ship out on May 17th for Parris Island as a reservist doing the split option program as a field radio operator. The reason I am taking this path for the time being is because I am currently a full-time college student. My question is that I have been physically preparing for boot camp but I feel like I should be in GREAT SHAPE as opposed to GOOD SHAPE. One side of me tells me that I should be alright I could get about 75 crunches in 2 minutes, 15 pull-ups, but my 1.5 mile time is a weak 11 minutes. I know it is mostly mental but how do you think I shape up for boot camp physically?

AAV Crewchief
04-27-10, 05:49 PM
Hey guys I joined the forum a while back when I was accepted to the DEP program. Well I ship out on May 17th for Parris Island as a reservist doing the split option program as a field radio operator. The reason I am taking this path for the time being is because I am currently a full-time college student. My question is that I have been physically preparing for boot camp but I feel like I should be in GREAT SHAPE as opposed to GOOD SHAPE. One side of me tells me that I should be alright I could get about 75 crunches in 2 minutes, 15 pull-ups, but my 1.5 mile time is a weak 11 minutes. I know it is mostly mental but how do you think I shape up for boot camp physically?

Ryan,

You will be fine. The fact that you actually give a damn is encouraging to me. Your crunches and pull ups will get better. The run is a bit slow, but it will get corrected as well and everyone is not a track star. Enjoy the next 20 days because the next 20 days and beyond will not be as stressfree. Good luck!!! If you WANT TO BE A MARINE, YOU WILL BE A MARINE!!!

Sgt Jim
04-27-10, 05:51 PM
(1) I,m not your guy.use that on you Drill Instructer.(2) I am a Marine,Nuff Said

Ryan34
04-27-10, 06:08 PM
Ryan,

You will be fine. The fact that you actually give a damn is encouraging to me. Your crunches and pull ups will get better. The run is a bit slow, but it will get corrected as well and everyone is not a track star. Enjoy the next 20 days because the next 20 days and beyond will not be as stressfree. Good luck!!! If you WANT TO BE A MARINE, YOU WILL BE A MARINE!!!

Thanks a lot sir, that was extremely motivating for me and makes me feel a bit better going in. It is going to be such a honor to earn the title that you have already earned. I have so much respect for current Marines and all service members for that matter. Thank you again

Lisa 23
04-27-10, 06:34 PM
Ryan34, you have no profile after all these months after you first joined, you're posting in Open Squad Bay, which is for Marines Only, and it's Marines, not hey guys.

Garyius
04-27-10, 07:05 PM
Good luck. Get in the best shape you can, then don't worry about it. Try to get some sleep on the way out there.