PDA

View Full Version : Ghost sightings highest in 25 years

jetdawgg
04-26-10, 05:46 PM
Spooky sightings of ghouls, ghosts and evil spirits are higher than they have been in the past 25 years, according to a new report on haunted Britain

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01432/Haunted3_1432467c.jpg
Infra red photo shows the ghostly figure of a cavalier in the keep at English Heritage's Bolsover Castle Photo: JOHN ROBERTSON

There have been nearly 1,000 reports of demonic activity in the past quarter of a century, with Yorkshire the nation's most ghostly county.
Encounters with devils, demons and evil spirits are as widespread today as they were in medieval times, researchers claim.

The research was led by the UKs leading authority on the unexplained Lionel Fanthorpe who studied various archives and websites as well as his own reports to identify all sightings and recordings of supernatural beings with satanic qualities.

The study found that despite being in time of accelerating technology, 21st century Britons have not turned their back on ghouls, boggarts, hell-hounds, witches, wizards, banshees and black magic curses, with a whopping 968 reports of demonic activity in the past 25 years.

The report indentifies Yorkshire as the centre of ghostly goings-on demonic activity with 74 reports of demons, including Uncabus and Succubus (male and female demons that make sexual attacks on sleeping victims), instances of demonic possession and sightings of hell hounds, water demons and demons with repulsive forms such as ghouls and werewolves.

Sightings of demons in Yorkshire have included a hideous shadow-like hell-hound with no discernible facial features which collided with a car between Northallerton and Leeming Bar on the A684. A sea-going water demon has also been reported off Filey Bay in Yorkshire. Witnesses claimed to have seen a ghostly creature with a long neck, a vast serpentine body and glowing eyes.

Devonshire rated second in the study with 57 reports of sinister activity, mainly from encounters with or sightings of demons with devil like qualities.

On Dartmoor there have been reports that the demonic shape of a man named Stephens who committed suicide still appears and bodes ill for those who encounter it his grave. The apparition is described as hideously skeletal and dressed in the ragged remnants of a grey robe.

Third in the ghoulish league table is Somerset, which hosts the highest number of monsters and has 51 sightings or reports of demonic entities, with Wiltshire coming in fourth with 46 sightings of demons.

Wiltshire is one of the most popular areas for sightings of phantom dogs, shucks or hell-hounds. At Black Dog Hill near Black Dog Woods in Chapmanslade, there are reports of a huge black hound with eyes like red hot coals.

People in Inverness report sightings of 13 water ghosts in the last 25 years, evil spirits whose main purpose is to lure their victims into dangerous water and then drown them. The water ghosts contribute to the area's overall total of 39 demonic beings and one of the most notorious water ghosts resides in the area of Boat of Garten, which lies on each side of the River Spey, near Chapeltown and Tulloch Moor. The paranormal reports from Boat of Garten involve an ancient, inscribed stone visible when the river is at its lowest.

According to legend, the stone is cursed and guarded by a malevolent water-demon, or kelpie-type entity, who protects it savagely. Anyone touching it or attempting to move it is said to become prey to this aquatic, demonic being.
The Demonic Britain report was carried out for the latest DVD release of US TV series Supernatural, normally broadcast on the cable channel Living.

Lionel Fanthorpe said: This report clearly shows we are a nation still rich in sightings and reports of devils, demons and evil spirits of various forms.

"The present human population is many times greater than it was in the past.

Therefore the more people that there are, statistically, the more potential encounters they might have with these unpleasant, non-human entities.

Top 10 ghostly sightings by area:
1 Yorkshire 74
2 Devonshire 57
3 Somerset 51
4 Wiltshire 46
5 Inverness 39
6 Dorset 37
7 = Norfolk 32
7 = Lancashire 32
8 = Sussex 30
8 = Derbyshire 30
9 = Essex 29
9 = Suffolk 29
10 Lincolnshire 24
ends

mmmm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7631387/Ghost-sightings-highest-in-25-years.html

Kegler300
04-26-10, 05:49 PM
Can ghosts fart? I thought I just heard one, and I'm sitting here by myself...

Rocky C
04-26-10, 05:49 PM
Who Ya Gonna Call ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCHFVTQKqdQ

Rocky C
04-26-10, 05:52 PM
Fixed!!!

Top 10 ghostly sightings by area:
1 Washington DC 220
2 Devonshire 57
3 Somerset 51
4 Wiltshire 46
5 Inverness 39
6 Dorset 37
7 = Norfolk 32
7 = Lancashire 32
8 = Sussex 30
8 = Derbyshire 30
9 = Essex 29
9 = Suffolk 29
10 Lincolnshire 24

USNAviator
04-26-10, 06:10 PM
Rocky

I think those 220 in D.C. are no show members of Congress!!! I also believe New Orleans is a well known vacation spot for the ectoplasmicaly challenged!

Dan

Rocky C
04-26-10, 06:12 PM
Rocky

I think those 220 in D.C. are no show members of Congress!!! I also believe New Orleans is a well known vacation spot for the ectoplasmicaly challenged!

Dan

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:thumbup::D

FattyTheFerret
04-26-10, 10:25 PM
People who believe in ghosts, UFOs, loch ness monsters, bigfoot, werewolves and all that other crap are....what's the word I'm looking for?

oh right

dumb

firedog974
04-26-10, 10:35 PM
People who believe in ghosts, UFOs, loch ness monsters, bigfoot, werewolves and all that other crap are....what's the word I'm looking for?

oh right

dumb

Ahhhhhhh.....more intellectual stimulation from fatty. I not only believe in ghosts, but have seen one. I guess I am just dumb.
What amazes me is how you "claim" to have an open mind, yet dismiss anything that does not conform to your norms. Can you say "closed minded?"

FattyTheFerret
04-26-10, 11:03 PM
I not only believe in ghosts, but have seen one.

call Fox Mulder

firedog974
04-26-10, 11:04 PM
call Fox Mulder

eat ****

FattyTheFerret
04-26-10, 11:11 PM
oooooooooooooooo scaaaary

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4495/casperfriendlyghost3.jpg

DanM
04-26-10, 11:20 PM
No mention of Parris Island? Maybe you were too tired and more afraid of the D.I.'s at the time.

firedog974
04-26-10, 11:21 PM
Fatty, you are a dumbass, and immature to boot. Shouldn't you be at a gay pride rally? I love how you dismiss all that is against your norms. I love how you claim to be so smart, yet don't know ****. I love that everyone here sees through your bull****, and sees you for what you are. Go back to genmay.com, semperfly........

Sayomp5811
04-26-10, 11:26 PM
Spend a few nights 'round 3 oclock a.m. at the Wounded Warrior BN... I dont believe in that stuff, usually. But living here for a few years will keep you on the edge of your seat. Its a branch of the old Naval Hospital and sure as s*** some funky stuff goes down. Curtains move, lights click on and off, doors close on their own and theirs always weird noises. Check it out if youre on Lejeune sometime!

FattyTheFerret
04-26-10, 11:29 PM
Fatty, you are a dumbass, and immature to boot. Shouldn't you be at a gay pride rally? I love how you dismiss all that is against your norms. I love how you claim to be so smart, yet don't know ****. I love that everyone here sees through your bull****, and sees you for what you are. Go back to genmay.com, semperfly........

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/204/shaggyscoobyscared19695.jpg

firedog974
04-26-10, 11:30 PM
http://uselessforums.com/member.php?65-SemperFly

firedog974
04-26-10, 11:33 PM
With over 6k posts on genmay.com, 7k+ posts on uselessforums.com, and close to 2k here, it looks like your life is nothing more than trolling the net trying to show the world how smart you are. Maybe one day you can grow up, meet a real girl (or, knowing you, a guy), and speak to them IN PERSON....... That would be a nice change, wouldn't it.....

FattyTheFerret
04-26-10, 11:35 PM
http://ctchannel.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/ghostwhisperer.jpg

firedog974
04-26-10, 11:36 PM
What an intelligent response......

FattyTheFerret
04-26-10, 11:37 PM
:bunny:

firedog974
04-26-10, 11:41 PM
Now, go to one of your other online profiles, and brag about how smart you are, and how mean the world is. When you are done, tell us all again about all of your degrees and how much money you make, and HOPE no one reading is intelligent enough to figure out that you cannot possibly hold a job of any value, nor be a student with any success when you spend every waking hour on a computer telling everyone how smart you are. Do you still live at mommy's house?

FattyTheFerret
04-26-10, 11:42 PM
I'll mail you $100 cash if you find a post where I have claimed to hold multiple degrees. :cool:

firedog974
04-26-10, 11:43 PM
I'll mail you $100 cash if you find a post where I have claimed to hold multiple degrees. :cool:

Nah....I don't want you to have to borrow money from mommy.

FattyTheFerret
04-26-10, 11:44 PM
hah that's what I thought. couldn't do it

VICTORY :banana:

edit: Current Activity: Searching Forums

hey, giving it that ole college try :nerd: awesome

firedog974
04-27-10, 12:07 AM
hah that's what I thought. couldn't do it

VICTORY :banana:

edit: Current Activity: Searching Forums

hey, giving it that ole college try :nerd: awesome

Thank you for making my point. You see, to me, a "victory" is something more like raising well rounded children.....Maybe even leading a good life, and being a good father and husband....Maybe doing something that makes a difference in the world...helping people out. Those would be things I would use the word "victory" for. To you, it is a "victory" to have (in your mind) outwitted a complete stranger on the internet, so you could impress other strangers, and make yourself feel better about your sad, worthless existence. This is what makes your sad, strange little world revolve. You see, people like you need feedback from complete strangers to make you feel whole. After all, you have tried real relationships, but have quickly learned you lack the social skills and the personality to make any real relationship work. So, you end up where you are. A sad little man who runs around the internet, pretends to be something you are not, and hides behind the ambiguity and anonymity it provides. One day, when you are sitting there, licking the chocolate syrup out of grandma's panties and smearing your own feces on your face, it will hit you...."MAN, I AM ****ED UP!!!"
When it happens, you need to blame it on all those wasted days on the internet....

FattyTheFerret
04-27-10, 12:09 AM
Thank you for making my point. You see, to me, a "victory" is something more like raising well rounded children.....Maybe even leading a good life, and being a good father and husband....Maybe doing something that makes a difference in the world...helping people out. Those would be things I would use the word "victory" for. I guess the dancing banana doesn't suggest that it may have been a joke. Shucks. :cry:

To you, it is a "victory" to have (in your mind) outwitted a complete stranger on the internet, so you could impress other strangers, and make yourself feel better about your sad, worthless existence. I highly doubt I impressed anyone at all! :beer:
This is what makes your sad, strange little world revolve. You see, people like you need feedback from complete strangers to make you feel whole. After all, you have tried real relationships, but have quickly learned you lack the social skills and the personality to make any real relationship work. So, you end up where you are. A sad little man who runs around the internet, pretends to be something you are not, and hides behind the ambiguity and anonymity it provides. One day, when you are sitting there, licking the chocolate syrup out of grandma's panties and smearing your own feces on your face, it will hit you...."MAN, I AM ****ED UP!!!"
When it happens, you need to blame it on all those wasted days on the internet....
You are awesome! Watch that blood pressure. :flag:

Sayomp5811
04-27-10, 12:14 AM
Nah....I don't want you to have to borrow money from mommy.

you should probably stop the banter! you are above that.

FattyTheFerret
04-27-10, 12:21 AM
He is. Better man than I.

In all seriousness, I apologize for calling anyone dumb. I still hold that opinion of people who believe in ghosts but I should not have pulled the pin on the grenade in such a manner. I was in the wrong.

Sayomp5811
04-27-10, 12:25 AM
Yeah, pulled the pin alright. Thanks for being civil. Everybody needs to grow up around here. This isnt a ****in contest, and the moderators should keep a closer eye on all the STUPID ARGUEMENTS. Nite.

jetdawgg
04-27-10, 07:58 AM
http://overruledblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/movie_i_see_dead_people.jpg

fmoyer
04-27-10, 09:55 AM
While stationed on Okie there were stories about the ghost of Naha a young girl who stood on the road looking for a ride, she was one of the young girls killed in the caves during WWII. Taxi drivers were very afraid to drive in certain areas at night.

NoRemorse
04-27-10, 10:05 AM
LoL, Fatty's cheating on the forums here.

Lynn2
04-27-10, 10:35 AM
As I get older I believe in less of this sort of thing but more open to the possibility that there is "stuff" going on out there that cannot be explained in any normal way.

Color me open but skeptical.

I find the idea of ghosts not to be any weirder than the thought of some tradesmen being dead for 3 days then getting up and talking a walk and chatting with people. And many believe that that sort of thing has happened before.

I was once a card carrying member of a group that believed that you could turn bread into human flesh.

Everyone I guess believes in something that seems stupid to someone else.

kenrobg30
04-29-10, 11:22 AM
I used to believe in People. Stupid, isn't it?

jetdawgg
04-29-10, 11:39 AM
@kenrobg30

Were any of those people in congress?:D:usmc:

kenrobg30
04-29-10, 01:24 PM
@kenrobg30

Were any of those people in congress?:D:usmc:
Not all of them , but i had to wonder about that a few times too. Especially after reading some of the idiocy on the internet. All stupid, except you and me of course. :D S/F!!! Ken

buggoffextco
04-29-10, 02:59 PM
I have to say that a thread that could have been fun, wasn't...