PDA

View Full Version : Requesting advice for college+service

col657
04-25-10, 01:01 PM
I am a wannabe in eleventh grade and I am currently looking at two options. One is NROTC, the other is the IIADT two by six reserves program for the Marine Corps.
I was wondering if you feel that enlisting would provide important experience that would make me a better officer if I wanted to continue service after graduating college with the IIADT program, how and within what time frame I may become an officer after participating in IIADT, and any other info you feel I should know, or any advice you may have.

Thank you very much
Colleen Bucher

Capital M
04-25-10, 01:25 PM
Enlisting isn't necessary to become a better officer. It's a individual choice. There are some ( like myself) who graduate with a Bachelor's but don't think they're ready to lead Marines. My plan is to serve until I feel I'm mature enough to handle responsibilities as an officer. Again, that's just me. Many attend PLC or OCC while they're in college and become successful officers after they graduate.. it's depends on the person.

As for what time you can apply to OCS. I believe you can attend PLC-Juniors after your sophomore year and PLC-Seniors after your junior year.

It's really up to you and what your priorites are.