PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember testing paper sleeping bags?

chrispbrown27
04-24-10, 05:09 PM
This may sound crazy but my Dad swore that when he was in the Corps (64-68) they used paper sleeping bags. He was not sure if it was a test run type thing or what the deal was, but he said they were a heavy paper that might have been waxed for waterproofing. He said in his book the test failed in a big way, spent a long cold night wrapped up in little more than butchers paper.
Anyone experience this?
Chris

Friartuck43
07-14-13, 01:04 PM
When
This may sound crazy but my Dad swore that when he was in the Corps (64-68) they used paper sleeping bags. He was not sure if it was a test run type thing or what the deal was, but he said they were a heavy paper that might have been waxed for waterproofing. He said in his book the test failed in a big way, spent a long cold night wrapped up in little more than butchers paper.
Anyone experience this?

Chris

When I went through ITR (Infantry Training Regiment) at Camp Pendleton in March 1966, we spent one night in paper sleeping bags. It was freezing cold, and we agreed that the bags were completely useless. It was a miserable night.

brecon65
07-15-13, 07:53 AM
Nov/Dec 1963, ITR, Pendelton.
Makes me shiver to remember it.
Long, long night.

advanced
07-15-13, 08:55 AM
You all had sleeping bags? After Elliot's Beach I never saw 1. In the Nam we used poncho liners.

FistFu68
07-16-13, 02:50 PM
You Marines got 2 Sleep?